Plus-Size Pregnancy

I had my baby boy on Cinco de Mayo, here is my birth story on my pregnancy journal :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-journals/741088-first-pregnancy-33.html#post17807549

Conratulations KendraNoell

Can I ask you ladies, as this is a plus size group, when did your bumps become hard? I'm loads bigger than I was to start with but bump still feels completely flabby cant wait for it to harden or take more shape xx

Mines started to go a lot harder in last week or so, n when laid down been solid for a few weeks lol. still soft bit at the bottom but think thats left over baby tum from my lovely daughter I never shifted! x

Kendra!!!! Woot!! So exciting. Congratulations.

I am no help on the bump question. At 10 weeks, I am still more bloat than baby or at least that is how it appears to me.

Congrats Kendra!!! He is so handsome! Hope he is letting you sleep....at least a little!! :)

Conratulations KendraNoell

Can I ask you ladies, as this is a plus size group, when did your bumps become hard? I'm loads bigger than I was to start with but bump still feels completely flabby cant wait for it to harden or take more shape xx

Mine got noticeably harder around 24 weeks. I love it! Still plenty of flab on me at the sides and below the waist, but it's consistently harder above, and I can tell my own fundal heigh now by feeling the top of my uterus.

Mine started to get harder around 23-24 weeks.

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes :)

Congratulations Kendra, he's gorgeous (but I'm sure I don't have to tell you that :) )

I'm glad you asked the question MrsB. I'm 5 days behind you and whilst the bottom of my belly is getting harder, everything is getting pushed up so my top belly just sticks out and I think I now look really fat instead of just quite fat :blush: OH insists it looks like a bump but I'm not convinced!

I hope everyone is doing a little better this week. :hugs:

I hate this waiting game to get my first apt and scan. :nope:

I'm also getting excited/nervous that I'm starting a new job in June. It is a temporary learning experience that spans June - August. I'm a little nervous about having to share that I am pregnant. My current boss advised me not to tell them. But I do research, so I am a little nervous that I need to tell them for safety reasons. I guess there is an unwritten rule of don't ask, don't tell.... :wacko:
Hope this group is still going. I only found out a week ago, typically wear a size 16 - although that will change in the next while....
This is #1 for DH and I.
Good to see the great outcomes for you all!
Is it me or do all the preggo books say that if you're overweight you're doomed (pretty much) Nice to see that's not exactly the case :)

No way! I don't know what stuff you've been looking at but everything I have read just says basically the more overweight you are the more you need to monitor what you're gaining because you shouldn't gain as much.

Word of hope to those of you wondering how long it will take you to lose the weight... I gained only 15 lbs up until the last couple weeks of my pregnancy when I started to retain water and I shot up another 10-12 lbs. It has only been 6 days since my son was born and I am down 22 lbs. Only 7 of it is baby so 15 is a combo of water and placenta/afterbirth/etc. I am very pleased!

No way! I don't know what stuff you've been looking at but everything I have read just says basically the more overweight you are the more you need to monitor what you're gaining because you shouldn't gain as much.

Word of hope to those of you wondering how long it will take you to lose the weight... I gained only 15 lbs up until the last couple weeks of my pregnancy when I started to retain water and I shot up another 10-12 lbs. It has only been 6 days since my son was born and I am down 22 lbs. Only 7 of it is baby so 15 is a combo of water and placenta/afterbirth/etc. I am very pleased!

Wow! Nice weight loss! Hope everything is going well x

Ive lost two stone with this pregnancy, who knew that be only the only time in my life I managed too loose weight! lol x

I am the same way after childbirth. My last son I gaind...ready....60 lbs! :blush: I know not good. But I was down 40 lbs by the 3 week mark. So far this pregnancy I have gained 20 lbs so I am hoping that at the most I gain 10 more lbs in the next 8 weeks. Thinking I will drop the weight fairly fast. Breastfeeding also helps...alot!

Sorry I've been MIA ladies. Finances are very tight so we're down internet and cable. =\ Oh well.

On to other things, did my 36 week check up. My blood pressure was high (but I was talking while it was getting done, too) so they're setting me up with a monitor for at home. And, I have blood in my urine but no infection... the blood has been there the last few times (microscopic, you can't see it) SO, if that doesn't go away I have to see a urologist after the baby is born. I started my maternity leave today... still trying to finish stuff up around the house - just tidying up really. We get our carseat this weekend. And, I start my weekly appointments now. I still get a ton of braxton hicks and discharge is picking up some. Can't wait for this baby to get here but I'm hoping that she makes it til at least 38 weeks... we're expecting a 7 1/2 to 8 pound baby if she's full term.

As far as weight gain goes... I lost more weight again. =\ Not leaking fluid or anything, just lost weight. I wish my metabolism was like this when I'm not pregnant. Now, once again, I'm 1 pound below my prepregnancy weight. I have minimal swelling -- I did take my ring off because my hands swell at night... and I only get swelling in my ankles if I'm doing to much.

I was told that being overweight doesn't necessarily doom your pregnancy but that you need to be careful of your gain and that you're also at a higher risk of developing certain things during pregnancy. (Gestational Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Preeclampsia, etc) But, do realize, EVERYONE has these risks. I know a lot of skinny people with high risk pregnancies, too.

I've got 4 weeks to go, CaliGinger is right behind me by a day!

Oh, and, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE! I know it's a tad bit early -- but! I had to!

Left to do: pack my hospital bag (lol, yeah I know), buy nursing bras and slippers. Everything else is set, I hope. My dad and his wife are still buying stuff like crazy. It's kinda nice... new bed pillows? Sign me up!

I feel like I'm always going to be forgetting something but I know it'll all settle into place.

I'll try and log on tomorrow -- if I can steal internet again. LOL

Congrats on making it to your maternity leave! You're so close now. :)

Oh I can't wait to get to my maternity leave :D Not long now, it's so exciting :happydance:

You've done very well with your weight. I have been eating like a horse the last couple of days so might not be keeping that 21lbs off for much longer. I don't mind as long as baby stays healthy but I don't want to even get to pre-pregnancy weight if I can help it. I'll just have to keep an eye on it.

Happy mothers day everyone!!!!!

11 weeks today and so happy.

I am not sure how much weight I will gain. I have had no real appetite for a while which has helped. My midwife is not concerned. She just says eat healthy and, when I have the energy, walk. So, I am trying even though I am to wiped out for anything these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->