Plus-Size Pregnancy

What is the qualifications for a B belly? My belly makes a B when I wear pants but it isn't a B when my pants are under the bump.

I ordered stretchy waist work pants from Fashion Bug yesterday, thank God they are on the way cause I need some pants with room! Maternity pants aren't cutting it.

Im UK size 18-20 its my 2nd baby, ive been told i cant have the baby in the hospital i had my son because im too fat, and it may cause problems boooo!!!

Nevermind. Im due on 22nd June, i have my first scan on monday im very very excited xxx

I'm so sorry they're giving you such a hard time!!!! So if they won't allow you to have the baby at the hospital, where should you have your baby? That's really sad...I'm so sorry :(

we're both due on the same day :)

As much as I love having u/s I do dread them sometimes because I know it's harder to see the baby through the 'chub'. Anyone else feel like that?

Every time I go for my ultrasound my doctor has to make the remark about the layers of fat that she has to see through and how hard it is for her to see. I dread going every time. And when I leave she gives me this list of things I shouldn't eat like sweets and salt. It's funny how most ppl when they see us think we eat so much...little do they know that a lot of us prob. eat less than most people eat because we are so self conscious about our weight and it seems that ppl understand so little about weight...so much of it has to do with hormonal imbalances but try to tell that to anyone...they don't care

Hello i am Uk size 22/24 6' tall i work as a healthcare assistant at a private hospital and fertility department

i get so angry at ultrasound technicians who blame the chub! i had a scan 2 years ago to check my ovaries (was diagnosed as having mild PCOS) as i was strugglng to lose weight but was at the gym 4 days a week and eating next to nothing as i had no appetite and they saw both ovaries through my tummy and all of the chub!

still putting baby a week behind but i work with ob/gyn consultants who are not worried and therefore neither am i!

all i want to eat is peanut butter!

Hi Mummy_Mac, so glad to see people are still joining. This thread was such a good idea!!!!

I have the chub story at every ultrasound.

My baby gets put a week or a few days behind what I should be according to my LMP but my doc. says that it's fine because the older the baby gets, the easier it will get to determine the right measurements and due date.

I crave peanuts a lot...especially Thai peanut curry...argh i would pay double for that right now lol but there are not such restaurants in Romania

Hey Keslinger,

I definately have a B belly, and still have a slight B belly now when im not wearing anything. However with my pants and maternity clothes on it brings it all together into a lovely round bump!
Its definately coming out though!! Its really never worried me about the B belly because if you wear the right maternity clothes, it shouldnt show it anyway and its only without your clothes on it is visible!
Dont worry too much hunny!! as soon as you start shwoing slightly and get them nice comfy maternity clothes on youll find it dissapears!! :D xxx

I am so thankful I don't live in Romania... Dr's in America would never treat someone like that and comment about the fat.

I started feeling some little niggles this morning so I'm hoping it is what I think it is!

I'm having my NT scan on 12/2 and I'm wondering if they'll do transvaginal because of my weight. :(

Cali- for my 12 week they still did transvaginal for me. I have one on Tuesday and I'll be 16 weeks, will let you know :)

When I had my us, they couldn't find bean on the normal one. Idk if it was because I was 9 weeks and have a tilted uterus or because I'm overweight, tech didnt say anything negative, just that she would use the internal because it would probably be easier to find the baby!

9 weeks is really early if you think about it, bean isn't even more than an inch long. I think bean has to be a few inches at least to really see anything on a regular ultrasound. I don't mind though, I would much rather have a beautiful looking ultrasound picture transvaginally then have a blurry weird looking one abdominally.

Me too!! Quality over method of us any day! Lol. We did end up with Flawless pictures! I go for the nt scan on Thursday so I'm kind of hoping they do an internal again. I don't mind. If it means a better picture/quicker find, I'm all for it!!!

I've been on pelvic rest because of spotting so I was hoping for the external, but I want to make sure that everything is okay with the LO as well. There's no use worrying about it anyway I suppose, either way we'll see on Friday. Thanks everyone!

Couple things- anyone else have high BP? I have had it the entire time I've been pregnant, I guess it isn't going up so that's a good thing but I fear if it starts to rise I will get put on bed rest. Ugh.

Also, owwwwww, just had sex and it was painful. Too sensitive, and super dry... I feel like I need to ice myself and it wasn't even that intense :( anyone else have a similar problem? Not to mention feeling totally out of shape LOL

I am so thankful I don't live in Romania... Dr's in America would never treat someone like that and comment about the fat.

I started feeling some little niggles this morning so I'm hoping it is what I think it is!

It's very common in all of Europe for them to comment on the "fat" issue. My sister gave birth in Italy and they gave her heck about her weight. She was a size 12-14 and 5'8 so she didn't look that big at all. Europe just seems to be really big on this...at least a lot of countries I have visited in Europe seem to be big on this issue and they will tell you that you need to lose weight as if you haven't seen yourself in the mirror and as if you're really never tried to do anything about it.

Couple things- anyone else have high BP? I have had it the entire time I've been pregnant, I guess it isn't going up so that's a good thing but I fear if it starts to rise I will get put on bed rest. Ugh.

Also, owwwwww, just had sex and it was painful. Too sensitive, and super dry... I feel like I need to ice myself and it wasn't even that intense :( anyone else have a similar problem? Not to mention feeling totally out of shape LOL

i had high BP my last 2 but they didnt put me on bed rest i ended up on the BP pills and was on them till just after i had them this time round no pills yet but im bigger then i was to start with this time so im kinda thinking i will end up on them :( good luck ......... cant help with the sex bit lol do not fancy it at all lol

hi you lovely ladies. feeling really down today. I was a size 18 (15st) wen i fell wiv my first child 6 years ago nd ended up being 17st at end of pregnancy, and i didnt realy show til6months or so. i lost 7 stone a few years bk bt due to depression gained 6 stone of it and am now a stone heavier than i was wen i fell pregnant with my first and am worried that im hardly going to show in this pregnancy and also that by the time iv given birth il be the biggest iv ever been :( thinking of starting a healthy eating plan ..someones told me about herbalife which is a nutritional meal supplement for breki n lunch and has all the vitamins and nutrition u need in just 200calories per meal and then u have a healthy dinner. apparently its ok to do in pregnancy.
what do u ladies think? i just want to be healthy and feel better and eat healthily for the baby.

is anyone else whos bigger worry about not showing?

any advice/help would be great thankyou xxx

im worried about showing too soon! i look about 5 month pregnant already with this bloat! and its not as if i had a washbord tummy before! but im really conscious of it. but will be glad when i get to 12weeks and i can say im pregnant not that iv eaten too many mince pies! x

i look pregnant already but thts just fat n i have a roll in the middle so i cnt even get away with it being prego bump lol xxx

I vary between a UK 18 - 22, this is my first pregnancy, and I think it's safe to say I'm starting to pop.
I really wouldn't worry too much about showing, as we all inevitably will, we may just have to have a tad more patience than our skinnier counterparts :)

Hang in there girls and try and focus on enjoying your pregnancy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->