Plus-Size Pregnancy

Anyone else just flat out exhausted at this point?! I usually have Tuesdays off but had to work today to even out my schedule (I have appointments on Wednesday and Thursday) - my boss had only scheduled me to work Monday and Saturday and unfortunately I can't pay my bills with 2 days of work. Blah. Today is going to be just as crazy as yesterday, too. Oh well. Another week and a half(ish) of this place.

Also found out that Kaiser won't look in my electronic file to confirm my dates so I have to find that out tomorrow and hope that everything is right. They also told me it's going to take like 10 days to process everything which isn't amusing to me.

Anyone else just flat out exhausted at this point?! I usually have Tuesdays off but had to work today to even out my schedule (I have appointments on Wednesday and Thursday) - my boss had only scheduled me to work Monday and Saturday and unfortunately I can't pay my bills with 2 days of work. Blah. Today is going to be just as crazy as yesterday, too. Oh well. Another week and a half(ish) of this place.

Also found out that Kaiser won't look in my electronic file to confirm my dates so I have to find that out tomorrow and hope that everything is right. They also told me it's going to take like 10 days to process everything which isn't amusing to me.

I am really tired at just5 weeks. I thought it would take longer for that symptom. :nope:

Ugh Kes I am soooooo tired! I was dozing off by like 11 today :(

34+5 growth scan: Alyssa is head down, completely pressed against my cervix and still sunny-side-up. Her head is perfectly round (I was told good luck pushing her out, most babies heads are more oblong) & she has some hair. Her head and belly measure at 35 weeks even. Her femurs measure at 36+4 (almost 2 weeks further along). Right now she weighs about 5# 10oz, with an adjusted due date of 6/5. Mommys face, daddys height.

We'll find out more about my cervix, her station and what not at my appointment next week.

They did my blood pressure, urine dipstick and weight today. Everything was perfect and somehow I lost 2 pounds.

Great news keslinger! I have no idea about any of those things for us as we havent had an ultrasound since 13 weeks.

We've managed to scrape up enough money to pay our bills. All that's left now is to clean the house and wait. :) the baby has been very active the past few days and I can discern limbs and feet. It feels really strange but I've grown to love it. Its the only part of being pregnant that I enjoy.

Ugh, today has been terrible. Having pains alllllllll day long, I am really hoping this much pain leads to something tonight!!!

Great news keslinger! I have no idea about any of those things for us as we havent had an ultrasound since 13 weeks.

We've managed to scrape up enough money to pay our bills. All that's left now is to clean the house and wait. :) the baby has been very active the past few days and I can discern limbs and feet. It feels really strange but I've grown to love it. Its the only part of being pregnant that I enjoy.

Unfortunately my check was short. We are barely scraping by... Cable/internet are off again for now. Priorities. My prenatal appointments are free, labs are only $10 if not part of my appointment, and ultrasounds are $10. Not too bad. Labor and delivery will run us $500, they bill you. I got all my SDI/PFL info today and a verification of treatment from my doctor. I can't believe how long it is going to take to process though. 3-4 weeks on top of kaisers 7-10 days. I cant turn it in until the 5th. Lame. My doctor has me on sdi from 5/11 to 7/20... Could be longer if she is late or I have to have a c-section. PFL goes for 6 weeks (til 8/31) then 2 weeks vacation takes me til 9/14. Hopefully we can afford it. I can't wait until she is here. Couple more weeks til full term. :)

On another note, the pack n play shipped to my dads, travel system is on its way... And the glider/ottoman he is picking up this weekend. :)

I am trying to get my boss to give me my vacation up front. Wont know about that until next week. He leaves for China for a month on my first day of disability. this next week will be interesting.

So close now for some of you! Very exciting to follow the progress!

I hear you about the finances. I quit work on Friday, and I won't have any money coming in, the VA screwed up my husbands monthly stipend and that could take 6-8 weeks to correct, and lastly the notice we got from unemployment today stated that my husbands benefits are now exhausted even though he is supposed to continue to get them while he's in college. So yeah, love knowing we have zero dollars coming in right now.

Yikes. :(
it is such a stressful matter anyway, add a new baby to the mix and its so hard to keep your chin up and not be stressed out 24/7.

