Plus-Size Pregnancy

had my 12.5 weeks ultrasound today and i found out that I'm 13 weeks and 1 day...not that "way off". My estimated due date is now June 19.

It was amazing seeing our baby again...what a blessing
the heartbeat was 145 bpm and they measured the neck for down syndrome but there is no sign of that. The baby was sleeping...he/she has grown, it's amazing to see your baby growing

Attachments

• DSC_0738.jpg
    DSC_0738.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0735.jpg
    DSC_0735.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0736.jpg
    DSC_0736.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 8
Congrats on the boy Kendra! And Nihil your pictures are gorgeous. :) :) :)

I had a pretty good day today, of a sorts. I haven't been sleeping well so I woke up very late and just grabbed a shirt out of my closet. I wore it with my new maternity pants and when I got to work I went to the restroom. While I was washing my hands I realized you can see my bump!! I was wearing a satiny shirt on accident (I've been avoiding those, just in case) and it looked very different compared to how I looked before. :) :) if you didn't know me you might just think I was fat, but my coworkers see me everyday and know what I normally look like. I had to button up my sweater over it.

had my 12.5 weeks ultrasound today and i found out that I'm 13 weeks and 1 day...not that "way off". My estimated due date is now June 19.

It was amazing seeing our baby again...what a blessing
the heartbeat was 145 bpm and they measured the neck for down syndrome but there is no sign of that. The baby was sleeping...he/she has grown, it's amazing to see your baby growing

So exciting. Great scan pics too! Do you have another scan scheduled to find out the gender? :)

So exciting. Great scan pics too! Do you have another scan scheduled to find out the gender? :)

Thank you! I have another scan on the 13th of Jan. and I should be 17 weeks and the doc. said she might be able to tell. I really hope so!!!

I got to see the baby's heartbeat last night for the first time, a sweet little flickering blob on the screen. :) The transvaginal scan was so low-drama, wish they could all be that way! Though, I won't mind not taking my pants off when it comes to the regular u/s...

Had my 3D scan today. OH finally got to hear the heartbeat. We got a disc with 8 pictures on it, and 3 short clips, and a DVD with some video (can't upload) of the baby in 2d and 3d/4d, babys heartbeat, and all. =)

The news everyone has been waiting for? IT'S A GIRL! She kept her legs crossed for most of the ultrasound but finally started kicking around and gave us a good view. The profile shot isn't too good, but again she's waving! LOL, in the video we have you can see all of her fingers, too. The video looks a lot better. The 3D photos are good as long as you know not to expect that cute little baby... we'll be going back to the same place in late March/Early April for another scan. The lady is amazing. We got a pink baby photo book with our photos in it, so we added our other ultrasound photos as well.

They're careful to say that nothing is 100% before the ultrasound. She told me before the scan (before I had even gone in) that if there's any doubt they'll have you come back in. She thought it was a girl about 20 times before she uncrossed her little legs, then she says "IT'S A GIRL!!!" Proceeded by "I'm 1000% sure, you can go buy baby stuff now!" :happydance:

We were happy with whatever we'd get.

Here's a profile shot. Head on the right, hand up by her head in the back. Waving just like the last ultrasound.

profile and a wave.jpg

3D picture. Looking straight on. They all look like they have splits in their heads at this stage/angle.
3d straight on.jpg

Drama Queen with her hand on her head... almost through the whole ultrasound... at one point she brought her other hand up and was doing the whole "I'm not listening!" thing. :haha:
hand on head from side.jpg

Annnnnnnnnnd, IT'S A GIRL! The 3 lines between her legs ("the hamburger sign") shows what she is. The 2 lines a little further out between her legs is the umbilical cord.
its a girl.jpg

Hey ladies... hate to jump in late but I just got my BFP! I am a size 20 and tgia is our second and probably last little one :) Our EDDis August 24 2012.

