Please help, been scammed out of £500 3 weeks before my baby due

sorry why do you keep contacting him and then waiting around?! go to the police now and also report on ebay. HE IS NOT GOING TO REFUND YOU!

I think you're being too patient. I think he's more likely to buy a new sim card and change his number than refund you. Sorry, I really hope I'm wrong but I would be calling the Police now, I wouldn't wait until 3 o'clock and be given yet another excuse.

Don't give him anymore time as the longer you leave it the chances of the police helping are probably getting slimmer. If it's not in your bank ring the police today :hugs:

OH said he will call police today... £500 is a fortune to me ATM, both me and my OH have overdrawn bank accounts, we have no food in the house, had to park at hospital yesterday without a ticket cos couldn't afford to buy one... :(

Can't cook my LO tea tonight cos we was relying on him giving money back last Friday so we spent all we had on the car. Might have to sell this car and rely on taxis to get to hospital etc just so I can do some food shopping :(

Sorry late reply but as my first comment said get a crime number and call your bank xx

OH said he will call police today... £500 is a fortune to me ATM, both me and my OH have overdrawn bank accounts, we have no food in the house, had to park at hospital yesterday without a ticket cos couldn't afford to buy one... :(

Can't cook my LO tea tonight cos we was relying on him giving money back last Friday so we spent all we had on the car. Might have to sell this car and rely on taxis to get to hospital etc just so I can do some food shopping :(

Call them right now! Don't wait for your OH!

I know money is v difficult for u, £500 is a lot for everyone and I can understand u r struggling and holding out that he will give u the money back but unfortunately it is very very very unlikely it is going to happen. In the mean time u need to start getting the wheels in gear for getting your money back. Weewdy is right an u nee to start being official in contact. Keep as much as u have already and screen shot the page from e bay of the car showing the information. Send him a formal letter and ensure it is recorded delivery. Contact ur bank the police and start looking into small claims court where they will look into this for u. Tbh I don't think the bank and the police will b able to do much but it will back u up when making the claim. The police should hopefully b able to advise u on the next steps. If not try Martin Lewis' website as there are a lt of people on there who can help. I'm sorry this has happened to u. It happens to the best of us but unfortunately he is taking u for a ride and the longer u leave it the worse it will b. start looking into formal proceedings. Good luck and keep us updated x

It's my OH's eBay tho and he paid the money into this blokes account. All I know is this blokes supposed name and his phone number. He gave OH his address a week ago but we can't be sure it's his real address. Is there any point me calling? Wouldn't it be better for my OH to call?? He is at work ATM and I can't contact him

It's my OH's eBay tho and he paid the money into this blokes account. All I know is this blokes supposed name and his phone number. He gave OH his address a week ago but we can't be sure it's his real address. Is there any point me calling? Wouldn't it be better for my OH to call?? He is at work ATM and I can't contact him

I think if you are sacrificing your sons dinner your OH needs to make the call now.

Well it will be his name, because you need the correct name to put it in to the bank account? It shouldn't be that hard to find him even if he has given a dodgy address because of the bank account thing.

Just call and ask their advice, see what they say. Even if they say you cant officially report it, they can offer advice on what to do in these circumstances.

Ok, I'm off to pick LO up from school I'll call 101 when I get back... I'm so scared of them telling me there is nothing they can do I think... I hope my OH kept his bank details, he told me he got a receipt when he paid it in but he is that petrified of me getting worked up over this even more he could have just said that to keep me calm when I asked him this morning

Banks do give you a receipt when you've paid something in usually. But as PP said, if you can't even buy your child dinner you should be very proactive in trying to get it back xx

Banks do give you a receipt when you've paid something in usually. But as PP said, if you can't even buy your child dinner you should be very proactive in trying to get it back xx

Yes I'm aware of that. She isn't going to starve, I'm just hormonal and panicking. X

:hugs: hun, no one is judging you or suggesting she will starve. We are just worried about you, you don't need this stress eh?

He has messaged OH just now. Apparantly missed bank again, I fucking hate this man!!! Said his missis will do it on comp at 9pm?? My oh believes him....!

I don't know what to do!!!

Ffs.

Fk it. I'm calling 101 now. I don't have all details but hope they can give me an idea of what I can do

He has messaged OH just now. Apparantly missed bank again, I fucking hate this man!!! Said his missis will do it on comp at 9pm?? My oh believes him....!

I don't know what to do!!!

Ffs.

Call the police, now! Your OH is dragging his heels. You need to be the one to take action hun.

phone 101 this can't go on any longer x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->