Please help, been scammed out of £500 3 weeks before my baby due

Oh I'm so sorry hun :(

£500 is no joke, I would inform ebay and see if his account can get closed so this doesn't happen to anyone else, what a idiot though, how do you go about your day stealing from people like that?!!

Seriously though how do you keep giving the person false hope?

Are you speaking with him directly on phone or is it text messages? I've never heard of someone replying back to texts messages like this, obviously part of his evil twisted plan :(

He has just rang my OH shouting at him. "How dare you accuse me of being deceitful" etc. said we have a car there and to go and collect it, my oh said we don't have the money now cos we had to buy another and he said pay me £1 a week......

What a joke, my oh wants to go and get it, but I assume he will prob then report it as stolen. That's if he is been there at that address

I would tell him bring it to me and I will give you guys a ride home. Or meet me at police station. Longer he has you grasping at false hope longer he can get a few bucks here/there.

Maybe a car he owes on and know it will be repoed soon so he is doing this.

Did you ever cancel transaction through ebay/alert them>??? at least they would watch over him to prevent this happening again.

they will probably end up getting a non paying bidder strike for it as technically they backed out of the sale!

the guy still has the car and will just say to ebay he isnt releasing the car without full payment

i totally see that the op has been conned but there is no back up or evidence to say that, in fact it will look more like they changed there mind about buying the car after paying the deposit to the seller and therefore they are at fault

He advertised the car with 6 months tax, then said he couldn't and wouldn't tax it.

Why on earth would OH out £500 in his account if he had no intention of purchasing the car?? We had the rest of the money in cash to give him on delivery but he then backed out on the tax thing and I wasn't willing to drive it without tax and was unable to tax it myself without insurance docs and couldn't do it over phone cos then tax disc goes to person on log book, this was someone before Jeremy so couldn't see a way around it

He advertised the car with 6 months tax, then said he couldn't and wouldn't tax it.

Why on earth would OH out £500 in his account if he had no intention of purchasing the car?? We had the rest of the money in cash to give him on delivery but he then backed out on the tax thing and I wasn't willing to drive it without tax and was unable to tax it myself without insurance docs and couldn't do it over phone cos then tax disc goes to person on log book, this was someone before Jeremy so couldn't see a way around it

it really doesnt matter the only thing to go on are the facts

*you bid and won a car
*you bank trasferred a deposit outwith ebay so are therefore not protected
*you changed your mind about buying the car (the bit about why you didnt buy it being insurance etc isnt relevant, just the fact that you changed your mind)

Unless you have proof and open case ASAP I would think ebay will favor in his defense if he had nothing else on account. Did you ever request the contact info-I know ebay had that option years ago. If you have a police report there may be a different name link on ebay account.

It is more the way you handled it then if your wrong or not. Ebay IMO really tends to favor buyer but with cash transactions it is hard for them to help-that is why they say do not pay with certain things. They WANT to keep it safe. They make alot on cars and high priced items and want to see you walk away happy.

But when they see issues coming up days/weeks later it may just show up as a buyer backed out/found better deal.

Did you get given the guys address? I'd be straight down to his house if he did tbh.. With the way it's all been done there doesn't seem to be much else you can do :(

This sort of scam is rife, it's very unlikely you will get that money back, so therefore I would concentrate my efforts on getting him off ebay, put it down as one of those things and let karma deal with him.

*you bid and won a car
*you changed your mind about buying the car (the bit about why you didnt buy it being insurance etc isnt relevant, just the fact that you changed your mind)

Didn't change our mind At all, we agreed to buy the car that was advertised, with tax....

*you bid and won a car

Didn't change our mind At all, we agreed to buy the car that was advertised, with tax....

im not trying to have a go at you, just putting the facts as they will be seen by ebay etc

Lets say he has the car.

Would you give the rest of money on spot if he showed up in 10 minutes. From what you say it is already spent/your hurting so answer is no. Yes he did wrong but he can twist it to say he came and you did not have money/were a flake bidder when in truth you did have money.

Were you ever able to test drive it?

We have found leads but never bought a car as all the test drives/looking over showed the true worth was less then the current bid. For a used car dealer who has a shop it was more then worth it but for a couple just looking for a decent car with not to much needed ASAP things it was not our thing.

*you bid and won a car

im not trying to have a go at you, just putting the facts as they will be seen by ebay etc

But surely even to eBay he wasn't selling what he listed??? :shrug:

*you bid and won a car

But to eBay you shouldn't of payed cash. It says never pay cash as you aren't protected :(

*you bid and won a car

ok yes item not as described, you wont get a non paying bidder strike. it wont get you the 500 back either though as it was paid in cash into the guys account, outwith ebays protection

*you bid and won a car

ok yes item not as described, you wont get a non paying bidder strike. it wont get you the 500 back either though as it was paid in cash into the guys account, outwith ebays protection

Yeh I know that eBay won't get us our money back.

I know our money is gone

:hugs: Reported it to ebay and I would perhaps even report it to Halifax with their details, they wont be able to do anything but it is always good to keep them fully informed.

How awful for you. Really sorry you have lost so much money. I would be so upset xx

I know the banks won't refunds his sort of fraud as they only refund "unauthorised transactions" eg someone taking money from your account without your permission.i would defo go down the e bay route but again accept that u may not get your money back as it was not done through pay pal. Under the distance selling act you have up to 7 working days to cancel a purchase and receive a full refund. You may fall under this with eBay. It may b worth researching your rights as a buyer. I would STRONGLY SUGGEST you stop all contact with the seller. Only formal contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->