Plus-Size Pregnancy

Hi there everyone! I would love to join your group. I've been reading it for awhile. I just got a positive pregnancy test on 11/29! I'm very excited, but really nervous too. I'm so scared it won't take or all my tests are wrong! It just doesn't seem like it can be true. Obviously, I'm not very far along at all! My name is Liz and I am 5'7" and weigh about 250. I've recently lost 50 lbs, which I'm very happy about! But I still wish I was healthier than I am to be pregnant. I wear an 18 usually. I don't have any medical issues that I know of. I've had my glucose tested with no mention of a problem, so I assume I'm good. It's usually 75-80. This is my first pregnancy.

Congrats and welcome!!
I was wondering though why you said you wished you were healthier if you have no health problems? I know for me I used to think health=weight but when my building had a fire drill I realized that I was in much better shape than the people I outweighed by 50 lbs! We're on the 23rd floor and we had to book it down ALL the stairs. I barely broke a sweat while the skinny 'healthy' girls couldn't cope! One of them actually had to go home and a couple called in sick the next day because their legs were so sore.
I know that so many of us larger people are thought to be unhealthy but if you're not actually unhealthy I wouldn't feel bad!

That's true. I used to go jogging and go to kickboxing classes, but my work schedule changed and I haven't been able to do those things. I'm definitely not as active as I was a few months. I guess I'm just scared of having a higher risk of problems because I'm overweight. But, like you said, why worry if I currently have no problems. Thanks for the insight!

Had an appointment yesterday and was pretty flabbergasted that I was down 2 lbs from my last appointment, over Thanksgiving holiday none the less! Made me feel good about myself. I will find out what I am having on the 13th :)

Anyone else stunned by the fact that people think that because you carry extra weight that you automatically have health problems? Luckily for me it's not that true. I have good blood pressure, sugar, and don't tire too easily. I have PCOS and doc said that would get better with weight loss but even if I were small I'd still have a high chance of having it considering it's genetic. My grandmother who was petite and skinny had pcos and died of ovarian cancer, rest her soul. It took me a while, but I've become comfortable with my size. I'd love to lose weight, but I'm gonna do it on my time and not because my tv tells me I need to right now.

Hello girls;)))

I am so happy for all of you preggos;0)))

I am 26, trying to get pregnant, and hoping it will happen soon;))

I am 5'7", wearing size 16...with boobies...and I CANNT WAIT TO ROCK MY PREGGO BODY.(maybe this month is the month)

Good Luck to ALL OF YOU.....

...anybody wants to share some pcitures?

I haven't gained any weight. I am almost 9 weeks and my pants are already tight! Almost to tight to wear :(. I am sure the fact that this is my fourth pregnancy in 7 years has something to do with it. But sheesh I thought I could at least get to first tri in my normal pants. But at this rate I don't think that is going to be the case! Lol. Anyone else in the same boat?

I know I was not fitting into pants after 8 weeks either.

I know I was not fitting into pants after 8 weeks either.

Is this your first pregnancy Kendra? It's funny my first pregnancy I was dying to get into maternity clothes. My second pregnancy I waited to long, I was so uncomfortable. My third I don't remember when I started wearing them. But I know it wasn't this soon! Lol. Oh well I am going to embrace it since it will be my last :)

My scan is tomorrow! I booked it in the afternoon since my OH had to work, but he decided to take the day off and now I have to wait ALL DAY!

Anyone else stunned by the fact that people think that because you carry extra weight that you automatically have health problems? Luckily for me it's not that true. I have good blood pressure, sugar, and don't tire too easily. I have PCOS and doc said that would get better with weight loss but even if I were small I'd still have a high chance of having it considering it's genetic. My grandmother who was petite and skinny had pcos and died of ovarian cancer, rest her soul. It took me a while, but I've become comfortable with my size. I'd love to lose weight, but I'm gonna do it on my time and not because my tv tells me I need to right now.

very well put

a lot of ppl i meet think that i have major health issues and they think i must eat like a cow for being overweight. I have friends that are so skinny and they eat a lot more than I do. It's hard to explain to people why you're this way.

I have PCOS as well and it's such a roller costar when it comes to weight and very few people understand it.

