Plus-Size Pregnancy

I caught up! Congrats keslinger on the little girl. :) what a beautiful name.

LOL @ CaliGinger... that's the only way I can find it, too. & thanks for the compliment on the name, we love it.

Are you going to find out the sex of your baby?

I'm so frustrated about that glucose test. It turns out my result was 156 (they made me do the 1 hour test even though we all knew I'd fail it). I asked my doctor if I could continue monitoring it at home since I know what it's doing and I'd be able to tell if something else were going on and she said no, that I need to complete the glucose test with the 3 hour test. =\ She said that she knows I have some mild glucose intolerance (duh! PCOS and no meds) but they have to prove that it's not gestational diabetes (my other numbers at home proved that)... I only have 1 vein that they poke for blood, which is pretty beat up now. You're supposed to start low with it and then go higher but they started high and then the second person poked lower. Bleh. I have to wait for a nurse to call me from Kaiser with the instructions for the 3 hour test. I'm glad to know I'll pass it but now, on top of that, I'm just looking at another one in the future between 24 & 26 weeks. She said next time we can skip the 1 hour and just do the 3 hour. I know instructions include eating a high carb diet for a few days before so your body is used to working with the sugars and it's not as big of a shock to it. I felt SO sick from the spike of BG and then that sudden drop. Oh well. Hopefully they'll let me do it Friday, otherwise I'm looking at sometime next week or later whenever I can get a day off.

We're staying team yellow. I love surprises and this way we won't have any gendered clothes/toys to deal with before the baby's here. We're already letting family know that we love bright and bold colors and patterns in any color. :) So excited! We finally told the family and while some Were happier than others we got a generally positive reaction.

That glucose tests sounds absolutely awful, I hope you feel better soon!

I went to the doctor yesterday and everything is going good. I've lost 1 lb. and my blood pressure was 133/67. That's high for me, I'm usually at 110-115/60. The nurse asked if I was nervous. I said YES! I'm dying to see if there's really a baby in me! Everything went great and we were so relieved to see a baby and a heartbeat! It was amazing! I cried as soon as I saw it. The doctor said everything is looking great and gave me a prescription to help with my nausea. And it couldn't have been sooner because today at work I was in the bathroom, dry-heaving and crying. I came home early and took the medicine. It worked so fast and then I slept for 2 hours! I've had nausea for the past 3 weeks or so, but it hit me hard today. It was awful!

But here are some pictures!

Attachments

• Baby.jpg
    Baby.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 11
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 17
AWWW... Congrats LC! I love the picture of you and your hubby...so cute <3

I do my 3 hour test tomorrow. Sometime tonight between 10 and 12 I have to eat half a sandwich and drink a glass of milk. =\ Lame. I'm never up that late... more so on a night after I've been at work from 6am to 6pm. Oh well... it's for the baby, right? LOL

Lovely pictures! Congratulations on seeing your peanut.

Decided to go with the midwife we interviewed. The birthing center is about 1 1/2 hours away but I am not concerned. The drive is pretty and I have a summer due date so driving through the mountains should be uneventful. It was so peaceful and homey there. I liked it a lot.

She did not have any issues with my size or age and said the real information is my medical history (which is pretty boring) and my health (which is pretty good)! So, we have an appointment for our first actual appointment on 1/9 and then a dating u/s on 1/13 to make sure of our due date.

Yesterday, I had some light brown discharge and freaked out. I have not had any bleeding at all since my last period. I know it is common but I still lost it thinking I might be m/c. I had no cramping and the spotting was only once when I wiped (sorry if tmi) and has not happened again.

So, today, I have been an emotional wreck and every little twinge in my abdomen has me concerned. Just trying to relax and not fret.

Saucy, bleeding or spotting is completely normal if you're not having really bad cramps with it. I don't know if you have read from page one but KEslinger had some major bleeding issues as well early on and her pregnancy is going as smooth as can be now! You're still so early your body is probably still adjusting :)

I did read from the beginning and it gives me hope to read all of your stories. Just a nervous first timer here.

Has anyone started using a maternity support belt? My Dr prescribed me one today for the stretching pains. Half my mommy friends don't even know what that is. I am assuming its just because I carry so much weight in my stomach anyway, that its definitely noticeable now that baby is starting to put on weight. It's getting uncomfortable to get up and walk and whatnot. Waaay too early for that crap LOL.

Lovely pictures! Congratulations on seeing your peanut.

