Plus-Size Pregnancy

Awesome! A1c of 4.9 is lovely. I'm diabetic, and I was pleased to cut mine down to 6.2.

There's something about that medical stamp of approval that you just need to get it through your head that you're pregnant. Just had my blood draw today, because I had a tiny bit of bleeding earlier. Hopefully it's nothing, and it will be nice to have my hcg count. If all goes well, my first prenatal appointment with u/s is on 12/27, so we can compare notes!

Yeah, it was really nice getting all my results in the "normal" range! I hope you and your LO are good, that must be scary. I kind of hate this time right now, I just want to feel more stable and not worry all the time!

Wow, I've been gone for a few days and missed a lot! It looks like everything is going great for all you ladies, that is wonderful! I just had my first appointment on 12/6. It was just with a nurse, but super informative. They took urine and LOTS of blood. It was so exciting to get home and see "HCG - Positive" on Kaiser's website!! That made it a lot more real to me! They tested me for everything under the sun and it all looks good. My blood pressure was 113/63, and my A1C (which I was a little nervous about because it's a huge fear of mine to become diabetic) was 4.9%. My friend who has lived with diabetes for many years was very happy for me! Anyway, I'll have my first ultrasound at 8.5 weeks on 12/28. My husband will be coming with me for that one, he's really excited about it! Then I have another ultrasound at 12 weeks and 18 weeks! I can't wait to hear my LOs heartbeat!

LC I am so jealous of your A1C! My is 6.4. Are you on insulin injections? I have such a horrible time in my first trimester with my blood sugars being all over the place. Seems when I even look at a carb in the morning my blood sugar goes up. LOL Hopefully they will mellow out soon! Any tips on how you are archiving such a great A1C?

Marisa

Wow, I've been gone for a few days and missed a lot! It looks like everything is going great for all you ladies, that is wonderful! I just had my first appointment on 12/6. It was just with a nurse, but super informative. They took urine and LOTS of blood. It was so exciting to get home and see "HCG - Positive" on Kaiser's website!! That made it a lot more real to me! They tested me for everything under the sun and it all looks good. My blood pressure was 113/63, and my A1C (which I was a little nervous about because it's a huge fear of mine to become diabetic) was 4.9%. My friend who has lived with diabetes for many years was very happy for me! Anyway, I'll have my first ultrasound at 8.5 weeks on 12/28. My husband will be coming with me for that one, he's really excited about it! Then I have another ultrasound at 12 weeks and 18 weeks! I can't wait to hear my LOs heartbeat!

LC I am so jealous of your A1C! My is 6.4. Are you on insulin injections? I have such a horrible time in my first trimester with my blood sugars being all over the place. Seems when I even look at a carb in the morning my blood sugar goes up. LOL Hopefully they will mellow out soon! Any tips on how you are archiving such a great A1C?

Marisa

I wish I could be helpful! I don't have diabetes, which is probably why my A1C is low. I know diabetes is manageable, but it scares me, that's why I was happy to see a good number (after I looked up what A1C is). It is one of the biggest reasons I have recently lost 50 lbs! My sister had gestational diabetes, so I'm doing my best with eating to avoid that. I'm not sure it's even genetic, but I figure it can't hurt!

I kind of hate this time right now, I just want to feel more stable and not worry all the time!

Yes, I was thinking earlier that it would be a kindness to be put into a medically-induced coma for the next 7 weeks. ;)

when have you ladies felt you were really pregnant?

I don't mean like the m/s, sore breasts, sleepiness, etc. sort of symptoms.

I mean, when did you start feeling that there was something growing in there?

I'm almost 12 weeks and I don't feel anything. I have a B belly and the lower part of my belly (my fanny pack lol) has gotten maybe 1-2 inches bigger. I can still wear my normal clothes and all. Since I am a bigger girl, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to see something already. Also, since it's so early, I don't feel anything so of course I often wonder if anything is really happening in there.

