Plus-Size Pregnancy

I agree, you won't get much of a quality picture through the abdomen at 5-6 weeks either. There is only going to be a sac pretty much. Were you farther along last time though?

I have no idea how far along I am. The ticker is just a guess. I only have one ovary so my periods are off. I am 5-9 weeks along though. I would HOPE they use the internal because I have heard about only being able to see the sac MAYBE a fetal pole through the external ultrasound early on.

And I was 7 weeks 0 days last time with the internal, we heard the heartbeat though. It was the most amazing moment ever. The tech told us it was very rare she heard such a strong heartbeat at 7 weeks.

I am sure you will get the internal. It would be a waste of time to do it abdominally at this stage. I did not have an abdominal ultrasound until my gender one at 18 weeks. I don't think that was weight related either as the Dr between 12-18 weeks was able to use the fetal doppler on my stomach in the meantime.

How's everyone doing today? I love the days that I'm home, or after a long day of work - standing, moving, walking, etc. I feel the baby a lot more when I'm just kinda relaxing. Today she's kicking pretty low. =) Not super hard and not constant but I definitely feel her. I love the big kick she gave the other day when OH had asked if I felt her kick at all during the day, about a second later I got a nice lil thump.

I am good KEslinger :) I can't wait to feel this one moving around! That is honestly the most magical thing ever!

I had another u/s last night and she still isn't sure of gender. My amniotic fluid is low and making it hard to get a good picture. I have an appointment with my doctor on Thursday since I am a little concerned about it. She still is pretty sure she saw the three lines. She showed us and it looked like three lines to us. But she wants the 'money' shot before she will say 100%.

Hope you are enjoying your day at home!!

Marisa

17thy, ask for both! internal and external im 10 wks and I have had to internals with my Dr she couldnt find anything in there and thought well i think you lost both instead of just the one twin, but she wanted to be since i had complications so far, she was going to only do an internal but i said can we try the external and on the left lower side, and sure enough there is the little bean! heard the heartbeat an everything! i figure if ur paying for an ultrasound anyways have them do both just to be sure! she was amazed to find him said she shouldnt be able to see him just yet as i was 7wks along then but i knew the little bean was there i had seen him a week earlier at the ER, its doesnt hurt them to look both ways, and if they arent willing then idk what to say! but Im a big girl and we got both top scan visible bean at 7 wks and 9 wks :) gl!

I had my first scan today at 7 weeks, they did it abdominally, i didn't think they would though. Saw baby's heart beating which was amazing. On my notes though it states that the ultrasound had a restricted view due to my rasied bmi.

But the sonographer was lovely and didn't mention it, just can't believe they could see a baby on my tummy through all the flab!

:flower:

haha you have to love Dr speak! when i was in the hospital i had to get my records I had a great Dr she was really cool, on her notes about me she said "the patient was a very pleasant obese young woman" well at least she said i was very pleasant!

I got both done, they saw a gest. sac and a yolk sac. I'm about as far along as my ticker said originally! :D Ultrasound is in my sig.

Can I join.. I'm a size 18, 266 lbs before BFP, I think I'm 7 wks 2 days. US tmrw bc of low progesterone :/ 6.1 ..... on suppositories

Hello to everyone, how are you? I've been really busy lately and this thread is moving fast! The baby has been moving quite a bit lately and has gotten in a few good thumps. The other day I was showing my OH how my uterus is at my belly button and when I pressed down I felt the bump press back! Super freaky. I can tell where the baby is now as one part of my bump will be harder than the rest. Sunday night my belly was pointy on the right side! So odd.

I was promoted at work and I'm getting a 50% raise (that should show you how little I made to begin with!) so things are looking a bit up. I'll have 14 weeks of paid leave at 55% of my pay, so that combined with my vacation time should mean I'll take 4 months off.

Has anyone done a private ultrasound? We're thinking of doing meet your baby or prenatal peek since our families are losing their minds right now since we're not finding out the sex.

We went to our WIC appointment last Friday right after lunch an le when they weighed me I hadn't gained any weight. I'm actually under the weight they had listed by 6lbs but apparently three glasses of water, fries, and half a sandwich weigh a lot!! They chastised me gently for my lack of lbs but I just figure nothing I do will make them happy.

I have an appointment this Thursday so we'll see what the doctor says. It's my 20 week appointment so I have no idea what to expect since my doctor won't do an anatomy scan. I'm looking into switching but I haven't found a decent doctor in my area yet.

can ANYONE tell me where to buy cute plus size maternity clothes? I'm in the US and I know Motherhood Maternity have some but I feel like they are kind of frumpy and have a small selection. Oldnavy has some but I don't really like those either, lol. Maybe one or two things here and there but I don't want to have to shop at 5 different stores to buy one outfit. Do you have to buy maternity other than pants? Can't you just buy larger tops and maternity pants? I'm trying to think ahead to plan with my budget. I still fit in my clothes now but I'm getting worried!

There is a BIG difference between Motherhood's regular and plus sized clothes. I was able to order an XL shirt from their regular line and it fit fine with room to grow. I am currently about 250 and 5'4" and carry most of my weight in my stomach. But I don't like their plus line, not cute!

Old Navy's sizes are very generous as well, I can wear an XL pretty comfortably in their maternity line.

I heard Torrid has cute maternity clothes too but I think they're spendy?

Hi ladies, just tried to have a quick look through the whole thread so I apologise if this has already been discussed but I was just wondering what you ladies thought of dopplers and at how many weeks you have been able to hear the heartbeat? Im about 300lbs and unsure if it would be worth investing in one because Im not sure if Ill be able to hear it due to my weight, thank you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->