Plus-Size Pregnancy

Today is our baby shower hosted by my OH's parents and I feel anxiety because its going to be HOT and I will not be outside in the sun no matter who thinks I should. They're also not having cake because they don't eat it. :( is it bad form if I bring cupcakes??? :)

I've been too tired to clean and my OH is too busy doing other things. I work an 8 1/2 hour day and have an hour commute each way. I'm up at 4:30am, home by 5:30, and in bed by 7:30. I also have to squeeze in an hour of exercise (preferably walking) every day now too-I don't have time to clean. He's up at 2am and off work at 10am. He goes to his parent's house to eat and play with his nephew but is usually home by 1pm. I'd understand if he was sleeping the rest of the day but he's either playing video games orbuilding stuff for his aquarium. I physically can't clean anymore, its too painful to bend and reach and he just doesn't make time. I don't know what to do. I'll start cleaning and he'll tell me to stop but he never picks up where I left off. I think we need a maid. Lol.

They don't eat cake?? :nope: I think you definitely need to BYOCC :winkwink: have fun at your shower!

You're PREGNANT! And its YOUR shower, YES YES YES you can bring cupcakes and I would! How crazy just because "they" don't eat cake that they wouldn't still provide it at the shower because the shower isn't about them! LOL!

Hi ladies! I"m a 215 lb curvy girl (US 16/18) with a BFP! My lil bean is due January 1, 2013. :happydance:

How did you tell your husband/partner? We're planning to tell our immediate family on Monday.

To tell DH, when he came home from work I had both dogs wear a piece of paper on their collars. It said "Mommy's going to be busy January 1. Love dogs and baby". And I made him his favorite waffles. To tell the immediate family, we are all going out for dinner to celebrate DH's birthday (his b-day is today). I'm going to hand him his b-day card and he'll open it up for all to see "I am going to be a daddy". We're only telling immediate family at this point. They are our support system.

Today is our baby shower hosted by my OH's parents and I feel anxiety because its going to be HOT and I will not be outside in the sun no matter who thinks I should. They're also not having cake because they don't eat it. :( is it bad form if I bring cupcakes??? :)

I've been too tired to clean and my OH is too busy doing other things. I work an 8 1/2 hour day and have an hour commute each way. I'm up at 4:30am, home by 5:30, and in bed by 7:30. I also have to squeeze in an hour of exercise (preferably walking) every day now too-I don't have time to clean. He's up at 2am and off work at 10am. He goes to his parent's house to eat and play with his nephew but is usually home by 1pm. I'd understand if he was sleeping the rest of the day but he's either playing video games orbuilding stuff for his aquarium. I physically can't clean anymore, its too painful to bend and reach and he just doesn't make time. I don't know what to do. I'll start cleaning and he'll tell me to stop but he never picks up where I left off. I think we need a maid. Lol.

I wish I would've seen this earlier. I hope you brought your own cupcakes!

I feel you on the cleaning. I'm getting super anxious about having everything done before the baby comes and preferrably everything set up and ready to go in 2 weeks (when I start my maternity leave!). I get up at 5:45, I'm at work from 8-6, home by 7pm usually, and in bed by 8:30-9 (preferrably). We have our childbirth prep class on Mondays, so we don't get home until about 10. It kills me. I hate not being able to do what I used to do. I have to clean in spurts. I just can't do it anymore. OH always tell me to relax during the day... it's hard to do when there's a boat-load of stuff to get done. He means well and does some, he's stepped up in some areas, but, like you, picking up where I left off often isn't done. My mom has offered to come help, uh no. So has his, and still, uh, no. I've loved being pregnant and, I still love feeling her move. However, I'm quite ready to be full term and have her make her arrival. I think the correct phrasing is "baby eviction"... haha. I have 3 weeks to go until she's full term.

