Plus-Size Pregnancy

Feeling really down in the dumps today, especially since most of my jeans are officially not fitting anymore. Since I have no butt and a lot of belly I have to find pants that I can belt up around my belly, and now that belly is growing- this is very hard. I bought a belly band but I got an XL and its not tight enough to keep my pants up :( very stressed, was going to try to look all cute for a costume party tonight and gave up because I looked like a whale in everything.. so depressed :(

I resemble the irritating belly band.. I bought one from motherhood in " plus" size and although it works for alittle bit after about 2 hours on my pants are sliding. For the time being at home i'm being a bum and lounging in jammy pants and when i go out I suffer with the belly band. I just really dont want to spend 50+ a piece on a pair of maternity pants.

Hey Ladies!

How's everyone doing?

I've managed to pick up a cold or am just having symptoms from the flu shot they stabbed me with at my last appointment.

My next appointment is in a week. It'll be with a Nurse/Midwife. After this next appointment I go to my regular ob/gyn. At this visit we'll review my labs (including the Cystic Fibrosis testing), go over medical history, review my immunizations, discuss breastfeeding, do physical/pelvic exams (I won't need a pap since I just had one done), an early ultrasound, and then decide on and start screening...

I think we've decided on doing the Full Integrated Screening. We don't want any invasive screening, but we'd love to be prepared if there's some sort of special need. So, no CVS or Amnio. My friend did the Serum Integrated Screening. Even if something were to come up on the screening we wouldn't do anything invasive, as we'd keep the baby no matter what. If all goes as planned my next appointment (after 10 weeks) will be between 15-18 weeks. They gave me a printout at when appointments are planned for and what happens at each appointment.

What screening (if any) have you girls decided on?

I called member services for my insurance to be sure that the NT u/s and the prenatal screening would be covered, looks like The California Prenatal Screen Program is covered, so we won't get billed for it. AND, the specialty ultrasound (Nuchal Translucency) is covered, just a 10$ copay and lab fees. Looks like we'll go for that.

I had spoken with a nutritionist and will follow up as well through all my classes and appointments, but I was warned that breastfeeding with PCOS can be difficult as it can impede greatly on your milk supply as well. They told me that because I was able to conceive naturally and that because my breasts are already enlarged that it's a good sign they're doing what they're supposed to, but we'll have to see about the milk supply in the future. The lady told me that all babies lose some weight after they're born, more so when they're exclusively breastfed, but if the baby loses more than 10% of it's weight they'll have you supplement with formula. I'll be looking into breast pumps as well. I know Medela is strongly recommended, however, my friend who is a Doula in another state recommends Medela and Ameda Purely Yours. I kinda like the idea of the Ameda better. It's a closed circuit unit, which means no impurities from the air are being pumped into your breast milk. Having a dog and 2 cats, I would totally worry about any pet dander and what not being pumped into it.

My insurance covers a bunch of prenatal classes that I should (but don't have to) take. I have my Early Pregnancy Class on the 17th, then theyll sign me up for Mid & Late pregnancy classes, breastfeeding, the hospital prenatal tour, childbirth prep (that one is the only one that will cost us), Newborn care class, and Anesthesia for Labor and Delivery.

My insurance won't let you do a water birth, they'll let you labor in the tub if you're planning on an unmedicated birth. This was the route I wanted to go, along with Hypnobabies... However, I've since decided that I want to be comfortable and not try to be a hero. I want a light(walking) epidural and the hypnobabies course. LOL This could change though...

id like to join...im a size 16-18 ... im 4'11 and weigh 195...im due 7/1/12 ..i actually just found out im pregnant 2 days ago..lol..this is baby number 2 for me :D

hello everyone can I join? I'm a uk size 16 and pregnant with no2 no idea how much I weigh as scales make me sad lol :flower:

welcome ladies! everyone is welcome here. Don't be afraid to stick around and update even after the frist trimester. I'll be out of the first trimester in early December... I can't wait. Although baby graduating to a fetus is a great milestone as well. =)

I'm out of first tri in a few days! I was going to do NT but the way the dates fell there was no way I was going to be able to get out for work to do the scan so I just passed on it. I have been getting regular ultrasounds so I've been very blessed to see my baby several times already- I figure if my baby has a chromosomal issue or whatever I would rather not know so early and then be stressed out my whole pregnancy.

Did or do ay of you use anything for belly support? I am only 10+4 and my belly already feels so heavy and is making my lower back hurt. I am wanting to find something that will lift up my lower belly (apron) and give me support for my back at the same time, but that is also comfy! lol! I know, tall order!

Brandy, this is my first pregnancy so I don't have first hand experience, but a lot of girls I know who were bigger used maternity pants that have the full panel in conjunction with the belly band.

