Plus-Size Pregnancy

Well, looks like you guys were right! I had done a urine dip stick at work and saw that there was trace protein, moderate leukocytes, trace proteins and small blood. I just logged into my medical stuff and the results are already posted from my UA this afternoon... With large leukocytes, small blood and trace proteins (AKA UTI!). My doctor is out for the evening so I should get an email tomorrow about the antibiotics. Fingers crossed that it resolves this long time spotting, too! Have a good night ladies!!!

I hope the antibiotics clears up the spotting for you :) My UTI was roughly the same time ( around 6 weeks) and the spotting was the only symptom I had

My doctor hasn't replied yet so I don't even have antibiotics yet. I wish I knew what they'd prescribe because I could easily start the course with antibiotics from my work. :wacko: I've always had weird spotting in my cycles, and I've had spotting since about 4dpo (I haven't spotted since after we DTD the other night *knock on wood*), so not sure if that's why or not but it'd be awesome if that was the reason and the antibiotics would just clear it up!

I'm irritable and have sore boobs off and on. But, when did everyones morning sickness kick in? I'm still waiting for it to set in. I had days of not being hungry/food aversions but not vomiting or anything. Anyone else out there not get morning sickness? Everyone says you get it because you have strong pregnancy hormones, but I don't have it so I don't know if I should be worried or happy that I don't have it.

I didnt get ms with any of my others
But with this one *nibbles cracker* It started around 6 weeks
You may get to be one of the lucky ones with out!

Honestly I haven't had any real " morning sickness" at all. Just maybe once or twice a day a little nausea that passes pretty quickly. However I cannot even be in the same house if ground beef or pork is being cooked. The smell of it is enough to make me gag, nor have I been able to eat a bite of it. With the 2 pregnancy's where I mc'd I couldn't stop throwing up. All day long everyday till I lost them. This time around except for food aversions and omg growing boobs I'd swear I wasn't even pregnant..well ok the 5 trips to the potty overnight and that my pants don't fit are a give away lol:haha::haha:

Ack!! I am so excited!!!!! Guess what I just did?!? I booked a private gender scan!! For Dec. 3rd!! That is only 6wks from now! The place I am getting it done at 100% guarentees at 14wks!! Plus they are also doing 3D for part of the session! And get this! It was only $75! I get a photo cd and a dvd of the session! It feels so good to have something to look forward to at the end of 1st tri!

Well, looks like you guys were right! I had done a urine dip stick at work and saw that there was trace protein, moderate leukocytes, trace proteins and small blood. I just logged into my medical stuff and the results are already posted from my UA this afternoon... With large leukocytes, small blood and trace proteins (AKA UTI!). My doctor is out for the evening so I should get an email tomorrow about the antibiotics. Fingers crossed that it resolves this long time spotting, too! Have a good night ladies!!!

I hope the antibiotics clears up the spotting for you :) My UTI was roughly the same time ( around 6 weeks) and the spotting was the only symptom I had

My doctor hasn't replied yet so I don't even have antibiotics yet. I wish I knew what they'd prescribe because I could easily start the course with antibiotics from my work. :wacko: I've always had weird spotting in my cycles, and I've had spotting since about 4dpo (I haven't spotted since after we DTD the other night *knock on wood*), so not sure if that's why or not but it'd be awesome if that was the reason and the antibiotics would just clear it up!

I'm irritable and have sore boobs off and on. But, when did everyones morning sickness kick in? I'm still waiting for it to set in. I had days of not being hungry/food aversions but not vomiting or anything. Anyone else out there not get morning sickness? Everyone says you get it because you have strong pregnancy hormones, but I don't have it so I don't know if I should be worried or happy that I don't have it.

I didnt get ms with any of my others
But with this one *nibbles cracker* It started around 6 weeks
You may get to be one of the lucky ones with out!

Honestly I haven't had any real " morning sickness" at all. Just maybe once or twice a day a little nausea that passes pretty quickly. However I cannot even be in the same house if ground beef or pork is being cooked. The smell of it is enough to make me gag, nor have I been able to eat a bite of it. With the 2 pregnancy's where I mc'd I couldn't stop throwing up. All day long everyday till I lost them. This time around except for food aversions and omg growing boobs I'd swear I wasn't even pregnant..well ok the 5 trips to the potty overnight and that my pants don't fit are a give away lol:haha::haha:

My pants seem to be getting a touch tight already I havent gained any weight maybe its because this isnt my first baby :shrug:
But the aversion stuff
thats MS too
even if you dont even throw up its still considered MS
whats funny is that I can eat again right after throwing up :blush:

Ack!! I am so excited!!!!! Guess what I just did?!? I booked a private gender scan!! For Dec. 3rd!! That is only 6wks from now! The place I am getting it done at 100% guarentees at 14wks!! Plus they are also doing 3D for part of the session! And get this! It was only $75! I get a photo cd and a dvd of the session! It feels so good to have something to look forward to at the end of 1st tri!

whoo hooo sounds like fun!!!
I would love to get a 3d ultrasound!!!

