Plus-Size Pregnancy

So do you girls think if I book a 3d scan THIS Saturday at 15+5 they may be able to tell gender? I am afraid they will not be able to because I'm overweight :(

I had a 4d scan at 27 weeks with my daughter and I was really worried they wouldn't be able to see anything because I was overweight but I could see her clear as day. I had already found out she was a girl at 20 weeks. I think they would be able to tell you gender at 15+5 but maybe you would get a more certain answer if you left it a bit longer. xx

Hi again ladies. It's been awhile since I've been on, and it will be rare that I'm back on. I just don't have the time anymore. In my blood work, they found I'm a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis. We are testing the donor to see if he is. If he is, we have some serious things to consider and will most likely do an amnio soon. Also, my mom is very sick and the doctor has run many tests, only to find nothing wrong. They are doing some scans tomorrow and are suspecting cancer. This could be her second battle with cancer. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the thought and the possibility of our child having cystic fibrosis. I'm doing my best to take it one step at a time, but it's hard to keep the emotions at bay.

I wish you all the best with your pregnancies and with your new little ones :)

Praying for you, hun! Hugs

See, the chunks kill it for me. LOL. I can't do salty. I can't do different textures (they totally turn me off to food in general). Fruit sounds really good, actually. I've just gotta get to the store on Friday. The biggest problem is that NOTHING sounds good. I'll be sure to throw in a banana and string cheese for snacks. =) I want to be able to enjoy a salad with grilled chicken but I just can't right now. Hopefully that passes quickly so I can go about eating how I should. My friend turned me on to PB&J sandwiches and they actually didn't turn my appetite off. I'll have to switch it up and do PB&apple or banana. Make for a good solid breakfast anyway. We do a lot of leftovers for lunches the next day.

this is me! NOTHING tastes good. i like fruit a lot, you would think i would be shrinking instead of growing...if just a little.

I'd like to join! But im a tad ahead my due date is april 1st and I am 15 weeks on the dot. I am 25 and where a size US14-16 prepreg and still. This is my first baby and I havent gained any weight. I am 5'11'' and weigh 230lbs.
Since I have noticed that some here are already mommy's I was wondering if i could ask you some questions about your previous pregnancies? When did you started gaining weight? Did your boobs get bigger (mine are already 38DDDs, how much bigger could they get)!!?? Could strangers tell that you were expecting and around what week did it show? could you feel the baby move on the outside of all the fat? I hope these questions arent too personal as I am dying to know. :flower:thank you!!:hugs:

i am just jumping in, as i want to join also. i am at 230 yikes, not nearly as tall. i have already gained 10 pounds...was at 220 my first prenatal exam. and i am only supposed to gain 10-15 pounds. (this was said at my 230 mark.)

my first pregnancy i was in an 8/10...and i went on bedrest my last trimester and ballooned right up. i have pretty much been battling my weight ever since.

my boobs have always been i was going to say large, but not after your size! i went up a cup size...from a C to a D when I was pregnant the first time.

i wear a 14/16/18..i swear clothes manufacturers are loopy.

So do you girls think if I book a 3d scan THIS Saturday at 15+5 they may be able to tell gender? I am afraid they will not be able to because I'm overweight :(

So, for my 3D scan I was 15+2. Ahead of time I had contacted the person who does the scan about my concerns. If you have an experienced technician, who knows what they're doing and is using good equipment there should be no problem. If there is a concern, wait a couple of weeks. I was 270 something (and I'm only 5'4") when I had my scan done ... the baby didn't cooperate at first but we ended up getting a clear shot at it. They told me girl at my anatomy scan last week and we're rechecking the scan today (they couldn't get her facial measurements, she was face-down in breech with her hand in front of her face)... I'll be having them recheck the gender, too. =) LOL We got some decent shots that I can send to your e-mail if you want, just send it to me in a PM and I can send you the pics from my 3D scan at 15+2. Up to you! But there is hope.

Baby is awake right now. My scan is in an hour and a half... I had a big ol bowl of cereal... and I'll be drinking some juice here soon to try and keep her moving!

Marisa- I think it could go either way but if baby is not cooperating you probably won't get anything. My guess is unless baby is perfectly still and completely spread eagle you won't get a "definite" answer, just a guess, and then you'll still feel like you don't know what's what LOL

Mine was pretty clear at 18 weeks but I am still only about 80% sure and not taking tags off anything yet. I don't think I will get another scan until 30 weeks unless something happens before then where they would need to check baby.

At my scan today I got just what I wanted, they didn't. Our baby is DEFINITELY a girl. For the first time she had her legs wide open... the last two they had to kinda coax her into moving to show the goods. So, I got my triple check on the gender, and, a great profile shot of her. They got a bunch more pictures of her heart, all 4 chambers working, etc. But couldn't get the left side. After I got what I wanted she rolled into her breech face down and stayed that way. They also didn't get the measurements they wanted for lips/nose. However, after listening to me, the sonographer had me roll partially towards the left and got clearer shots of the heart and some more of the face, not everything they needed but they SHOULDN'T want me to come for a return scan. They couldn't get the measurements but they got a great shot of her mouth open (yawning)... I had apple juice and what not before my scan but they lady was running late by more than 30 minutes which kinda missed the sugar spike. They tried for an hour and a half before calling it quits. Annoying.