On a different note. How did your baby shower go?!

hi!

i'm fairly new to bnb. been on here for about a week or so. i found out two weeks ago that i'm pregnant. my first appointment is may 1st. i'm either 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow or 11 weeks pregnant tomorrow, as my last ms was really really light.

i'm 31. this will be my first biological baby. i'm five four and weigh 298lbs. this is the most i've ever weighed in my life. i have been big for nearly my entire life, except when i lost 160lbs for about 3 years and then gained it all back plus some. and i have high blood pressure.

i have had 4 miscarriages. i'm really nervous that this one will ms as well, but i'm praying every day that i don't.

my youngest dd, who is 6, is super excited to be a big sister. she keep touching my belly and asking if it will kick. my oldest, dd as well, 14, is not excited at all. and my ds, who is 7, wants a brother, but doesn't want to have to share a room eventually.

my husband isn't that excited, as he already has 3 children. but i told him on our first date that if he didn't want anymore he should move on to the next girl ;)

i guess more than anything right now, i just need and want to give support. my mom and dad moved to another state (all of us kids are grown and they wanted to do something new and different for themselves), and all i want is my mom to go to my appointments with me. i am not one to say 'oh boo hoo, whoa is me, poor me' but for some reason these past few days, all i've wanted to do is cry.

so that is me in a nutshell ;)

here's to happy thoughts!

Hi starxdreamer, I understand about the mom thing. I am pretty independent but I would love it if my mom were a little closer. As it is, we talk everyday just so I can hear her voice.

Congrats and h&h 9+ months!

Hi starxdreamer, I understand about the mom thing. I am pretty independent but I would love it if my mom were a little closer. As it is, we talk everyday just so I can hear her voice.

Congrats and h&h 9+ months!

And congrats to you on going strong with your peanut, Saucy!

For those further along in their pregnancy, what is your favorite clothing to wear? Is there anything you recommend?

Welcome to all of the new ladies!!!!

Our baby shower went well. We brought two dozen cookies and 72 mini panda cupcakes...at the end of the party there were 2 cupcakes left. So much for not eating cake! 1/3 of the invired people didn't show so there were enough chairs, except they were the horrible white folding chairs...I was so tired at the end of the night because I could only sit for a few minutes at a time. My OH's mom somehow convinced people we are having a boy (we're team yellow) so almost all of the clothes we got were blue with trucks/bears/I love my daddy, etc. The funniest thing was a onsie that said "little brother"-this is our first baby. Lol. Apparently my OH's extended family thought our nephew was our son since we take care of him so much.

His sister got us a crib and we got the cosleeper I picked out. Everything else was just wonderful too. The stroller we wanted was temporarily out of stock so we got the cash instead from his family. All we need now is the crib matress, bedding, carseat, diaper covers, a pack n play, ergo carrier and perhaps a changing table. I also desperately want a glider chair. If we order diaper service in more than monthly increments we get a discount so I'm trying to see how much in advance we can afford.

I feel much better now that we have some of the stuff for the baby.

For those further along in their pregnancy, what is your favorite clothing to wear? Is there anything you recommend?

I have some tops from old navy that just fit perfectly. I got some from Ross that are comfortable as well. I also have maternity camisoles in black, nude, yellow and blue- they go under everything. For me it's really important to have well fitting clothes if you're already plus size-ill fitting just makes you feel even bigger. I don't mind that my clothes are not going to last wince they're so cheap- I can only wear them for a few months.

Old Navy maternity is fantastic. Motherhood maternity is touch and go- some stuff fits better than others but I LOVE their bras. And belly bands are a godsend.

Love belly bands, hate motherhood belly band though. I loved it at first but after a few gentle washes the whole seam came undone on it. It was super lightweight but still held up pants and held in the belly. If the top part wasn't completely torn to shreds I'd still be wearing it. WAH! I bought some off of ebay, vonna bella, I think. They're nice. Like a thin tank-top type material. Although, the sizing was a bit off. I got XXL, some fit perfect and the others were super snug and gave me bad contractions.

As far as pants go, Motherhood... I had ordered some from JCPenney but had to send them back, they were huge. They don't carry plus size in store here so it was a hassle.

