Plus-Size Pregnancy

Looks like my thread died. LOL. How is everyone doing? I've got my appointments tomorrow. =)

Keslinger that's great! How are you feeling now, by the way?

I have my next appointment on 11/3, pretty excited to hear the heartbeat :) going to search around for places that do private gender scans so that I can potentially find out a few weeks before Christmas, because I don't know if my Dr will book a scan before the new year after this next one.

I'm doing great. My skin looks good, no morning sickness. It makes me question the pregnancy sometimes. But the sore, slightly swollen boobs are a dead giveaway. LOL I can't find any place around me that does early gender scans... I'll be 16 weeks the week before Christmas. That would be exciting! Haha. How are you doing? I know you were worried about showing and what not already... embrace the pregnancy. I won't look pregnant for a long time with my B Belly!

doing ok :) been bouncing over to the 2nd trimester forum because YAY i've graduated lol I was about to ask if anyone else besides me has been over there yet? I keep seeing all these bumps and i look at my expanding waistline and feel like a whale >.< We will need a plus size thread over there. I feel a bit.. I dont know weird about the possibility of showing off a bump when everyone I see over there is a size 4 pre pregnancy:wacko:
I have my 15w 3 day appt on Nov 8th ( maybe juuust maybe i'll find out the sex as my doc said he can usually tell at that point) and then my 2nd blood draw for my NT screening on Nov 12 ( will be a long 4 weeks waiting to find out the results of this NT business)
So how is everyone?:baby:

Congrats on the graudating to the 2nd trimester. I have 4+ weeks to go. This thread started out as First Trimester with due dates in a certain time period but quickly expanded to be more than that. Us bigger girls need to stick together. You're more than welcome to come back here at any time. Share your pregnancy with us!!! I love to hear it all as I'm only a couple months in. =) It sucks when your appointment is SO far away. LOL. I know it's right around the corner but some times it feels like AGES away. I felt like that a couple weeks ago and now I'm anxious for everything tomorrow. Moment of truth.

Hello ladies!

I am a sz 26 and weighed 298 lbs when I got my BFP....down from my high of 347 lbs. I was doing WW online and TTC at the same time. I am 37 and this is my 5th pregnancy....1 was a blighted ovum and the others gave me 3 healthy boys! I was so surprised that I got my BFP on Sept. 26th......after the 1st cycle that we tried to get pregnant. My 3rd son took years to get preggo with. I guess it was just time.
Anyhow, my doctor said that I could continue WW just adding 300 extra calories so that I don't gain as much weight with this baby as my others....but after some stressful early scans and overall blah feelings....I'm WAY OFF TRACK!!!! Now I have a sinus cold and feel terrible but I'm 8 weeks and 3 days today....so I feel good about that. I've been having brown spotting off and on for a couple of weeks. Generally occurs after BD, Vaginal U/S, BM but has occurred for no apparent reason as well. It does make me nervous but each day I feel more confident. I'm excited to join this group and hope a H & H 9 months to each of you!!!!

Oh yeah and I'm due on June 3, 2012

Hey ladies, has anyonee ever been giving a diet control way of losing weight well pregnant, by their doctor? Before I found out I was pregnant I had joined a weightloss club, however, I didn't lose what I had hoped before falling pregnant. I know I'm going to gain, that's life whatever. Just wondering if its possiblle to loose safetly?

My doctor told me that I could continue to follow Weight Watchers Online but that I needed to add 300 calories a day to my points total. However, WW themselves will kick you out once they know you're pregnant....cause that happened to me with my 3rd pregnancy! Anyhow, hope that helps!!!!

Hey ladies, has anyonee ever been giving a diet control way of losing weight well pregnant, by their doctor? Before I found out I was pregnant I had joined a weightloss club, however, I didn't lose what I had hoped before falling pregnant. I know I'm going to gain, that's life whatever. Just wondering if its possiblle to loose safetly?

My doctor told me that I could continue to follow Weight Watchers Online but that I needed to add 300 calories a day to my points total. However, WW themselves will kick you out once they know you're pregnant....cause that happened to me with my 3rd pregnancy! Anyhow, hope that helps!!!!

The WW plan plus 300 calories sounds like the WW Breast Feeding plan. I'll be given nutritional information and what not after my first appointment and the insurance I have signs you up for a few different prenatal classes.

Hello ladies!

I am a sz 26 and weighed 298 lbs when I got my BFP....down from my high of 347 lbs. I was doing WW online and TTC at the same time. I am 37 and this is my 5th pregnancy....1 was a blighted ovum and the others gave me 3 healthy boys! I was so surprised that I got my BFP on Sept. 26th......after the 1st cycle that we tried to get pregnant. My 3rd son took years to get preggo with. I guess it was just time.
Anyhow, my doctor said that I could continue WW just adding 300 extra calories so that I don't gain as much weight with this baby as my others....but after some stressful early scans and overall blah feelings....I'm WAY OFF TRACK!!!! Now I have a sinus cold and feel terrible but I'm 8 weeks and 3 days today....so I feel good about that. I've been having brown spotting off and on for a couple of weeks. Generally occurs after BD, Vaginal U/S, BM but has occurred for no apparent reason as well. It does make me nervous but each day I feel more confident. I'm excited to join this group and hope a H & H 9 months to each of you!!!!