Hey guys, thought I'd join. When I was pregnant with my first I gain 60 pounds :nope: And haven't lost any of it since birth 14 months ago haha. So here I am, 5 weeks pregnant, and 241lbs. I plan on trying to maintain the weight I'm at (since obviously I can support another human lol) I am pretty sure I will be advised not to gain weight. And I learned my lesson with my first!
I hope that my weight won't negatively affect this pregnancy or the baby, I want to make sure I eat very healthy and will probably start going on a walk every day with LO rather than just a couple times a week.

With my first LO I went in at 14 weeks (at 200lbs) and they told me she was a girl with a 3D/4D scan and told me they were 99% sure. They were correct! :thumbup:

Hey guys, thought I'd join. When I was pregnant with my first I gain 60 pounds :nope: And haven't lost any of it since birth 14 months ago haha. So here I am, 5 weeks pregnant, and 241lbs. I plan on trying to maintain the weight I'm at (since obviously I can support another human lol) I am pretty sure I will be advised not to gain weight. And I learned my lesson with my first!
I hope that my weight won't negatively affect this pregnancy or the baby, I want to make sure I eat very healthy and will probably start going on a walk every day with LO rather than just a couple times a week.

Welcome. :flower:

I'd like to join! But im a tad ahead my due date is april 1st and I am 15 weeks on the dot. I am 25 and where a size US14-16 prepreg and still. This is my first baby and I havent gained any weight. I am 5'11'' and weigh 230lbs.
Since I have noticed that some here are already mommy's I was wondering if i could ask you some questions about your previous pregnancies? When did you started gaining weight? Did your boobs get bigger (mine are already 38DDDs, how much bigger could they get)!!?? Could strangers tell that you were expecting and around what week did it show? could you feel the baby move on the outside of all the fat? I hope these questions arent too personal as I am dying to know. :flower:thank you!!:hugs:

i am just jumping in, as i want to join also. i am at 230 yikes, not nearly as tall. i have already gained 10 pounds...was at 220 my first prenatal exam. and i am only supposed to gain 10-15 pounds. (this was said at my 230 mark.)

my first pregnancy i was in an 8/10...and i went on bedrest my last trimester and ballooned right up. i have pretty much been battling my weight ever since.

my boobs have always been i was going to say large, but not after your size! i went up a cup size...from a C to a D when I was pregnant the first time.

i wear a 14/16/18..i swear clothes manufacturers are loopy.

And welcome to you, too. :)

17- I was 238 going into this pregnancy and my Dr has not said one thing about my weight so far. Depending on the day I am sitting about 10 lbs over that at this point. Not too bad I don't think for eating like a total cow most of the time LOL

So I called to book a 3d ultrasound for Saturday they didn't have any available appointments. But she did have one left for tomorrow (Friday!) at 5:45!!! I told her my concerns about it being to early and me being over weight. She said it shouldn't be a problem. I am excited/nervous. I'll be 15+5. Wondering if I will finally get a baby girl. Or if I am going to be blessed with another handsome son! It's going to be a long day tomorrow :)

So I called to book a 3d ultrasound for Saturday they didn't have any available appointments. But she did have one left for tomorrow (Friday!) at 5:45!!! I told her my concerns about it being to early and me being over weight. She said it shouldn't be a problem. I am excited/nervous. I'll be 15+5. Wondering if I will finally get a baby girl. Or if I am going to be blessed with another handsome son! It's going to be a long day tomorrow :)

Good luck!!!

And, don't forget to let us know!

Hey ladies, hoping i can join you, i am a plus size woman too!

Had my first midwife appointment and was dreading her going on about my weight especially as my fiance came. But she was great she just asked if i wanted to be referred to see a dietician. She said it was a new thing on the nhs, and i could decline if i wanted to. She said that i would have my gestational diabetes test earlier because of my elevated bmi and family history and i would have an extra growth scan and see an anaesthetist further on.

So all in all it was okay!

Just worried that i won't show early

:flower:

17- I was 238 going into this pregnancy and my Dr has not said one thing about my weight so far. Depending on the day I am sitting about 10 lbs over that at this point. Not too bad I don't think for eating like a total cow most of the time LOL

10lbs isn't bad at all! If i could go to 40 weeks and only gain 10lbs I would be a happy camper :thumbup:

Halfway there!!!
weight gain still 0... 1/2# gain on a random day. My doctor is fine with it. Next checkup 2/8. Still not showing without those maternity jeans, lol. Another pic to come in 2 weeks. :)

I'll be sure to let you ladies know how the scan goes :)

I am up 7 lbs. That is good for me. With previous pregnancies I would have been up at least 14 lbs by now. My goal to gain no more than 20 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->