On a different note... (tmi) we started perineal massage tonight. Owie! I no longer think my area is made to have a baby come out of it. Lol I know it will get easier but still! Haha

Unfortunately my check was short. We are barely scraping by... Cable/internet are off again for now. Priorities. My prenatal appointments are free, labs are only $10 if not part of my appointment, and ultrasounds are $10. Not too bad. Labor and delivery will run us $500, they bill you. I got all my SDI/PFL info today and a verification of treatment from my doctor. I can't believe how long it is going to take to process though. 3-4 weeks on top of kaisers 7-10 days. I cant turn it in until the 5th. Lame. My doctor has me on sdi from 5/11 to 7/20... Could be longer if she is late or I have to have a c-section. PFL goes for 6 weeks (til 8/31) then 2 weeks vacation takes me til 9/14. Hopefully we can afford it. I can't wait until she is here. Couple more weeks til full term. :)

On another note, the pack n play shipped to my dads, travel system is on its way... And the glider/ottoman he is picking up this weekend. :)

I am trying to get my boss to give me my vacation up front. Wont know about that until next week. He leaves for China for a month on my first day of disability. this next week will be interesting.

You must have good insurance! my prenatal visits labs ultra sounds and hospital stay will cost us $6000 out of pocket.:dohh:

Ugh, today has been terrible. Having pains alllllllll day long, I am really hoping this much pain leads to something tonight!!!

That is so exciting! I hope it turns into something for you too! I have never gone into labor :( I was induced with my first and the last two were scheduled csections. I am really praying for a vbac with this one. But in order to have a vbac I would have to go into labor on my own. And if that doesn't happen before 38 weeks it will probably mean another csection for me. They likely won't induce me because of the two previous csections. Very excited for you!

Well I went in for my appointment and the Dr said that I wasn't very dilated but cervix was very thin and baby's head very low. He didn't give a dilation measurement but I am assuming it has to mean like a 2 if he wasn't concerned about it. I told him I had been experiencing decreased fetal movement and so he sent me for an NST where at that point the baby was moving around so much that a nurse had to sit there for 20 minutes and hold the monitor down on baby because the Dr wouldn't let me go until we could get 20 minutes of uninterrupted baby heart rate. I felt awful that they had to take the time to do that for me when it was obvious that after I got there baby was perfectly fine. I think it was because baby moved to the other side of my belly during the night so his movements didn't feel the same to me and I automatically thought there was an issue. So now lucky me I get to go back to twice weekly appointments for monitoring until I have him. Hoping this whole full moon thing has some logic to it and that I will have him over the weekend!

Glad it's nothing, though, Kendra! You were right to be cautious, I'd say.

I have twice weekly NSTs from 32 weeks on! Not looking forward to that.

Glad it's nothing, though, Kendra! You were right to be cautious, I'd say.

I have twice weekly NSTs from 32 weeks on! Not looking forward to that.

I love NST's! I love getting to see baby and listen to the heartbeat twice a week :)

Alas, I don't get to see the baby at mine. I do get to hear her heartbeat, though, so that is nice. :) It's my own fault for choosing an ob across town.

It wears on you when you're working full time and there are other things you could be doing. I was there for like 90 minutes today and it was all my own fault cause I was paranoid. I mean obviously it was the right thing for me to do but still it sucked.

OMFG. I don't know what happened over night. About 2 hours into my sleep both of my hips and my pelvis were extremely painful (I didn't sleep for beans). My hips are still like that now, it feels like everything is being pushed outward. And, the baby has dropped even more. How is that even possible with her head pushing completely against my cervix?! My bump even looks smaller because it's dropped a significant amount over night.

35 weeks in with 5 weeks to go. 2 'til full term. I have a list of stuff to get done before 5/19 (full term) and I'm hoping she stays in there that long. So much to do. OMG. Help. LOL

I have my doctors appointment next week to check progression, strep B test, etc. I'm a little anxious for it.

I brought my verification of treatment for my boss, not that he needs it, but it'd be nice to have in my file. I don't even have to fill out FMLA stuff because we don't have a formal maternity leave, he just asked me what days I'd be gone (tentatively). Not sure if that's good or bad.

I'm waiting for the baby to wake up and be more active so I can see if the exercise ball and what not worked to turn her.

We shall see.

I'm at the point where I'm gonna have to take naps during the day to survive, because I can't sleep through the night anymore, my hips hurt too badly :( and pelvis. My Dr said yesterday, you must be having a lot of pain and pressure aren't you? Um, YES, thank you for reminding me.

I hope everyone is doing a little better this week. :hugs:

I hate this waiting game to get my first apt and scan. :nope:

I'm also getting excited/nervous that I'm starting a new job in June. It is a temporary learning experience that spans June - August. I'm a little nervous about having to share that I am pregnant. My current boss advised me not to tell them. But I do research, so I am a little nervous that I need to tell them for safety reasons. I guess there is an unwritten rule of don't ask, don't tell.... :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->