Hey ladies... hate to jump in late but I just got my BFP! I am a size 20 and tgia is our second and probably last little one :) Our EDDis August 24 2012.

Welcome Psychnut! Congrats on your bfp :)

I haven't felt anything yet, but its still early. The doctor said not to expect movement for 6 or more weeks since I have an anterior placenta.

Totally normal not to feel til later with an anterior placenta. However, even being a 22 (Uk) before pregnancy, this being my first baby and having an anterior placenta, I felt definite flutters by 18w and could see kicks at 19+6. Just so y'all have hopes miracles can happen. Have a bump (ish) when I lie down flat or stand up but mainly chubb still.

No posts in 6 days?! LOL
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all are doing well.

Christmas nookie led to Christmas spotting. Blah. But totally worth it ;)

hi, im a uk size 16 and expecting baby no.11,merry christmas.xx

Hello I am a plus-sized mama who is pregnant again!

Best thing about being plus sized in pregnancy is that you can hide your pregnancy if you like for longer!

Worst bit is the increased risk of SPD, the extra weight is a killer on the back and the worst is that it gets increasingly difficult to get out of the bath or wipe your own arse!

If anyone wants any advice or help then I am happy to talk to you about any issues I had

Mostly I just urge you to keep moving, I had bad morningsickness and became very immobile during my first pregnancy, it resulted in a superficial vein thrombosis which was not nice. Deep vien is even worse!

Joining the party! We are expecting our first together (he came with 2 wonderful daughters) and are very excited. I am 38 and a size 16-18 (US) and 5 feet tall. I am pretty sure I am 6w4d but the pregnancy tickers clocks me a week later. Have an initial appointment with a midwife tomorrow for the interview and tour of a birthing center. I am so excited to be pregnant and happy to find this thread. I read all 52 pages and you all give me great hope and inspiration.

H&H 9 months and happy holidays!

Keslinger be glad you still want sex. It's been like over a month for me.

@kendra, its getting more and more rare for me to want it, though I still "give it up"... LoL. We are past 16 weeks now so in the clear for dtd but I still spot/bleed after.

Cutest thing ever:
Over at his aunts house for Christmas they pass out presents for the kids (only). Someone says "this one says 'Alyssa'"... one of the adults says "who the hell is Alyssa?" So his (very) young cousin brings it over to us. THE BABY GOT A CHRISTMAS PRESENT! We're going to use it as one of the "going home" outfits for the hospital. We're packing 1 outfit in each size (newborn, 0-3, 3-6). This one is a newborn size... lady bug set. Uber cute. Lady bug sleep n play, a red cap with black dots and antennae, a white onesie with a lady bug on the front, and red pants with lady bug feet.

Then over at my grandmas, one of our gifts for the 2 of us was a 152ct of size 1 pampers swaddlers. SWEET! We have a pack of 84 and 96 newborn swaddlers, we want to get 1 more pack ourselves, and then we're just asking for size 1 and up.

The other bonus is that his cousins girlfriend had a baby girl earlier this year so we should hopefully be getting a bunch of gently used hand-me-downs. SCORE!

It was super cute getting a gift for the baby already. We'll be adding it to our baby box.

I also got a $75 gift card for motherhood maternity. I'm going to check out their return policy and may order offline (they have the plus-size in petite)... any one familiar with their clothes? How do they fit? Big, smaller? True to size? I plan on using that and another gift card to get 2 pairs of maternity jeans and a plus size belly band. Also got a torrid gift card and lane bryant (I can get some shirts from them that will last through the pregnancy).

Sad news... earlier today while browsing Torrids website, I figured out that they've discontinued their maternity line!!! WTF!?!? They have 2 items in clearance, ONLY. That totally means discontinued. Is it really that taboo for a bigger girl to be pregnant?! RUDE. Lane Bryant discontinued theirs a few years back, too. Not fair. =\ On a good note, it does look like motherhood has stepped up their plus size maternity line, offering petite and tall. YAY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->