Decided to go with the midwife we interviewed. The birthing center is about 1 1/2 hours away but I am not concerned. The drive is pretty and I have a summer due date so driving through the mountains should be uneventful. It was so peaceful and homey there. I liked it a lot.

She did not have any issues with my size or age and said the real information is my medical history (which is pretty boring) and my health (which is pretty good)! So, we have an appointment for our first actual appointment on 1/9 and then a dating u/s on 1/13 to make sure of our due date.

Yesterday, I had some light brown discharge and freaked out. I have not had any bleeding at all since my last period. I know it is common but I still lost it thinking I might be m/c. I had no cramping and the spotting was only once when I wiped (sorry if tmi) and has not happened again.

So, today, I have been an emotional wreck and every little twinge in my abdomen has me concerned. Just trying to relax and not fret.

Kendra is right! I actually had bleeding starting around ovulation for WEEKS AND WEEKS. Brown, pink, red, small clots, you name it. If you're not soaking through a pad in an hour the doctors aren't worried. Mild cramping is fine too. Twinges, normal. :) I'm 17 weeks today and still have spotting off and on. I have/had a subchorionic hematoma that wasn't diagnosed until my NT scan at 13 weeks. The placenta moved away from it so it won't cause harm to our baby, they expect me to have more bleeding, maybe even small clots (which I do still get), but they do expect it to go away on it's own. Fingers crossed that it does.

I just came back from my 3 hour GTT... ANNOYING. 3 hours, 6 sticks, and lots of repositioning later... LOL, I need to eat, I'm getting cranky. I know I didn't pass the first hour, not sure about the second, and I KNOW I passed the third. We'll see!

Oh! And, I've felt flutters and what not in the previous weeks but definitely felt movement today (that can't be passed off onto something else!). <3

:hi: ladies, can't wait till I can feel flutters :cloud9:

I got my 2nd beta back today.. It was 944, doubling time is 35 hours! Think I might finally have my forever baby :)

We are starting to plan my shower...my sis worries me some saying she doesnt believe my early scan... We have an anatomy scan in less than 2 weeks so we will see.

My sister is planning it, I'm kind of a control freak. LOL Not so much control, but I want to like the decorations and invites, ya know? If she stays a girl we're going with a gorgeous butterfly theme that matches the crib set. She's already picked out a place and what not. It'll be nice. We had a lot of differences in opinions at first but I've backed off a bunch and have come around to her ideas.

I went to the doctor yesterday and everything is going good. I've lost 1 lb. and my blood pressure was 133/67. That's high for me, I'm usually at 110-115/60. The nurse asked if I was nervous. I said YES! I'm dying to see if there's really a baby in me! Everything went great and we were so relieved to see a baby and a heartbeat! It was amazing! I cried as soon as I saw it. The doctor said everything is looking great and gave me a prescription to help with my nausea. And it couldn't have been sooner because today at work I was in the bathroom, dry-heaving and crying. I came home early and took the medicine. It worked so fast and then I slept for 2 hours! I've had nausea for the past 3 weeks or so, but it hit me hard today. It was awful!

But here are some pictures!

Love the pics!

Are you taking zofran? That's what I've usedwhen it's gotten bad, andit's been so helpful.

We went for my 16 week appointment yesterday and my doctor was a complete &!:#:#*@*?!!! My OH was in the room as he wanted to hear the heartbeat and the doctor only let us hear four beats! FOUR! He then asked me how I was doing and I told him about my crippling left hip pain so he moved my leg around and said it was normal, and to just take two tylenol twice a day. Oh and do yoga. I asked about an anatomy scan and he said our insurance only pays for two scans and I have to wait until 32 weeks for the 4D. I don't want a 4D and I asked if we could do a 20 week scan instead and he said yes. When I tried to book it the receptionist wouldn't let me! She told.me the 4D scan is a courtesy and thus is not covered by insurance, so we cant elect a different one. So basically state insurance only covers 1 scan. According to my horrible doctor's office, that is. And the NT scan was covered through a study I'm part of, so I technically haven't had any scans through my insurance ...my OH is totally with me now aboutnmy doctor being an absolute a$$. :(

Hi ladies!

Posted on here months ago but have been so preoccupied I forgot about it :( how are my lovely curvy ladies doing?

This is my 21 week bump :happydance: finally kinda showing! I carry most of my weight on my tummy.

Also, before I got pregnant I lost 2st, and since being pregnant I've lost nearly 7lb! How very odd LOL happened to my mum aswell.

Attachments

• Untitled copy.jpg
    Untitled copy.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe