Plus-Size Pregnancy

I don't blame you- you work in the medical profession and there are ways to find out which antibiotics are safe. It would be more serious if the infection kept getting worse. I hope you feel better soon :)

Let's hope the attachments worked.. I had my 12 week NT scan today!! Neck measurement was 1.76, HB was 156 and little beany fell asleep half way through and no amount of poking or prodding or moving was waking it up lol Bean measured right on track 12 weeks 3 days.. I just finally got excited lol:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Attachments

• Bean1-3.jpg
    Bean1-3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Bean4-6.jpg
    Bean4-6.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 27
Kendra -- bummer about your back hurting! I saw some of your posts on another thread about some health issues you experienced (at least I'm pretty sure it was you), and it just sounds like you can't catch a break! I have always had back problems, but things are definitely getting interesting now that I'm pregnant! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

KE -- that's a shame your doc didn't give you a scrip for antibiotics, it's always kinda scary to self medicate! But, I do hope you feel better soon and things are cleared up.

As for me......I have my first appointment tomorrow with the midwife. (by the way -- has anyone in the US ever seen a midwife for prenatal care in lieu of an OB?) I'm officially nervous! I think I'm mentally trying to prepare myself to be poked, prodded and possibly lectured. Oh well...it'll all be worth it if I get to see the little one! I've had one MC before and it took us a long time to get pg this time around, so I am anxious to make sure everything is as it should be.

Happy hump day ladies!!

Jules -- wow LOVE the pics!!! Congrats!! Thanks for sharing!! (I just got excited for you, too!) :D

Poor little bean fell asleep with it's fist in the air like it was jamming to music lol even the ultrasound tech had to giggle :)

Hello, I was diagnosed with PCOS in May 2011 after 1 yr and a half TTC. I'm 5'7" tall, size 18-20 US. Took Clomid for the first time in late September, had IUI on October 5, and two days ago got my first BFN, blood test confirmed it yesterday. Already been worried about how big I may possibly get.

I don't blame you- you work in the medical profession and there are ways to find out which antibiotics are safe. It would be more serious if the infection kept getting worse. I hope you feel better soon :)

Thanks, I know it's wrong but it needed to be taken care of. I have a history of kidney stones and really didn't need to have this turn into a pregnancy-threatening infection. As of tomorrow... 1 week 'til my first ultrasound!:happydance:

Update of mine while I have chance to be on here :). Had a scan yesterday and been moved forward another 3 days from what was expected. :)

https://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd430/salamanderphoto/d562b6c2.jpg

Angharad, love the ultrasound pic!

This morning I had some tinged CM for my "spotting", so STUPID ME, I put a finger in to check. Now, I didn't feel me scratch myself but I did feel my finger push up against a wall. I totally made myself bleed. Like fresh, I just cut myself, blood. LOL, as expected it's already cleared up for the most part, just some residual. Haha. 7 more days until my ultrasound! Oh! and, 7 weeks today!

Another annoying thing for today:

Kaiser messed up booking my appointment. It was supposed to be a prenatal clerk appointment + ultrasound. I called to confirm that I'd have my ultrasound and the lady said that it hadn't been scheduled. She submitted a message to my doctor to try and get it done the same day. =(

It's kinda messed up 'cause OH went through hell to get the day off to go to the appointment.

awww, so sorry!

as for me, my bump is totally getting bigger. i feel huge. put on some maternity pants today and they actually make me look bigger :(

awww, so sorry!

as for me, my bump is totally getting bigger. i feel huge. put on some maternity pants today and they actually make me look bigger :(

On the bright side because I called so far in advance they were actually able to get me in for an ultrasound with a different doctor not too long after my prenatal clerk appointment! :happydance:

I'm so afraid that I'll never look pregnant, just, fatter. I have the "B" belly. Some days it looks like my fat is kinda changing shape and other days it looks pretty normal for me.

I think body image is a lot harder on us plus-size girls going through pregnancy. We either just look fatter than ever, or we do look pregnant but aren't content with the way we look. You're pregnant, be proud!

My problem is I had a potbelly before I was pregnant. I allllways got asked if I was pregnant when I wasn't. And I have no butt, so it makes my stomach look even bigger. That and I have big bb's so I just look like a pregnant woman. It sucks.

Thanks KEslinger. And oops. Glad the bleeding stopped. Bet you're super excited about your scan being so close :)

Hi everyone

I'm 31 and a size UK 18, expecting my second baby on 20th May

Have gestational diabetes again with this pregnancy, still taking Metformin as I have PCOS and now starting to take insulin to control the blood sugars

We sound a lot a like! I have Type 2 diabetes and am having to take insulin to control it as well. It is a real pain having to constantly test and record my results, but well worth it if everything turns out right! FXed for both of us!

Yeah, I'm fed up of testing my blood sugar now. My fingers look weird now with all the needle marks on them lol...but its all for a good thing so I'll just have to put up with it

Let's hope the attachments worked.. I had my 12 week NT scan today!! Neck measurement was 1.76, HB was 156 and little beany fell asleep half way through and no amount of poking or prodding or moving was waking it up lol Bean measured right on track 12 weeks 3 days.. I just finally got excited lol:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Awww congrats...I can't wait for my 12 week scan. I had a scan last week and it really hit me that I'm pregnant again. Its like I have to see it to believe it, even though I'm sick, my face is spotty again, my boobs hurt and I feel like crap

Hi everyone

I'm 31 and a size UK 18, expecting my second baby on 20th May

Have gestational diabetes again with this pregnancy, still taking Metformin as I have PCOS and now starting to take insulin to control the blood sugars

We sound a lot a like! I have Type 2 diabetes and am having to take insulin to control it as well. It is a real pain having to constantly test and record my results, but well worth it if everything turns out right! FXed for both of us!

Yeah, I'm fed up of testing my blood sugar now. My fingers look weird now with all the needle marks on them lol...but its all for a good thing so I'll just have to put up with it

Have you tried testing in your arm? It is so much better! Doesn't hurt at all. I would have already shot myself it I had to test in my fingers! LOl! I test about 7 times a day!

Hey ladies!! I had a good day! I have the angelsounds Doppler and I got to finally hear the baby today!! Other women have been hearing their babies since like 9-10 weeks with it an being a big girl I was getting discouraged that I couldn't but finally the little hb was 164 and my gummi bear was movin all over the place!! :)

Hi ladies,

Hope you are all doing well.

So had my booking in appt.. and OMG my weight has pilled on. I have went up 6 in my BMI and now as its over 40!!! yes 40!! I have to get the GTT-anyone had this? What does it involve?

On another note she never mentioned my weight - I did though but glad it wasnt a lecture! xx

yes iv had the GTT tests with my last 2 all u have to do is they take blood u drink some lucozade witch is yuk if u ask me then they wait for about an hr i think then do more bloods thats it good luck with it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->