Please help, been scammed out of £500 3 weeks before my baby due

He has messaged OH just now. Apparantly missed bank again, I fucking hate this man!!! Said his missis will do it on comp at 9pm?? My oh believes him....!

I don't know what to do!!!

Ffs.

Then his missus could of done it on the computer ages ago. Ringing is the right thing to do.

Ah hun I hope they can do something for you. :hugs:

I agree why didn't his gf just do it in the first place :(
Hope the police can help :hugs:

101 gave me number for Action Fraud.

The guy was very helpful, took all details, was very sympathetic, unfortunately he thinks he recognised the address we have for "Jeremy" he said they had someone call not too long ago saying they had lots of people turning up for cars, they had no cars for sale...

I gave him all details we have for "Mr Smith" yes believe it or not, he is a Mr Smith :dohh: including bank details of the account the money went into, he said it sounds like a common fraud unfortunately.

I have a crime reference number and the case has now been passed to Met Police and they will look into it and be in touch if they think they can do anything.

So looks like we have lost the £500 :cry:

My poor OH feels a twat but he said he just wanted to get a nice car for us, I need to support him now cos he feels he has let us down terribly, I don't blame him at all, I am angry that he didn't listen to me and also that it's taken this long for him to realise that he is a conman but I don't blame him, he was trying to look after his family by getting us a good car

Thanks for everyone's advice :flower:

Have you spoken to your bank? Sorry it's turned out this way x

I detest that man, I'm so gutted, that money was for the last bits we need for my baby.

Fuck :cry:

If you have can get a crime number your bank might refund the money but you will have to take legal action against the guy obviously.

Huge :hugs:

xxx

My OH went into Halifax and paid it into his account with cash, my OH banks with Lloyd's and I'm with Natwest. So no good there

:hugs: I am sorry it turned out this way. It is awful that he seems to do it often, the Met may well be able to do more because it is more than a one time thing.

Oh no can't believe he recognised the address :(
Did they advice you about weather to keep contacting him etc x

My OH went into Halifax and paid it into his account with cash, my OH banks with Lloyd's and I'm with Natwest. So no good there

sorry i thought you had transferred the money to him through the bank. someone walks into a bank and puts £500 in your account. a week later they call the police, tbh you have pretty much zero chance of getting this money back. if you oh had transferred it you stood a chance of charging it back, or at least he would have if he had done it straight away

Some people just have no conscience. I know your OH was a bit too trusting, but you really shouldn't have to think about people doing things like this.

I just don't know how they sleep at night.

sorry i thought you had transferred the money to him through the bank. someone walks into a bank and puts £500 in your account. a week later they call the police, tbh you have pretty much zero chance of getting this money back. if you oh had transferred it you stood a chance of charging it back, or at least he would have if he had done it straight away

This is probably why the guy has been buying time.

Gosh I don't consider myself an overly naive person but I genuinely didn't think someone would be so brazen :( probably my naivety again but can't the police just trace the bank account??

Make sure you report to eBay as well to get his account shut down, really sorry hun, sorry if I am being daft, but wasn't the money for a new car? In which case, although by all means not the answer to your problems, but could you get a cheaper car now?xx

This is probably why the guy has been buying time.

well thats what i thought the whole thread until i realised that the oh had paid in cash to the guys bank. never going to see that again.

Sorry for multiple posts, but I would be going into the Halifax straight away and letting them know what has happened. I'm not sure what their stance would be on an account that is being used defraud people, but I guess they would want to do something about it.

they haven't got any proof of fraud

the only actual fact in this is that the oh walked into a bank and put £500 cash in someone elses account

none of the texts will prove anything, i would guess the mobile is pay as you go unregistered

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->