Please help, Hpt progression not great - am I losing my rainbow?

Hoping girl 2

Reaction score
Ladies please help, I'm freaking out. I'm four weeks pregnant today. Have been trying to monitor progression because I'm so scared of losing another baby after my mc at 10 weeks in sept. My bfp were very faint so decided to keep testing til af was due (today) to reassure me. Tests showed good progression the first couple of days and then it was harder to see... Had to wait until test was fully dry (as in an hour) before I would get as dark as the previous day's one. I tried not worrying too much about it as I figured the tests I was comparing with were also fully dry so I put it down to that. And then also decided to start testing every two days. Well, today I tested with another frer (pic in comments) and that one seems to be just about as dark if not a tad lighter than the one from two days before so I panicked and did another SuperDrug one (the one showing in the first photo) and that one seems a bit lighter too but I know that when it finishes drying it will probably be just about as dark as the one before but certainly not darker. Is this a chemical? Am I losing my baby? Please help frown emoticon

Attachments

• 15875_10152965086125901_4372335993175667653_n.jpg
    15875_10152965086125901_4372335993175667653_n.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 124
My frers... 12dpo and 14 do :(

Attachments

• 10445520_10152965086665901_5897375377674211552_n.jpg
    10445520_10152965086665901_5897375377674211552_n.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 89
I have bloods today and on Wednesday, but want to know what you guys think... shall I be hopeful still or realistically expecting to see decreasing hormone levels on blood test? thanks...

I honestly wouldn't go by tests to judge hcg levels Hun. I know how hard it is after losses. I have done the same and panicked liked you, but the only real way to know your levels are increasing is by having repeat bloods done. Too many factors can influence tests, urine concentration etc. My tests didn't really get really dark untill 6 weeks and weren't really showing much progression but when I had bloods done they were fine and now I'm almost 9 weeks and saw my little jellybeans heartbeat last week. As hard it is I'd say it's best you probably just try and stay calm and wait for your bloods to be done. I'm sure everything is fine :)

It could just be your urine was more diluted today, progression looks ok to me. Fingers crossed for you

Thank you ladies, you're making me feel better. First blood test done, repeat on Wednesday, I'm hoping at shows a healthy, sticky baby :)

:hugs:. I wouldn't give up hope, your urine could have been more diluted which could give a lighter line. Plus your still so early on, lots of people don't even get a positive yet so the fact you have is a good sign until proven otherwise. Good luck at your blood tests, rooting for you :hugs:

Thank you... But if a silly question... Could urine be more diluted even if it was fmu? I always go to bed at 11 and all tests have been take around 6:30am... No waking up at night to wee or anything. I have drink more water during the day both yesterday and the day before but I didn't think that would affect my fmu as I assumed the water would have been out of my system...

For me...my two chemicals I had my lines started to get darker and then stopped and started to lighten. (First one was 4 1/2 weeks the other was 5 1/2 weeks but new at 4 1/2 weeks). I'm hoping you may just be one this go around that your pee doesn't bring in HCG that well. Some women their pee never gets much HCG but have plenty in their blood. Just wait on the blood tests and see what happens. I wish the best of luck for you. Today you are pregnant.

I wouldn't put too much weight in HPT progression. As other posters said, it could have been due to the dilution of your urine (even if FMU, it can still be different concentration... it's looking for hormones after all, and those fluctuate a LOT... our bodies are not machines so each day's urine output is not exactly the same).

FX for good news from your HCG results! But keep in mind HCG can fluctuate a lot, too. I went through a big scare at 5-6 weeks and based on my HCG progression and some spotting, the doctors thought we might be losing our baby. But everything turned out to be fine, and 3 ultrasounds later baby is growing right on schedule with a strong heartbeat!

Ultrasounds are a much better indication of how your baby is doing than HPT or HCG results.

I wouldn't put much stock in or stress over hpt lines. There are just too many variables to account for.