Oh yeah and I'm due on June 3, 2012

I've had spotting off and on since ovulation (9/15). My doctor has told me not to worry about it unless bleeding is accompanied by cramping, can soak a pad, or you're passing clots. I've had pink, brown and red spotting. I've had days of it, no days of it, tinged CM, everything. Tomorrow will be the moment of truth when we get to see little bean on ultrasound tomorrow. :happydance:

Keslinger, I'm glad you're doing well, specifically I was wondering if you got the infection taken care of on your own or not. I am sort of starting to show, I mean I know personally that I am sticking out more although I think everyone else thinks I'm still getting fat LOL

I took the antibiotics for a couple of days and then started flushing everything out with water like crazy. I'm not too worried about it right now (I have to pee in a cup tomorrow)... I'll find out if there's something there or not with my labs coming up. I feel good, I'm just tired (and pregnant, lol). As far as peeing goes, some days I go all the time, and some nights I get up 3 times, but a majority of the time I'm somewhere between there and "normal"...

hi all im 21 and got my bfp yeaterday so im due around 09/07/2012 im a size 16-18 pre pregnancy xxxx

I'm doing pretty well too when I get a regular nap in. I started my last bit of college this week and its been so hard when I was tired enough as it is. But I only have 2 classes left so I know it is close to being over!!

Hi all :wave:
I'm 21 and got my :bfp: yesterday! :cloud9::cloud9::happydance:
I'm a size US 18 currently and weigh 240. :blush::blush:

Hi all, I havent been around much because I really dont have much to report. I know its likely a blessing but I get a little concerned that I feel " too okay" I wonder if everything is alright inside. Guess I have to relax and trust nature.
I have been really worried that I wont be able to find pregnancy clothing to fit me ( I am about a size 20) I went into a maternity store and there was this teeny tiny girl who was complaining that she looked like a fat cow. I wanted to strangle her with her bella band, hormones much? I looked at Old Navy stuff online and a lot of it is decent and it comes in larger sizes. Problem is living in Canada the shipping and duty charges are insane and if something does not fit its expensive to send it back too...Am I the only one who wonders where the heck they are going to find preg clothes?

The WW plan plus 300 calories sounds like the WW Breast Feeding plan. I'll be given nutritional information and what not after my first appointment and the insurance I have signs you up for a few different prenatal classes.

I'm sure it would be similar but 300 calories would be less than what you get with nursing. Although, I figured following the nursing plan would be a safe way to go as well!!! That's awesome that your insurance signs you up for prenatal classes! I'm taking water fitness class and sometimes Zumba...but sort of phasing zumba out at this point....because it just makes me nervous to be bouncing all around! Crazy! I'm more nervous with my 4th than I ever was with my 1st!!!!

Did anyone else feel like they were going to be a "lucky one" and not get the MS? I did!! I kept telling my sister (who suffered horribly with both children) 'oh nooo, I'm just fine! No morning sickness at all, I probably won't get any!'. I spoke waaaaay too soon. I spent 10 minutes dry heaving in the shower this morning! I've been feeling yucky for a week, but for the most part I've been able to keep the vomiting at bay. The good news is, I felt incredibly better afterward (for at least an hour). Anyway, just thought I'd share. :)

I had my first U/S and bloods last week and they're having me go back next week for another U/S. This is probably the only time in my life I won't dread going to the doctor's office! :)

Kendra -- wow, you're doing classes?? That's impressive! I was thinking working full time is hard, but I think taking classes right now would be much harder -- to pay attention, do homework, stay awake etc... You rock!!

Monkey -- Oddly enough, I wondered the same thing yesterday and started looking around on Amazon and found A TON of stuff. I believe Motherhood has a decent plus size section (though perhaps not in their physical stores), so you may want to see if it's cheaper to get things on Amazon and ship internationally that way.

KEs -- good luck at your appointment today! I was soooo nervous before mine last week!

Mommy -- I've been wondering about the water fitness classes! I love being in the water and I think it's really so much gentler on your body than "land" cardio. How often do you go and do you really work up a sweat? I don't wanna pay the extra money for a class if I'm just gonna sit there, look pretty, and float, ya know? :)

I'm doing pretty well too when I get a regular nap in. I started my last bit of college this week and its been so hard when I was tired enough as it is. But I only have 2 classes left so I know it is close to being over!!

I can so relate with the being tired and having to deal with classes lol I have 5 this semester and between having had to fight through the non stop sleepies and now just afternoon sleepies its been tough. I finally broke down and told a few of my professors when one of them embarrassed me in class with a loud comment of " do i bore you that badly".. I just about cried! He felt like an idiot when I told him after class that no he doesn't bore me and that I was pregnant and just tired lol

I can so relate with the being tired and having to deal with classes lol I have 5 this semester and between having had to fight through the non stop sleepies and now just afternoon sleepies its been tough. I finally broke down and told a few of my professors when one of them embarrassed me in class with a loud comment of " do i bore you that badly".. I just about cried! He felt like an idiot when I told him after class that no he doesn't bore me and that I was pregnant and just tired lol

Holy cow...5 classes!? Yep I'm sure that prof felt like an idiot after you told him!! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->