So far I haven't gained any weight, I'm down about 2 pounds this week from the week prior. Compared to prepregnancy, I'm down about 8. No real bloating. I thought my spotting had gone away but it came back. =\ Oh well. My next appointment/ultrasound is Friday. Fingers crossed. I've been super sick so I'm home today sipping some non-caffeinated tea. I HATE TEA!!! So, I drink the Cinnamon Apple Spice tea, with half water, half light apple juice. LOL, it makes it so much better, tastes like apple cider. It's not the best, I know, but it makes it so much easier to drink! At this appointment we'll be starting our Full Integrated Screening. Which means I should see Bean again in a few weeks on another ultrasound (around 12 weeks), then again around 14 weeks for an early gender scan!!! YAY! After that I go back between 15 and 18 weeks for another blood draw and check. Can't wait to see bean again!

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! I hope everyone is doing all right. :)

Hello ladies.....just wanted to say a quick hello & goodbye. Had another ultrasound on Friday and there was no heartbeat and no development from the last ultrasound 2 weeks prior. So they sent me home and told me to wait for my body to miscarry.

Anyway, totally don't want to be a downer here, but I didn't want you to think I'd abandoned you ladies :) I truly and sincerely hope all of you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. This is such an exciting and beautiful time and I hope each of you are able to enjoy it to the fullest and revel in the joy and privilege of creating life (i.e. for those morning sickness sufferers, I hope you stop barfing and start glowing! :)

I am so, so sorry to hear that. There are no words right now that will calm or soothe you, so I won't even try. I speak from experience. :(
The miscarriage support forum here is wonderful, whether you just feel like browsing or have a million questions.
The only thing I will suggest is to see if you can opt for a d&c. It doesn't make it any less emotionally painful, but it does ensure you will be in little to no physical discomfort.
My heart goes out to you. :(

Hello ladies.....just wanted to say a quick hello & goodbye. Had another ultrasound on Friday and there was no heartbeat and no development from the last ultrasound 2 weeks prior. So they sent me home and told me to wait for my body to miscarry.

Anyway, totally don't want to be a downer here, but I didn't want you to think I'd abandoned you ladies :) I truly and sincerely hope all of you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. This is such an exciting and beautiful time and I hope each of you are able to enjoy it to the fullest and revel in the joy and privilege of creating life (i.e. for those morning sickness sufferers, I hope you stop barfing and start glowing! :)

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know nothing can make you feel better, not at all. :hugs: You're in my thoughts. I wish you the best, and when the time is right, join us. You're welcome to write or e-mail whenever. :hugs: Take care, hun!

O wow! I am sooooooo sorry to hear of this news! My prayers are with you, Love! Don't be a stranger and in due time, you will have your little bean. Remain strong. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Heya im 20 and a size 18-20 uk size EDD 05/07/2012. So worried about How big my boobs are going to get im a 38GG now my dads partner brought me a bra and knicker set for xmas and is now going to have to return it *sob*. Really hoping i get an actual bump and not just look fatter lol! What happened to you ladies that have already has kids before? sorry i havn't read the whole thread just skimmed as was dieing to post lol

I hate hearing about m/c's, I am so so sorry sweetie, I can't imagine what you would be going through!!!!

Halfthyme, I'm here for you! I had a miscarriage in August. I've been ttc ever since. I have my AF right now. CD1. I'm here if you need anything. The ttcal forum is great. So many wonderful girls. I am plus sized too!

I'm sorry for your loss too, babydust818. I'm definitely thankful to be pregnant again....it shone some light into our lives, and lifted the darkness that the miscarriage left. Ella will never be forgotten nor replaced, but what they say about a rainbow is true....it doesn't make it seem like the storm was never there, but it offers you new hope.
I hope you can get your BFP soon.
I still get a little sad.....especially now that everyone who's due in February is really starting to pop, and, working with the public, I get to see them all. But it's bittersweet........if that makes sense.

Sorry things have gone wrong for some of us. :( But whenever it seems that things cannot get any darker, that light WILL shine through for you.
I was also looking into becoming a foster mom, until I found out I was expecting again.

Can I join, I'm 27, 5'4" and about an 18 US.

I'm also 4 weeks pregnant! yay

Is anyone else a little afraid of what they're going to look like towards the end of their pregnancy? I've known so many people who were plus size pre-pregnancy, and during pregnancy, either they got horrible comments or questions, or nobody knew they were pregnant at all.
I've got that awful "B" shape to my front, and I don't know if it will shape out to look like a baby bump.

Is anyone else a little afraid of what they're going to look like towards the end of their pregnancy? I've known so many people who were plus size pre-pregnancy, and during pregnancy, either they got horrible comments or questions, or nobody knew they were pregnant at all.
I've got that awful "B" shape to my front, and I don't know if it will shape out to look like a baby bump.

I'm so scared that I won't look pregnant but instead will look like a house. I already have a big belly so I don't think ill show for a long time anyway, but when I do I kbiw it won't be that cute, round bump. I'm going to have a lumpy bump :( But I've heard that the belly bands help smooth those out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->