I hope your HCG bloodwork gives you a lot more reassurance!

Thank you... I feel so sad and I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard. Doesn't help that with DS I got a blazing positive at 11dpo and my digital said 2-3 weeks at 14 dpo. My second pregnancy which ended in mc was surprise so I didn't know how many dpo it was but I got a faint line and that got darker and darker and the i mc at 10 weeks. This one seemed to be going in the right direction, and now it's stopped :( I hope my bloods prove me wrong...

I think the lines look fine :)

With DD, I didn't get a noticeably darker line until 18 DPO. Also, even with fmu, there could be difference concentrations. You won't always get the same amount of hormone in your urine.

Good luck with your bloods today and Wednesday :hugs:

I think the lines look fine :)

With DD, I didn't get a noticeably darker line until 18 DPO. Also, even with fmu, there could be difference concentrations. You won't always get the same amount of hormone in your urine.

Good luck with your bloods today and Wednesday :hugs:

Thank you! Makes me feel better to hear some success stories... Such a horrible waiting game...

I'm going through exactly the same thing, I think your tests are Superdrug same as mine? I had really good progression until 20 dpo when they started to lighten, I've stopped testing now cause its just too worrying (I've had 4 mc in 3 years) I've got a scan on Wednesday when I'll be 5 weeks plus 3 so will let you know what they say. I thought id keep testing until it went as dark as the control but instead it got lighter but unlike my two cp the line is still there just no darker! It is worrying, oh for the days when I only did one pregnancy test! Xxx

I'm going through exactly the same thing, I think your tests are Superdrug same as mine? I had really good progression until 20 dpo when they started to lighten, I've stopped testing now cause its just too worrying (I've had 4 mc in 3 years) I've got a scan on Wednesday when I'll be 5 weeks plus 3 so will let you know what they say. I thought id keep testing until it went as dark as the control but instead it got lighter but unlike my two cp the line is still there just no darker! It is worrying, oh for the days when I only did one pregnancy test! Xxx

Yes, they're SuperDrug too... I got three tests (not shown on picture) that had really faint lines but they also had considerably lighter control lines, and when I checked, I realised they all had the same lot number, so I think that was a dodgy lot. Luckily, I collect per in a cup rather than wee on the stick so I could take another test with same sample urine. I wasn't too worried about those due to the different control line, but with today's one the control line is as dark, and the frer is also as dark in the control line.

I hope your scan reassures you... I know that sometimes tests start going lighter when you get a certain level of hcg so fingers crossed that's what you've got... Keep me updated! Xx

Oh I'm so pleased that's great news!! Its funny you should say that cause my 20dpo test the control line was much lighter than the others and the other one in the pack was the same so maybe they were dodgy? I hope so. I haven't tested with Superdrug ones since I've used a 25miu whereas the Superdrug are 10 so I'm hoping all is OK. Thank you I hope my scan goes well but not expecting to see too much this early:) lots of luck to you xxxx

Just to add this, in which I witnessed myself, my bf took a pregnancy test at 7 months to put in her baby book for a keepsake BC the original one got lost and it came out negative! She was obviously pregnant and you could feel her little girl move and it said she was not pregnant. Everything was fine. My point is hpt's can be highly innacurate my test at 9 weeks was darker than the one I took at 12 weeks. I would not invest too much emotions into hpt progression. Trust your blood test . good luck gun. Everything is probably fine and those tests are probably only causing stress. I mean its a hpt I highly doubt that they even put the same exact amount of dye in the tests even in the same lot.

My FMU was always crap my evening urine was better I also did loads & loads of tests and some were lighter than a day or two before I panicked but it was just differeng times and diluted urine with me, the hcg miu in my bloods increased lovely over 48 - 72 hours I'd wait till your bloods come back hun I know it's easier said than done good luck xx

Thank you everyone, I'll just have to wait and see what happens... It's going to be such a long week!! :( :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->