Can I join you ladies? I'm not techincally plus size (size 10 US) but I'm deff not petite either lol. I'm not even 4 weeks pregnant but I'm concerned about how much weight I will gain. I've had three babies, my first one I gained 56lbs, 2nd one about 45lbs, and my 3rd pregnancy I gained 42lbs. I'm about 180lbs now (my pre-pregnancy weight with my third was 160lbs) and I'm hoping I don't gain 40+ pounds! I tend to retain like 20+lbs of the pregnancy weight and have to work it off. How do you all keep your weight at a healthly level for pregnancy? I might have to *gasp* exercise! Lol

So annoyed... Even though the dipstick showed WBCs and RBCs and trace protein they said the culture was contaminant. No antibiotics so now I have to try and flush it out at home. Not amused. Id treat myself if I knew what to take. :(

Can I please join in? I am 32 and a size 20 and this is my first pregnancy. It was a looooong road to finally get a BFP. I am super excited.

Although, I wasn't checking my BBT, I know when I am ovulating by the twinges that I get in my ovaries. Each month it switches and as soon as I felt, :sex: :sex: and more :sex: ... LOL ! Anyway, I think I may be a little bit more than what they say also. My nausea kicked in about a week and a half ago and hasn't let up at all. I have tried everything that I could think of. Ginger ale, dry crackers, getting up slow, getting extra rest, peppermints, strong chewing gum, salt and vinegar potato chips and the doctor even recommended EMETROL. I used all of these and none of them worked more than the time they were in my mouth. This MS has been so bad that they want me to come in early and my apptmnt wasn't scheduled until the 27th of October. I pray that you are one of the lucky ones and don't get hit with bug. :thumbup:

OH MAN that sounds awful!! I really hope it lets up for you soon, or perhaps they have something prescription strength that will do the trick. Good luck!

WOOHOO that is totally awesome! I didn't even know you could do that -- I guess you can do anything you want for the right price, huh? Although $75 really isn't bad at all! That is definitely something to look forward to! How cool!! How did you go about booking the private scan? Is it from the same provider you currently go to, and they're just going to bill you instead of your insurance or is it a separate clini or something? My curiousity is piqued now!

WOOHOO that is totally awesome! I didn't even know you could do that -- I guess you can do anything you want for the right price, huh? Although $75 really isn't bad at all! That is definitely something to look forward to! How cool!! How did you go about booking the private scan? Is it from the same provider you currently go to, and they're just going to bill you instead of your insurance or is it a separate clini or something? My curiousity is piqued now!

No, all I did was Google Ultasound and the area I live in. There are about 8 different places that do 3d/4d ultrasounds here. Most are set up like a spa and some even offer packages with mommy massage. The one I am going to allows you to bring up to 10 family members and they have a bed you lay on and couches for your family to watch on a giant LCD HDTV on the wall. Most places are like this. You should check and see what is available in your area!

I've been lurking on this thread and I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 27 and this is my first. I'm due 10th June according to my doctor, but I know I'm actually a week earlier than that since I track my ovulation. I didn't ovulate until 22/23 Sept.

I'm a US size 14/16 and I was so excited until the nutritionist showed me my BMI. I've already gained 10 lbs but my clothes are all looser except at my chest and my bras-I'm busting out of those completely! We haven't told anyone and I'm pretty sure ill be able to hide it because of my size.

I just love this thread and I'm so glad that I'm not the only one. :)

Hello! :flower:

I am US size 20 and exactly 9 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child! I am due May 15th, 2012!:happydance:

Hi everyone

I'm 31 and a size UK 18, expecting my second baby on 20th May

Have gestational diabetes again with this pregnancy, still taking Metformin as I have PCOS and now starting to take insulin to control the blood sugars

Hey ladies... I'm having a tough time right now I feel like crap and haven't really been able to keep anything down :( It hasn't been this bad before and I hate it! ugh... On the plus side people say I look like I'm losing weight! However, my pants are tighter than ever!! I can't even button them!

Hi everyone

I'm 31 and a size UK 18, expecting my second baby on 20th May

Have gestational diabetes again with this pregnancy, still taking Metformin as I have PCOS and now starting to take insulin to control the blood sugars

We sound a lot a like! I have Type 2 diabetes and am having to take insulin to control it as well. It is a real pain having to constantly test and record my results, but well worth it if everything turns out right! FXed for both of us!

Ugh, super back pain. Big BB's means sore back... and I was a DD before getting preg :(

Whats new ladies? I know its not advised (& dont yell at me!) But I started myself on antibiotics... Ampicillin 500mg 4x day. I feel so much better and my dipsticks have already improved. I didnt get up at 11, 2 & 5 to pee just 3 am. I feel bad for doing it but I I think its better that way me and bean. Another long day for me today and then I am off tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->