I still need to buy nursing bras... I'm going with Motherhood for underwire and Bravado (sometimes available at lane bryant) for underwire-free.

Shirts, I could never find anything. If it fit over my belly the arms were weird. Some didn't even go over my boobs (discouraging). I tried some from Target. My sister is a little bigger than me, she gave me some shirts (Torrid brand) that were just a size or 2 bigger than what I normally wear and those all fit fine. My regular tshirts that have stretch in them still (amazingly) fit. Underwear still fit. I just pair the shirts with one of my belly bands on most occasions, though lately I've been going without.

I did order maternity scrub tops, lol, not that that'd help most of you. Cherokee brand with the side stretch panels. Very comfy.

If you can find them cheap or gently used, go for it. You won't be wearing your maternity clothes for years. My maternity wear consists of the belly bands and maternity pants. Everything else is just regular clothes and still looks good without making me feel like I'm a sausage.

If OldNavy or Target work for you... GET IT!

We just need additional odds and ends. Nothing too crazy. I was starting to freak out about things we need and don't have, and the money it takes to buy it all. It's all coming together though.

I do need to get nursing bras and feminine products for post partum. The rest I hope will just come to me. LOL.

Welcome to all of the new ladies!!!!

Our baby shower went well. We brought two dozen cookies and 72 mini panda cupcakes...at the end of the party there were 2 cupcakes left. So much for not eating cake! 1/3 of the invired people didn't show so there were enough chairs, except they were the horrible white folding chairs...I was so tired at the end of the night because I could only sit for a few minutes at a time. My OH's mom somehow convinced people we are having a boy (we're team yellow) so almost all of the clothes we got were blue with trucks/bears/I love my daddy, etc. The funniest thing was a onsie that said "little brother"-this is our first baby. Lol. Apparently my OH's extended family thought our nephew was our son since we take care of him so much.

His sister got us a crib and we got the cosleeper I picked out. Everything else was just wonderful too. The stroller we wanted was temporarily out of stock so we got the cash instead from his family. All we need now is the crib matress, bedding, carseat, diaper covers, a pack n play, ergo carrier and perhaps a changing table. I also desperately want a glider chair. If we order diaper service in more than monthly increments we get a discount so I'm trying to see how much in advance we can afford.

I feel much better now that we have some of the stuff for the baby.

yay! i'm glad it went well! :happydance: cupcakes are always hard to pass up!

Super excited! Look what we got set up!!!

Because the crib is low profile i had to take the sides of the bedskirt up some so it would show all three colors. <3 it. We also put an ultimate crib sheet over the top (the kind that snaps to the slats with elastic bands) to protect from animal fur, but is also good when baby is here to protect her gorgeous bed set. It came with another sheet too, a light purple, gorgeous. OH picked the butterflies for now.

crib set up.jpg

crib.jpg

crib comforter.jpg

:happydance:

So jealous of your girly bedding... I was at a baby shower on Sat for a mom having a little girl and the clothes just are so dang cute!!!

I ordered my belly bands off ebay. They were like 10 bucks, I bought one XL and one XXL and I find that I fit somewhere in the middle. So, for my jeans that are under belly I wear the tighter one to keep them up over my butt and hike my bump up a little so its not sagging (baby is so low at this point that its pretty brutal). As for the bigger one I generally wear it with clothes that are a tad bit too big still but that I can hike up over my belly.

Old Navy is harder to judge, I ordered XXL's because sometimes reviews have shirts too tight for the size they are. But every XXL I ordered is HUGE. Some of them are so long I had to get hair ties to cinch up the sides so it looks like they're supposed to be that way but I wasn't that happy with them, I wished I could order a size smaller.

I never looked into Torrid but I heard Macy's also sells maternity clothes. Too late for me now really LOL. Target has some plain v-neck t-shirts and I have gotten 3 different colors right now, they are ones I could wear afterwards as well they should be easy to breast feed with as well.

Old navy's shirts are soooooo huge! I wear a medium or a small in their maternity clothes. I bought 6 of the same style because it fit so well, but they're starting to be too short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->