Plus-Size Pregnancy

I cant wear those pants all day yet. Itd be different if the panel were thicker/more supportive... Right now they tend to slowly go down, just the panel, not the pants, lol. The belly band helps. Til my bellyis bigger I will only wear them out, not to work or anything.

Yeah I can't do panel stuff either. It sucks. I'm constantly hiking myself up and the bands/panels roll down. Ugh.

I had sort of a weird week. Tuesday morning I woke up for work and instead of vomiting bile I was vomiting blood. Freaked me out so I went to the doctor and saw a different one. He prescribed a horrible drug that I haven't even taken, lol. Said it was irritation from the morning sickness. My blood pressure was also very low, and he said that's why ive been soooooooo exhausted. I'm on additional vitamins now and an adjusted diet. I had also managed to lose 4lbs over the weekend?!? So the doctor will be tracking my weight more closely. Ive also had disappearing bump syndrome- i wake up with a tiny bump and by the end of the day i look pregnant. Every morning its gone, until on Thursday I woke up and my bump was still there. Yay!

We're off to babies r us to look at strollers. :)

Yeah I can't do panel stuff either. It sucks. I'm constantly hiking myself up and the bands/panels roll down. Ugh.

If you can sew, try making these: https://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/10/maternity-band.html

I'm really interested in these because you can make them perfectly sized to you and your preferences! I haven't tried to make any yet, but I will as soon as I pick up some knits.

Cali- how do you know if its a horrible drug if you have never taken it? Just curious.

And your bump sounds like a food/constipation bump LOL

Cali- how do you know if its a horrible drug if you have never taken it? Just curious.

And your bump sounds like a food/constipation bump LOL

Its a horrible drug because I cant eat/drink for an hour before I take it and 2-3 hours after. I'm supposed to take it three times a day...:shrug: the side effects are kidney issues, nausea and vomiting, constipation, loose stools, headache, back pain...I've just made my diet very bland instead to give my throat/stomach time to heal.

I would have thought the same thing about my bump except it's been there the past three mornings (so not food) and i haven't been constipated at all since ive been eating total and drinking apple juice. My bump has just finally arrived! Ill take a picture tomorrow. :happydance:

If you ladies have a forever 21 near you they have buy one get one free clearance again, and all of their maternity line is on clearance. I got 5 pairs of jeans, a starter kit (leggings/belly panel/tank top) and two extra belly panels for $38 total. I fit into their size 30 maternity jeans and the starter kit is a medium. The belly panels that were not in the kit are snug since they're a medium/large but they're not uncomfortable. I'm wearing one right now and it really firmed and rounded out my belly. Their jeans aren't the full panel jeans either, so they don't slip down.

I also saw dresses, rolldown exercise pants and toooooons of maternity leggings. The dresses go up to 3x now, even in non maternity sizes. I normally don't shop at forever 21 too much because their clothes don't last, but for pregnancy it's great.

I was a 16US prepregnancy, and I fit into target's Liz lange size 12 or 14 pants now.

Forever 21 has a maternity line?!?! OMG!

And Cali I think I misunderstood your baby bump thing, you made it sound like it gets bigger at night, which all of ours do I think :)

Hi ladies! I've been lurking for a while but I had kind of a serious question to ask...

I have just missed my 2 AF (last on started 11/10/11) but I am getting nothing but BFN. I have had a few symptoms here & there. I had dull achey cramps from 12/3 - 12/25 & now they've tapered off, but I still feel them every now & then.
I've heard that weight & having a "borderline" under active thyroid can sometimes effect a positive test. I've also heard of something called a "cryptic pregnancy". I've also been told my weight (225 lbs @ 5'3") can cause this.

I was just wondering if any of you ladies had experienced any of this.

Hi ladies! I've been lurking for a while but I had kind of a serious question to ask...

I have just missed my 2 AF (last on started 11/10/11) but I am getting nothing but BFN. I have had a few symptoms here & there. I had dull achey cramps from 12/3 - 12/25 & now they've tapered off, but I still feel them every now & then.
I've heard that weight & having a "borderline" under active thyroid can sometimes effect a positive test. I've also heard of something called a "cryptic pregnancy". I've also been told my weight (225 lbs @ 5'3") can cause this.

I'm 5'4ish (lol,3" & 3/4) and weight a bunch more than you. I'm 276.7 right now (I weigh in weekly at home) and I'm 18 weeks pregnant. I haven't gained a pound since becoming pregnant. I won't have the best answer for you here, I got my BFP before my AF was due. There are many things that can cause you to miss periods, hormonal imbalances included. Since you've now missed 2 periods I would contact your gynecologist and get the ball rolling to figure out what's going on. Sometimes your body can think it's pregnant and not be, sometimes the egg may have implanted somewhere else causing low hcg levels (though most of the time those are still detectable on HPTs). You may want to have them run some bloodwork including hcg (they won't want to but you'll need to insist), and also doing an ultrasound to rule out any other factors. While I was TTC I read a lot about a lot because I was always hoping I'd be pregnant and it wouldn't show up... so you read things like the person who didn't know for months and months because all the tests were negative and finally they found a baby on ultrasound. I have PCOS but my body was doing a decent job at regulating my periods and what not, I just wasn't ovulating every cycle. My sister has it as well, and her periods have stretched further and further apart. Another close friend used to have to take medication to bring on her periods. I know a few people, personally, who didn't get a BFP until they were almost 3 months along. All in all, I'd say go to the docs and get checked out! That way you can find out if you're pregnant or if there's something else going on. Best of luck. Hope to see you active in here soon!

