Please help, Hpt progression not great - am I losing my rainbow?

Doctor just rang... Level is 37, doctor said she's sure I'm having an early mc as she would expect it to be higher at 4 weeks...

That's such an unfair thing to say to you before they even check to see if your numbers are doubling. Hcg levels can vary so much. Crossing my fingers that your baby is just a slow starter and will catch up. Hugs x

Don't lose hope,
HCG levels have a very large range and as long as they are doubling or close to that every 48-76 hours you should be okay.

Here are some websites that might help you.
https://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/

https://www.betabase.info/chart/basic/single

Good luck to you!

Thank you... But as the doctor said, if I had my first positive a week ago and levels were doubling as they should, they would be higher than 37 now...

Progression looks great to me. I posted a thread around 5 weeks because I wasn't seeing a great deal of progression either. With my previous 2 pregnancies I had very very dark lines when AF was due but I have only just at 6 weeks started getting those same darkness of control line lines.

I had great progression and dark lines but still miscarried last time. The darkness isn't always a reflection of HCG levels.. doctors would save millions on blood tests if that was the case :winkwink:

Your still very early yet your FRER are alot darker than mine were at 4 weeks :hugs: I am glad my tests ran out.. stop testing as the stress isn't helpful and the progression of pregnancy can't be seen on the tests.

Ask your doctor for a blood test and a repeat one to ease your anxiety, I hope that will help :hugs:

Don't lose hope,
HCG levels have a very large range and as long as they are doubling or close to that every 48-76 hours you should be okay.

Good luck to you!

Thank you... But as the doctor said, if I had my first positive a week ago and levels were doubling as they should, they would be higher than 37 now...

Thats a silly thing of your doctor to say when they didn't even know your starting HCG a week ago! Your level could have been extremely low when your HCG picked it up, as if your 4 weeks now you were very very early when you got your positive. Every site I have come across your HCG 37 level is within range. There's huge overlaps in 'normal' numbers from week to week. As other people had said- it's more the rate of rise than the number itself that's important so your Doctor cannot make any assumptions without a repeat blood test.

Go back and have them retest

FX :hugs:

Don't lose hope,

Good luck to you!

Thats a silly thing of your doctor to say when they didn't even know your starting HCG a week ago! Your level could have been extremely low when your HCG picked it up, as if your 4 weeks now you were very very early when you got your positive. Every site I have come across your HCG 37 level is within range. There's huge overlaps in 'normal' numbers from week to week. As other people had said- it's more the rate of rise than the number itself that's important so your Doctor cannot make any assumptions without a repeat blood test.

Go back and have them retest

FX :hugs:

:) thank you, I'm having my repeat test tomorrow...

I also think that's unfair to say before they have done the second test, really hoping the next test brings great news. Thinking of you xxxxxxx

I also think that's unfair to say before they have done the second test, really hoping the next test brings great news. Thinking of you xxxxxxx

Thank you... Been googling away all night and there are stories of people having as low a level as mine at 14dpo and going on to have a healthy pregnancy, but they all seem uncertain of when they ovulated so they say they could be 12dpo or else they didn't get their positives til about 12dpo, while I got mine at 9dpo... Let's see...

I've been doing exactly the same today, I'm 5 plus 3 and had a scan which looked around 4 weeks with a tiny sac, the sonographer was nice saying all was OK and I might be out with my dates but I'm not, i got a pos at 11dpo so must of implanted around 8/9 dpo when my cramps stopped, theres no way im only 4 weeks, after 5 weeks the yolk sac should be visible, I've been desperately googling too. Hope you're OK xxxxxx

I've been doing exactly the same today, I'm 5 plus 3 and had a scan which looked around 4 weeks with a tiny sac, the sonographer was nice saying all was OK and I might be out with my dates but I'm not, i got a pos at 11dpo so must of implanted around 8/9 dpo when my cramps stopped, theres no way im only 4 weeks, after 5 weeks the yolk sac should be visible, I've been desperately googling too. Hope you're OK xxxxxx

Thank you, oasis, I'm not really, but I bet you're the same. Thank you for asking anyway! And I'm so sorry your scan didn't show great results... I hope your bean plays catch up and sticks around. Massive hugs to you xxxxxx

Thanks hunni, the scan showed a sac around 4 weeks when I'm 5 plus 3 but she did say I could be out with dates, I don't think I am though but anything is possible, no I'm not OK either really but we have to keep hoping:) I get another scan in two weeks, everything crossed for us xxx

I just realised I repeated myself there just goes to shows my head is all over ATM! Xx

I tortured myself all last week doing the same thing convinced bean was gone. Only after bloods did I relax. You can't go by test progression. I learnt the hard way x

I tortured myself all last week doing the same thing convinced bean was gone. Only after bloods did I relax. You can't go by test progression. I learnt the hard way x

OMG so everything is ok???? YAY :dance: That is so exciting!

Allforthegirl first beta taken in Friday was 1809 and Mondays was 5591 so doctor was very pleased.

Any news on the second blood test?

Results should be in today... If they're anything like last one's, they'll be in at around four and doctor should call me around 6:30... It's only 7:15am right now, it's going to be such a long day... I'm holding on to a bit of hope even though my first result was so bad....

Can't wait for your results. Praying for good news x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->