Plus-Size Pregnancy

I get to see my little guy/girl tomorrow :) I had a u/s 2 weeks ago when I thought I was 7+3. They dated me at 6+2. Which is very possible my date is off...I think I did ov late. So they just want to get a more accurate date. Praying they get an amazing view of my little one <3

Hope you all are feeling well! xoxo

Marisa

I get to see my little guy/girl tomorrow :) I had a u/s 2 weeks ago when I thought I was 7+3. They dated me at 6+2. Which is very possible my date is off...I think I did ov late. So they just want to get a more accurate date. Praying they get an amazing view of my little one <3

Marisa

Praying for you Marisa.
Please keep us updated and post a picture of your little one if you get one :)

well girls im + size and i had my scan today they found it very hard to get good pics and couldn't see all the things they wanted to see HOW EVER was not because of my it was my baby sleeping on its head facing away from them lol and they didnt blame my bmi or any they put it down to technically difficult scan even when doing the scan they said it was nothing to do with me so that kinda mad me feel better anyways hears my baby :) (sleeping on his/her head lol)

Attachments

• Snapshot_20111129_2.jpg
    Snapshot_20111129_2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 15
well girls im + size and i had my scan today they found it very hard to get good pics and couldn't see all the things they wanted to see HOW EVER was not because of my it was my baby sleeping on its head facing away from them lol and they didnt blame my bmi or any they put it down to technically difficult scan even when doing the scan they said it was nothing to do with me so that kinda mad me feel better anyways hears my baby :) (sleeping on his/her head lol)

good to know! And, LOVE the photo! We're hoping for a good picture on Friday when I have my NT scan. I'll be exactly 13 weeks like you are today!:happydance:

oh well good luck hun u will prob get a bit better pic my baby did not want to play at all lol keep me updated :)

I have PCOS so I carry a lot of my weight around my belly! I'm currently 270, but I still wear a 14/16. My mom is about 250 and wears an 18/20. Don't ask me how it works! I'm only 5'4 at that. I just got my BFP today. I guess he'd be due around August 1st. I've been taking metformin for a month and a half as well. Nice to meet you ladies!

im worried about showing too soon! i look about 5 month pregnant already with this bloat! and its not as if i had a washbord tummy before! but im really conscious of it. but will be glad when i get to 12weeks and i can say im pregnant not that iv eaten too many mince pies! x

I'm about 5 weeks too! I carry most of my weight in my tum to begin with but with this bloating it's horrible! I've been trying to drink lots of water to keep digestion going but I still look about 6 months pregnant. Oh the woes!

I had my u/s today but don't have a pic to share. The MW couldn't find the baby. She tried for a while then had to go get a real tech. The tech finally found it! I was so relieved! She said my uterus is crazy tilted and that I am a hard scan. Figures. Lol. A quick measurement of the baby was 7+5. The tech said she believes the baby is more like 8 weeks but didn't have the time to finish. She was pulled away from someone else to scan me so had to leave. According to my LMP I should be 9+3. But I I hVe no doubts I ov'd late by the symptoms I noted. But part of me is still worried. Do you think I should be?

Did they get a heartbeat? If they did then you're good. And one measurement isn't necessarily a bad thing... I've been pushed back and 2 weeks later I'm back right on where I should be. Your tilted uterus is going to probably give you some weird results until the baby is bigger.

Yes! There was a hb! :happydance: I am actually hoping their dates are accurate. That means I ov'd several days after sex. Better chance for a girl. Lol. I have three boys. Really boy or girl doesn't matter. Just my babies health is all I want!

Marisa

Did they get a heartbeat? If they did then you're good. And one measurement isn't necessarily a bad thing... I've been pushed back and 2 weeks later I'm back right on where I should be. Your tilted uterus is going to probably give you some weird results until the baby is bigger.

Marisa[/when is ur next scan booked ?? did they not give u any pics at all :(

Congrats Marisa!

I'm having even more trouble sleeping as my first scan is on FRIDAY!

Hello friends! My first scan is today... I am 10w6d. I weighed myself this morning and I have gained 12 pounds in 2 months. And I am already heavy. I am fearful of the OB giving me a hard time about my weight... I already feel horrible about it. I am 5'8 and weigh 270. Please pray that my scan goes well, I am so so so nervous.

I had my first scan last week and it was all kinds of awesome :)
I'm really beginning to think that the whole being 'big' causing bad scans is just a myth and is really down the skill of the person performing it.
We got pics, but they aren't great as LO wouldn't keep still for longer than a nanosecond. The quality is much better first hand, as this is a photo of the photo.

I have another scan next Thursday as they want wait until LO is a bit bigger to give us the most accurate date. Looking forward to more photos and another peek at how our LO is coming along :)

Attachments

• baby chewy3.jpg
    baby chewy3.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 4
Bean has officially turned into a little shark!! Holy crap! I forgot what it felt like! It feels like "she" is doing laps in my uterus! And it happened over night. Yesterday as a matter of fact, just all of the sudden I could feel "her". And now it is constant. Seems so early for them to be this strong?!

Hi there everyone! I would love to join your group. I've been reading it for awhile. I just got a positive pregnancy test on 11/29! I'm very excited, but really nervous too. I'm so scared it won't take or all my tests are wrong! It just doesn't seem like it can be true. Obviously, I'm not very far along at all! My name is Liz and I am 5'7" and weigh about 250. I've recently lost 50 lbs, which I'm very happy about! But I still wish I was healthier than I am to be pregnant. I wear an 18 usually. I don't have any medical issues that I know of. I've had my glucose tested with no mention of a problem, so I assume I'm good. It's usually 75-80. This is my first pregnancy.

welcome Taylor!

I have the worst cough ever and I don't know what to do about it. The doc. is against cold medicine that is out there and told me to drink tea with honey. Its itchy and scratchy in there and it brings up this nasty cough.

Are any of you going through this?
What helped?

Hi, ladies. I'm a plus-plus size lady (5'8" and 350 lbs), pregnant with first. I also have type 2 diabetes. I'm a little scared, but extremely happy to be (a tiny bit) pregnant. I've brought my blood sugars under pretty good control over the past months. I had just gotten the go-ahead to try from my dr. after having taken several months off to work on the blood sugar control. Lo and behold, we got pregnant this first month back trying! I'm amazed at how smart the human body is, stubbornly refusing to get pregnant until my blood sugars were in line.

Anyway, I've been accumulating a few maternity odds and ends when I come across them. Torrid.com has maternity now, and onsestopplus.com is a nice collection of what's out there.

:D

Hi there everyone! I would love to join your group. I've been reading it for awhile. I just got a positive pregnancy test on 11/29! I'm very excited, but really nervous too. I'm so scared it won't take or all my tests are wrong! It just doesn't seem like it can be true. Obviously, I'm not very far along at all! My name is Liz and I am 5'7" and weigh about 250. I've recently lost 50 lbs, which I'm very happy about! But I still wish I was healthier than I am to be pregnant. I wear an 18 usually. I don't have any medical issues that I know of. I've had my glucose tested with no mention of a problem, so I assume I'm good. It's usually 75-80. This is my first pregnancy.

Congrats and welcome!!
I was wondering though why you said you wished you were healthier if you have no health problems? I know for me I used to think health=weight but when my building had a fire drill I realized that I was in much better shape than the people I outweighed by 50 lbs! We're on the 23rd floor and we had to book it down ALL the stairs. I barely broke a sweat while the skinny 'healthy' girls couldn't cope! One of them actually had to go home and a couple called in sick the next day because their legs were so sore.
I know that so many of us larger people are thought to be unhealthy but if you're not actually unhealthy I wouldn't feel bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->