I'm 5'4ish (lol,3" & 3/4) and weight a bunch more than you. I'm 276.7 right now (I weigh in weekly at home) and I'm 18 weeks pregnant. I haven't gained a pound since becoming pregnant. I won't have the best answer for you here, I got my BFP before my AF was due. There are many things that can cause you to miss periods, hormonal imbalances included. Since you've now missed 2 periods I would contact your gynecologist and get the ball rolling to figure out what's going on. Sometimes your body can think it's pregnant and not be, sometimes the egg may have implanted somewhere else causing low hcg levels (though most of the time those are still detectable on HPTs). You may want to have them run some bloodwork including hcg (they won't want to but you'll need to insist), and also doing an ultrasound to rule out any other factors. While I was TTC I read a lot about a lot because I was always hoping I'd be pregnant and it wouldn't show up... so you read things like the person who didn't know for months and months because all the tests were negative and finally they found a baby on ultrasound. I have PCOS but my body was doing a decent job at regulating my periods and what not, I just wasn't ovulating every cycle. My sister has it as well, and her periods have stretched further and further apart. Another close friend used to have to take medication to bring on her periods. I know a few people, personally, who didn't get a BFP until they were almost 3 months along. All in all, I'd say go to the docs and get checked out! That way you can find out if you're pregnant or if there's something else going on. Best of luck. Hope to see you active in here soon!

I have an appointment on Tuesday at 1:45. Hopefully I will get an answer. I told them I wanted an u/s on the phone & they seemed pretty agreeable about it. I guess we will just have to wait & see.

OH thinks I'm pregnant. He's got two boys already & he says I've been "off my rocker emotional".

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if I can join you? I just got my bfp early this week so I'm still very early in my pregnancy, I am around the 300lb mark so I am a little concerned about any problems I may come across due to my weight.

I hope it's not too personal but can I ask if anyone has felt baby moving yet? and if so, how many weeks did you start feeling it?

Thank you xxx

Being bigger wont stop YOU from feeling baby but it can take longer to feel it externally. I have felt only flutters from week 14 or 15 (i think). Still only feel very slight movement now. Most people can expect to start feeling baby between 18-22 weeks (normal) but some feel it earlier, some later. Everytime I think I feel her and I concentrate on it, it stops. They also say it goes from flutters to kicks overnight. As I typed that I swear I felt a few "flicks".

Thank you for your reply. I can't wait to actually feel something, although my first goal is to see a heartbeat, I can't wait for my first scan, I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow to hopefully get booked in for an early scan, I'm so excited!! xxx

Good luck! I feel a little flick every now and then but most movement I feel feels kinda like a twinge... She is really active right now. Lots of twinges/flicks going from side to side... Not constant but there. You should feel baby more when youre laying down or sitting relaxing. Apparently our movements lull them to sleep, but when we are more still its party time. lol

I started feeling very large kicks on New Years Day. I was almost exactly 21 weeks, and I am bigger as well. I carry all my weight in my stomach and I figured that would affect what I was feeling. Less than a week later I can feel them from the outside. If the baby is head up then they are kicking almost at your pubic bone, and at least for me I don't carry as much weight there than I do up by my belly button. I know when the baby is bigger and flips over I will feel kicks up higher but as for right now that's why I am able to feel them.

Welcome Bell! With my last one I remember being 20 weeks laying in bed feeling like the baby was doing flips inside my tummy nitnis such an amazing experience!

Officially in 2 tri today!!!! So excited. In three weeks I can find out what this little one is :). Hope you all had a great weekend!

@Kendra, LOVE your new pic!

So, there we are... sitting waiting for a burger. I'm just drinking my Sprite... and I felt something. I think I felt the baby ROLL OVER. I felt this brief dragging sensation (like one of the light movements I've been feeling but dragging) for what I would assume to be an inch or two towards the right and at the same time felt this like pushing/wave motion towards the middle of my belly (babys butt, perhaps?). I felt a little bit more a little bit later, like that dragging again but super quick.

Now just a few fluttery-twinges. =)

I don't feel her all the time and some days I don't really notice her much at all... but I absolutely love those moments when I do.

Anatomy scan on Wednesday. Fingers crossed. We'll see if she remains a girl. My sister has me going insane about that. We already have girl stuff so I have my fingers crossed that nothing has sprouted in the meantime.

Welcome Bell! With my last one I remember being 20 weeks laying in bed feeling like the baby was doing flips inside my tummy nitnis such an amazing experience!

Officially in 2 tri today!!!! So excited. In three weeks I can find out what this little one is :). Hope you all had a great weekend!

Congrats on making it to the second trimester!!!

Are you hoping for any gender in particular? We were happy with whatever but since we found out it's a girl at a 3D scan we're hoping it stays the same for the anatomy scan. LOL. We've bought some gender specific stuff.

I'll be at work Monday & Tuesday with a super early morning Tuesday so I won't be on as much but I will be checking in from my phone. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->