Plus-Size Pregnancy

I went to the doctor yesterday and everything is going good. I've lost 1 lb. and my blood pressure was 133/67. That's high for me, I'm usually at 110-115/60. The nurse asked if I was nervous. I said YES! I'm dying to see if there's really a baby in me! Everything went great and we were so relieved to see a baby and a heartbeat! It was amazing! I cried as soon as I saw it. The doctor said everything is looking great and gave me a prescription to help with my nausea. And it couldn't have been sooner because today at work I was in the bathroom, dry-heaving and crying. I came home early and took the medicine. It worked so fast and then I slept for 2 hours! I've had nausea for the past 3 weeks or so, but it hit me hard today. It was awful!

But here are some pictures!

Love the pics!

Are you taking zofran? That's what I've usedwhen it's gotten bad, andit's been so helpful.

Yeah, he put me on zofran. That stuff is amazing! I've only taken it once, I can deal with a lot of the nausea, ginger tea helps me a ton! But that day at work, oh man, I would have been so, so miserable if I didn't have that!

Thank you ladies for a great thread. We are no longer pregnant so I will probably be more of a lurker until something changes for us. The worst new year's ever.

I'm so sorry Saucy! :( Sending you lots of love and prayers.

Thank you ladies for a great thread. We are no longer pregnant so I will probably be more of a lurker until something changes for us. The worst new year's ever.

Aw, I'm so sorry. Hope to see you back soon, take good care of yourself.

Last night I started having some cramping and pain in my lower abdomen and dizziness every time I stood or sat up from laying. I woke up this morning feeling the same way. I called to make an appointment with ob/gyn, but before making an appointment they wanted me to be assessed by a nurse. After talking to the nurse, I was to stay home, in bed, laying on the side that had pain. The nurse suspects the pain is ligament pain and the dizziness isn't so bad that he was worried. Of course, if anything gets worse, I need to go to the ER or urgent care. So, I stayed home, I have an appointment tomorrow with ob/gyn, and now my right hip hurts from laying on it all day! No symptoms got worse, none got better :[ Luckily my boss was surprisingly supportive (I was a bit worried because I left work early on Thursday because of vomiting, then was off Friday-Monday, and now called in Tuesday and maybe Wednesday...) but he actually called me after work today to see if I was feeling better and to make sure everything was going to be ok :) From the fatigue, the nausea, and now the dizziness and pains... I'm ready for the second trimester. Have any of you had dizziness or ligament pain? What helped?

Just got my maternity jeans from motherhood. The petite 2x fit awesome. I am a bit bloated today but I know I will need them after week 22 for sure when my uterus passes my belly button. I wanted them now... Waiting for the day I cant zip my other jeans! Haha. They are stretchy and fit really well... I would say that they run pretty true to size. Im not sure if they are available in store... I think I will be buying my shirts from target and old navy since tops go to xxl and are cheaper. I have a vouple of gift cards to use at other plus size stores... Going to try and find empire waisted shirts lol. Oh! And the belly nand really helps smoothh out the rolls.

17w6d. End of the 4th month... hopefully at the end of week 22 my belly will be more rounded/pronounced and I look more pregnant. These pants really smooth out the "B". This is the first pic I've taken of my "bump" and will follow up with one around 22 weeks as well.

386427_2587691407010_1096297930_32438916_1107696187_n.jpg

383585_2587689846971_1096297930_32438913_892145497_n.jpg

Sorry the pics are huge, had to upload a different way this time.

You look beautiful :) I don't know how I feel about belly bands, maybe because I am between the two sizes, I am stuck between the L and XL and the L is way too tight and the XL not tight enough, so neither one does for me what it should. I'm always hiking my pants up too. I hate having all gut and no butt, that's for sure. Your jeans look cute are those the Motherhood ones?

Yup! & I got the motherhood tummy sleeve, for more support with your size get the regular size. I have the plus, it isnt tight enough yet but does help to smooth things out or at least help it appear that way. Cant wait til my belly pops more later. Totally jealous of your bump!!!

Great pics, KE! You look like a lovely pregnant lady.

had to poke my nose in and say hi again :)
KEslinger you look awesome :) what a pretty bump! I refuse to have my pic taken right now so kudos to you for being so brave hehe. I have grown to the size of a house >.<

Glad to see everyone is doing so well!

@jules, do it! Without those pants I have a huge B belly. I am almost halfway through the pregnancy and thats the first picture I have taken. I didnt want to regret it. Remember, here, we are all plus-size ladies. No judgment. :)

From here on out I will take a picture at the end of each "month"... Next at 22+6 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->