Plus-Size Pregnancy

Hello all! Just wanted to introduce myself! I am pregnant with my 4th. I have three sons (7, 4 and 17 months) and I am 37 years old. I am determined not to gain a lot of weight this pregnancy. I typically gain 60 lbs! But I lose 40-50 in the first month. However I was still left with 10-20 lbs per pregnancy. So I find myself starting this pregnancy at 250. :( I am hoping by putting it out here that I (and maybe some of you) can help hold me accountable. Looking forward to getting to know you ladies~

Marisa

Hi ladies, i was wondering what kind of births your all planning on having?

I was at a show last night with my mother, and there was a huge girl...obviously fat on her own, but her belly was huge in comparison. I whispered to my mom that I'm afraid that'll be me, a case of "is she pregnant or just really fat?" My mom took it as a question and said, "oh no, she's just real big." Well...how do you know? I couldn't help but keep staring at her belly wondering.

I suppose a dead giveaway usually is if chick is rubbing her belly. Most fat women don't just go around rubbing their chub in public. ;)
A friend of mine who just looked huge was on the bus, 8.5 months pregnant, and not a soul offered her a seat. The baby was kicking and she starting rubbing her belly to soothe her, and an older woman, of all people, immediately "got it" and insisted she sit.
But yeah. Basically I'm afraid of scenarios like that.

I was wondering about the belly bands....I plan on buying one as soon as I start to grow.
It's amazing how two pregnancies can be so different. I only made it to 11 weeks last time, but it made me just utterly huge all over....bloated like crazy, especially my upper stomach, and had gained about 10 horrible pounds.
This time, I've only gained a couple pounds, although I never lost the weight from last time (oops). I'm dealing with quite a bit of ms, tossing my cookies at least once a day, but the bloat isn't really there. I can feel it around my waistline, but that's really about it.

Im curious about those belly bands, where do you get them from and what size do you get? do you get a size bigger than you r or your normal size.
I put on about 20lbs in my last pregnancy, i hope this will be the same, well im going to try and be as careful as i can.

Lara, I'm supposed to get my belly band next week and will write a review about it on here. I ordered a bellaband and it's supposed to be a really good one, so we'll see.

Nihilsinedeo bless you for your reply. I too am 5.5 and am 16-18 but had been creeping up to a 20 (UK) size. My OH has given me the confidence to finally accept my big legs and bum but he announced ages ago that he is not attracted to big stomachs on women so I have been freaking out a bit. I had gone on a diet as my stomach had started getting bigger but then I found out i was pregnant. It seems weird as with my first I lost 35 pounds as I was sick for 8 and a half months. I have been dieting recently but the doctor had words with me to not be so strict with it. She said it wont harm me if a do lose a bit and will help with labour especially as I will be 39 then (yep a dinosaur to boot lol) but I do struggle to find maternity clothes that go above a 16 (what a lovely offer from you too if you were back in the US). Also they are so expensive too. I am already wearing a 38H maternity bra which is the most unattractive contraption I have ever set eyes on! My worry is finding one bigger if i need it as this was the largest size the store did.

I'm so jealous of your active bean! My bean is always sleeping when I get a U/S

LOL, I totally wanted them to get a good picture and be able to measure. I wanted to be able to show Daddy something. :( I really think that part of it was her technique with the probe, the other was beans rapid movement all over the place in there. I know we'll get good photos at the NT scan, because we have to.

It was good to know that it's healthy and everything but I wanted to see it's progress

how is everyone holding up? any new developments?

i have my second doc. app. tomorrow and I hope we get to hear the heart beat this time
last time i went in I was barely 6 weeks

i got a scare last night because I had some stronger cramps but I was also having REALLY bad gas (sorry) so I don't know if that was the cause. No blood though, thank God.

Hi Nihil :). I hope you hear the heartbeat at your next appointment. It is so reassuring. I have my first appointment in Wednesday. I have to say I am a little nervous. My last pregnancy they couldn't see the hb until I was 9 weeks. They were telling me to get a dnc and everything. Hoping to see the hb! Hope you are feeling well!

Hi Nihil :). I hope you hear the heartbeat at your next appointment. It is so reassuring. I have my first appointment in Wednesday. I have to say I am a little nervous. My last pregnancy they couldn't see the hb until I was 9 weeks. They were telling me to get a dnc and everything. Hoping to see the hb! Hope you are feeling well!

Thank you so much Marisa. I heard the heart beat today and it was 171 bpm...I can't even tell you how excited we were. The doc. said I measured more like 8 weeks and 4 days not 9 weeks (according to my ovulation I should be 8 weeks and 4 days but according to my last menstrual cycle I should be exactly 9 weeks today). I was so nervous going in because I hardly have any symptoms but all looks very good. I am so thankful and feel SO blessed!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0633.jpg
    DSC_0633.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0634.jpg
    DSC_0634.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi ladies thought i'd pop in and say hi! Im currently 9+3 weeks pregnant with my 1st and so excited, im 5'2 and am a size 18. Just wondered if any of you ladies feel you are showing yet? my partner thinks im am but i feel its all bloat although im terrified of telling people as they'll assume im like almost full term by the way i look right now!

Hey guys, I am 12 weeks just about now, symptoms of morning sickness and tiredness have more or less gone now, boobs stopped hurting a while ago, I have the odd twinge of something lower tummy area but apart from a really bad back on one side, there is nothing else going on to say I am preggo anymore! I am freaking out that all I can feel is podge and chub and no uterus or whatever popping up over my pelvis, I am size 18UK and 5ft6, wondering if any ladies here that size didn't show for a while? or couldn't feel their uterus for a while? Got my scan on Friday. Really nervous there will be no baby =[

Hey guys, I am 12 weeks just about now, symptoms of morning sickness and tiredness have more or less gone now, boobs stopped hurting a while ago, I have the odd twinge of something lower tummy area but apart from a really bad back on one side, there is nothing else going on to say I am preggo anymore! I am freaking out that all I can feel is podge and chub and no uterus or whatever popping up over my pelvis, I am size 18UK and 5ft6, wondering if any ladies here that size didn't show for a while? or couldn't feel their uterus for a while? Got my scan on Friday. Really nervous there will be no baby =[

Symptoms tend to disappear around the 12 week point. They call the second trimester the honeymoon period because you feel so much better during that time. The twinges are probably round ligament pain from your uterus growing to accommodate. Some people show earlier while others show later. I have noticed in plus-sized friends, however, that they seem to really begin to show later on in the pregnancy.

If there's no blood, then everything is probably fine. :hugs:

I don't have many symptoms either but unless I start cramping and bleeding I'm not going to worry about it or I could just worry myself sick over it.

I believe I am showing now but I probably look a lot farther along. People who see me regularly can tell I have some lower belly growing going on.

I have my NT scan on 12/2 and it'll be the first. I'm so worried there will be nothing there! But at the same time I'm so excited to see our little one. Either way I know I'm going to cry.

Hi,

My name is Catherine and I am pregnant with my 5th baby which is an utter shock. I will have 3 under 3!!! I am 33 years old and a plus size mummy, UK 22.

I have had to have a glucose tolerence test with my last 4 pregnancies as my 1st baby was a whopper coming in at 10lb 15! Luckily they have got smaller :)

My first 2 pregnancies were straight forward but with #3 I developed high blood pressure and was induced 2 week early. With #4 I had a sucessful VBAC just 12 months after my c section and I am planning the same this time too if my health is ok x

Anyone looking for a buddy I am due around 20th July xxx

Hi,

My name is Catherine and I am pregnant with my 5th baby which is an utter shock. I will have 3 under 3!!! I am 33 years old and a plus size mummy, UK 22.

I have had to have a glucose tolerence test with my last 4 pregnancies as my 1st baby was a whopper coming in at 10lb 15! Luckily they have got smaller :)

My first 2 pregnancies were straight forward but with #3 I developed high blood pressure and was induced 2 week early. With #4 I had a sucessful VBAC just 12 months after my c section and I am planning the same this time too if my health is ok x

Anyone looking for a buddy I am due around 20th July xxx

Wow 5!!! Congrats so much and welcome. I'm sure you have the most beautiful family.

Hey Ladies. I have another scan late this afternoon and our first early pregnancy class. I'm on "pelvic rest"... we were getting ready to DTD and just as I got aroused there was a gush of fresh blood. Enough to tinge the toilet water red and soak 3 wads of toilet paper. Hospitals consider it spotting if you haven't filled a pad and/or if it's not flowing. I've passed a few small clots more than once before my last appointment(and baby was fine on the last ultrasound 6 days ago). If you see clots or anything soak them in warm/hot water and see if they dissolve, mine dissolved quickly (with some help, I'm not a patient person when it comes to this). I tried e-mailing my doctor who was out of the office so I emailed the doctor who did my first scan. He was super nice, said everything was normal a couple weeks ago, and even last week, but we can do a scan for some reassurance. They'll be keeping a closer eye on me because of the bleeding. I'm on pelvic rest until week 14. So far there's been no obvious sign for bleeding, and it wasn't always related to sexual activity (penetration or not) but that was always spotting. The kind I learned to live with. They say I'm the 1 out of 4 who has bleeding during pregnancy. The actually fresh blood gush type is startling, scary. We'll see how everything is later. Hopefully I'll get a cute little picture to show you all. Will keep you updated.

As far as other symptoms, I'm almost 11 weeks and just not getting nauseated over smells and what not. Or things that look like they might smell, haha. Other than that nothing. Some sore boobs/nipples every now and then, and they've grown some. To me it seemed like over night they had grown a bunch but they have been getting bigger over time.

Hi ladies wondered if I may join :flower: Im pregnant with number 2 after a loss earlier this year, DS is 4 and Im 26 (soon to be 27) and a uk 18-20.
I feel huge and Im roughly 6week 3days have yet to have a scan but waiting for Calderdale Royal is a pain in the bum and really need a dating scan asap as I swear I can feel bubba move :haha:
Also I have told only a select few and that doesn't include parents :haha: Waiting until scan or 12weeks(well near enough Christmas eve/day) to tell them xx

would love to join! I am 6 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. i am a whopping 286. I've been this size since the birth of my daughter 4 years ago. With my son, I gained 16lbs, and after I had him, I lost 17lbs. but after I stopped breastfeeding, gained it all back. I am really hoping to gain the same amount that i did with my son, with this one. Its going to be tought having 2 kids under 2! plus I babysit a 3 year old! AHHH lol. But me and my oh are so excited! I have my first scan on 11/28 and my first prenatal visit on 12/8. Been having some headaches here and there, naeusea at night, heartburn, sore boobs, and am sooo tired all the time!And the dreams have begun! hows everyone doing today? Would anyone want to be bump buddies??

They say I'm the 1 out of 4 who has bleeding during pregnancy. The actually fresh blood gush type is startling, scary. We'll see how everything is later. Hopefully I'll get a cute little picture to show you all. Will keep you updated.

oh KEslinger, im so sorry to hear about the blood...not matter how it looks and how much the amount, it will always worry.

I'm praying for you that all will be alright!!!

Please keep us posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->