I didn't start really feeling it until about 14 weeks, that's when I got ligament stretching and what I think is the beginning of kicking and whatnot. You're still really early :) It'll come!

I'm glad to see everyone is doing well. Every now and then I feel a little flick in my lower abdomen. My grandma told me that was the beginning of the kicks and punches that I'll be feeling.

I'm now 14 weeks! Clear of the first trimester (most references site the first trimester ending with 13+6).

I decided to keep the baby out of Christmas this year... instead we're going to start mingling our families (who have never met!) after finding out the sex... probably at the beginning of the year. The dilemma? We keep going back and forth on whether or not we want to know the sex before everyone else. We are going to do gender reaveal cupcakes, some chocolate, some white, with the opposite in frosting, and some colored buttercream in the middle telling us boy or girl. The problem is that I know what things look like on an ultrasound, and we're going to be sent home with 6 pictures and a cd/dvd of the scan. Haha.

So, do we stick to our guns, have the technician write down the gender in the envelope and take it to the bakery? (Also, hide all evidence from ME) Or, do we know the gender and surprise everyone else? It'll be a 2 week wait that we're dealing with. LOL Yikes!

On a sadder note, I found out that my uncle was found dead - from "natural causes". This came as a complete shocker. He had NO health problems. Healthy. Active. Young. =\

Apparently people are wondering how I'll do at the funeral service. My aunt mentioned talking to my OB about a mild sedative. I emailed my OB and she said nothing has been "proven safe" but there is an antianxiety medication that, with short term use, is very low risk. I don't know how I feel about that. I also asked her about some Benadryl... I'm still waiting for her response. I don't want to take anything that may harm our baby so I may stay clear anyway... and just hope that I can deal with the stress of it all given the circumstances.

I have my 3d gender scan the day after the funeral. It's going to be one hell of an emotional roller coaster that weekend.

I'm so sorry about what you're going through, Keslinger!

Hey everyone. Please can I join here? This is my 4th pregnancy in 18 months. I had three missed miscarriages before this and had just decided to lose weight for my rainbow baby bfp but I was already pregnant!! I have DD who's 15, DD 14 and DS 10.

I'm uk size 20-22 and there's not many places on here for us plus size preggo ladies.
I'm hoping this is my sticky bean :)

hi ladies feeling abit down today at my belly i feel like im never going to show with my flabby tummy. so envious of all these slim ladies with hard bumps. im just going to be considered fat throughout the entire pregnancy :( xx

hi ladies, this is my baby bump...i don't see much of a difference though I have to say that the lower part of my belly is bigger. I still fit in most of my clothes, a few pants are tight.

Attachments

• DSC_0732.jpg
    DSC_0732.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 6
I finally have that "harder" bump at 18 weeks, so for those of you who are stressing about having a bump, it will get there eventually! And I carry ALL my weight in my stomach.

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 11
Cute bumps ladies! I'm thinking I'll fit in my regular clothes for awhile. I'm pretty tall, so I'm not sure I'll get big until close to the end.

hi ladies feeling abit down today at my belly i feel like im never going to show with my flabby tummy. so envious of all these slim ladies with hard bumps. im just going to be considered fat throughout the entire pregnancy :( xx

Aww don't feel bad! You will get a baby bump. It just takes up gals a little longer. :winkwink:

I finally have that "harder" bump at 18 weeks, so for those of you who are stressing about having a bump, it will get there eventually! And I carry ALL my weight in my stomach.

that is such a wonderful bump...love it!!! i hope i get that at 18 weeks as well

Have you felt your LO move? When did it start? What did it feel like?

I haven't felt anything yet, but its still early. The doctor said not to expect movement for 6 or more weeks since I have an anterior placenta.

Has anyone found out what they are having yet? We have a private scan in 9 days! I will be 17+1. I am so nervous that we wont be able to find out because of my size. I have a bump pic from today. I will try to load it from my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->