People are always going to judge and misunderstand. I'm happy to see your positive attitude!

This is my first, but everything pregnacy-related is going into my belly, so it didn't take long.

I'm freaking out now, 4 hours before my appointment. I'm just so terrified that it'll be a missed miscarriage and then what will I do? I just want everything to be okay.

I'm freaking out now, 4 hours before my appointment. I'm just so terrified that it'll be a missed miscarriage and then what will I do? I just want everything to be okay.

I had my first appt yesterday, and they did a dating scan. I held my breath the whole time I was waiting, because after my mc in August I just couldn't believe everything was going to be ok. Then we saw that perfect little bean with a strong beating heart and I just broke down. I'm still petrified something is going to go wrong, but for now everything is great. Just relax. Stressing only makes it worse. I'll be thinking about you today while I go take my 24 hour urine to the lab and get vampired for half my blood. It is so much fun being pregnant and diabetic at the same time!

I had my NT scan today. It took quite a while, they got great anatomy shots for the scan (we didn't get all those pics, though) arms, legs, stomach, head, etc. They also checked out my uterus to see what was going on with bleeding. At one point it seems that I may have had a subchorionic hematoma. I have a clot in my uterus but since my uterus has grown the placenta has moved upwards like it should, making the clot of no harm to the placenta. They did mention that I may have more bleeding and that it can also cause your water to break early, but the perinatologist didn't seem concerned by it. She said that my "pregnancy is progressing beautifully!" YAY! Baby was moving around some and I thought I was going to pee my pants. They did an abdominal ultrasound for most of the scan, had my empty my bladder tried vaginal (which was got worse photos, btw), then tried abdominal again. No one had said anything before but it seems as though my uterus is kinda retroverted (tilted back) so photos will be harder to obtain until it flips. They were getting good photos on one side but after they had me pee, the baby turned the opposite way. Haha. Bean was active, waving, kicking, moving it's little head. After a while it looked like it was saying NO MORE!!! They got consitent Nuchal Translucency numbers (1.8mm) which is fantastic for 13 weeks. The only thing that sucked is I had my first trimester screening at 10w0d. Because the baby is measuring 1 day earlier it made my first trimester screening VOID! I had to go have some more blood taken for the early portion of the screening. Baby is measuring at 6.39cm now... that's what they wrote on my screening form, one of the other measurements was 6.7. Because I had to have my first bloods redone they couldn't give me the early results, but the perinatologist assured me that my numbers are great and my risk is really low. =) My EDD is 6/9/12 but I'm not changing my tickers for it, LOL. Enough typing... here is our Bean!

:baby::cloud9::baby:
13w waving.jpg

I had my first appt yesterday, and they did a dating scan. I held my breath the whole time I was waiting, because after my mc in August I just couldn't believe everything was going to be ok. Then we saw that perfect little bean with a strong beating heart and I just broke down. I'm still petrified something is going to go wrong, but for now everything is great. Just relax. Stressing only makes it worse. I'll be thinking about you today while I go take my 24 hour urine to the lab and get vampired for half my blood. It is so much fun being pregnant and diabetic at the same time!

Ahh, I'm pregnant with diabetes as well! Was just in to give them my urine and blood yesterday. :)

I'm kind of overwhelmed by the risk I'm taking, but it's not like I didn't know what I was getting into. Everytime I take my bloodsugar and it's a little off, I'm so mad at myself. But, I know, I know--it's best to just relax.

Hey Girls. I haven't read all of these posts but I am due August 4th with my first and don't have my Dr appt. until after 9 weeks. I haven't been diagnosed with any issues (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc) but I don't go to the doctors a lot due to the fact I hate the doctors. I'm worrying, did any other plus size mama not go for first prenatal until after 8 weeks?

Hey Girls. I haven't read all of these posts but I am due August 4th with my first and don't have my Dr appt. until after 9 weeks. I haven't been diagnosed with any issues (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc) but I don't go to the doctors a lot due to the fact I hate the doctors. I'm worrying, did any other plus size mama not go for first prenatal until after 8 weeks?

Mine's not set until the 9th week, I think it's pretty common so long as there's no question with the home test. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->