Please help, Hpt progression not great - am I losing my rainbow?

All the best hun I hope you have a sticky xx

I learnt a very hard lesson with dd2- you seriously cannot judge hcg levels by the darkness of a pregnancy test!! I panicked for a couple of weeks about my tests and and 1 point the tests were exactly the same colour but hcg showed over 1000 increase!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-journals/787680-ttc-2-after-4m-cs-beautiful-daughter-87.html

Above is a link to my journal do if you want to look at mine feel free!

Good luck and I really think your tests look great x

I learnt a very hard lesson with dd2- you seriously cannot judge hcg levels by the darkness of a pregnancy test!! I panicked for a couple of weeks about my tests and and 1 point the tests were exactly the same colour but hcg showed over 1000 increase!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-journals/787680-ttc-2-after-4m-cs-beautiful-daughter-87.html

Above is a link to my journal do if you want to look at mine feel free!

Good luck and I really think your tests look great x

Thank you so much! You're giving me a bit of hope... Glad it all turned out ok with your daughter... Xxx

urine tests can't be used for that! they all run to a point of saturation which is the maximum of hormone they can bind and then comes the so called hook effect where they get oversaturated and your lines get lighter (and actually if you dilute your pee, the line will get darker).

it is hard not to panic especially after a loss (imho, one of the hardest things one can go through in life), BUT... hpts ain't the right tool, and whenever the panic gets you, remind yourself of that.

This is today's test. So taken at 12dpo, 14dpo and 15dpo. Thoughts? I know it's not darker but I don't think it's lighter either, or am I just fooling myself? And if it isn't lighter is that a good sign? Would it be lighter by now if I was losing it? Still lighter than the one from 12dpo but that one has a way darker White in the windows too, I think that test is from October last year so still in date...

Can't wait til Thursday for my results... So worried for my rainbow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 29
I think those tests look great! I know how hard it is, a pp made me feel better when she said her hcg increased but tests stayed the same, with my CP's they got lighter and disappeared in just days so I'm really hoping that the fact they stayed the same is a good sign? But with my son by this point the test was way way darker than the control. I haven't tested in 3 days now! You can see from my pics that 19 & 20 dpo were lighter but so was the control, idk but i didnt have anymore sd tests to use, im still worried if im honest but I still got the same line on other tests so idk! Xxx

Attachments

• IMG_20150130_191605.jpg
    IMG_20150130_191605.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20150131_183724.jpg
    IMG_20150131_183724.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 15
The ones on the left show excellent progression. The ones on the right are lighter, but the control line is way lighter too, they look lol my dodgy lot ones. (Think the lot number ended in 59 or 46??) BUT shaving said that, even those show progression so you have nothing to worry about :) Congrats!

I wish id kept the boxes to check! I dunno hun, thank you but cause I never tested again with SD I don't know what would of happened! The 20 dpo one dried much lighter, I've only used cheap pound shop ones since and got the same line as on the 20dpo but it just stayed the same it didn't get darker, wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have this worry. I did try diluting my wee and testing with ICS and the line was darker so whether I got the hook effect early or not I just don't know. I've looked at that many tests on count down to pregnancy I honestly think yours look great! Xxxxx

Thank you, I hope you're right. Can't stand this worry much longer. It sounds awful, but part of me just wishes that - IF I'm losing This baby - it happens now and quickly and it would be all over rather than lasting a few days and giving me hope. Of course, I'd much rather NOT be losing my baby but I just need to know one way or another...

I too am having this exact same issue. I am 5 weeks today and my ic are not getting any darker and when I have done FRER they weren't getting darker either. :sad1: Feeling numb right now.

Hoping Girl, the test you took today @15 DPO looks a little bit darker than your 13 DPO test. Honestly, you arent going to see very much progression if you take the tests everyday, trust me, I was obsessed. I found that if I took the tests every other day, to give my HCG 48 hrs to double, then i would see i difference in the tests. But I couldnt see any difference on tests that I took every single day, sometimes more than once a day. With my first pregnancy in Nov, I miscarryed @5 weeks, and my lines were all very light, but they did show minor progression every 2 days. Your tests look much darker than mine were when i miscarried. Of course...I immediately got pregnant again, and now have a happy wiggly 9 weeks baby growing :baby: (saw it wiggling on a scan yesterday). I hope everything works out for you!

I too am having this exact same issue. I am 5 weeks today and my ic are not getting any darker and when I have done FRER they weren't getting darker either. :sad1: Feeling numb right now.

I'm sorry you're going through this too. Would you like to upload your tests and we'll tell you what we think? Only thing keeping me hopeful are the stories being shared in this thread right now and the fact that I've been googling and since 2013 roughly, some people are saying the frers are not shaking great progression even though pregnancies are going well. Don't know about SuperDrug ones but we'll see...

Hoping Girl, the test you took today @15 DPO looks a little bit darker than your 13 DPO test. Honestly, you arent going to see very much progression if you take the tests everyday, trust me, I was obsessed. I found that if I took the tests every other day, to give my HCG 48 hrs to double, then i would see i difference in the tests. But I couldnt see any difference on tests that I took every single day, sometimes more than once a day. With my first pregnancy in Nov, I miscarryed @5 weeks, and my lines were all very light, but they did show minor progression every 2 days. Your tests look much darker than mine were when i miscarried. Of course...I immediately got pregnant again, and now have a happy wiggly 9 weeks baby growing :baby: (saw it wiggling on a scan yesterday). I hope everything works out for you!

Thank you, I know I need to stop testing. I've used up my last frer so that's it now. I think I panicked because the first frer Was done at 12dpo not 13 so I did leave 48 hours between first and second test, expecting to see a nice progression and I didn't. So today's test is actually three days later than first one, not two. But hopefully you're right and it is darker... I can't trust my eyes anymore ...

Honestly it makes no difference what so ever. With my last pregnancy my tests were getting lovely and dark and progressing fine and i still MC a week later. Progression or lack of progression doesnt not determine your pregnancy.

Im trying myself not to keep testing too though.

Honestly it makes no difference what so ever. With my last pregnancy my tests were getting lovely and dark and progressing fine and i still MC a week later. Progression or lack of progression doesnt not determine your pregnancy.

You're right.... I'm glad I've not got any more tests...

Its really really hard but enjoy your pregnancy. I keep telling myself that im pregnant today and ill enjoy today and thats all that matters. I'd lie if i said i wasnt panicked too though.

Its really really hard but enjoy your pregnancy. I keep telling myself that im pregnant today and ill enjoy today and thats all that matters. I'd lie if i said i was panicked too though.

Congratulations and happy and healthy nine months to you :) I hope our panic is unfounded!! :)

So pic of the three - top 24th - middle 25th - bottom 28th

the other one was taken on the 30th....
IMG_2553.jpgIMG_2564.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back