Plus-Size Pregnancy

I keep checking the positive HPT I took two weeks ago to make sure I really got a BFP and I'm not crazy!QUOTE]

I keep doing that too! As well as wasting my OPKs. LOL
I have 2 tests that I saved (Answer brand) that show the pink lines. My digital "YES+" stayed lit up for days, I loved it. And, I tossed the wondfo, not sure why, but I did. That first line I got was SOOOOOOOOOO faint, then I used that digital and got the YES. I was in shock!

Tunechis -- we ARE close! Although, I'm just going by the doctor's "last menstrual cycle" date calculation. While TTC I tracked my BBT for 10 months so I know the day we conceived and I'm pretty sure that makes me a week earlier than my ticker says I am. Still close though! :) No nausea....some difficulty eating at times, but no sickness yet. I'm sure it will rear its ugly head soon enough though. The only other symptoms I've had are some pretty hefty mood swings, cramps, bloating and backache. I keep checking the positive HPT I took two weeks ago to make sure I really got a BFP and I'm not crazy! How long have you been having the nausea? More importantly, have you found anything that helps? :)

Brandys -- WOOHOO congrats!! That's cool that you get another scan in 2 weeks! Random question -- was this scan transvaginal?

Yep, it was transvaginal. They most likely will be until 16 to 20wks because of my weight. I don't mind though. They don't hurt at all. I hate standard US's. I think they hurt so bad when they dig into your stomach like that. Not fun at all! Much much prefer transvaginal!

Hi everyone! I wanted to go ahead and join. I am 28 and plus size 18 and expecting my first. We just found out so I joined today and am happy to see this topic! I look forward to getting to know everyone! :)

Well, looks like you guys were right! I had done a urine dip stick at work and saw that there was trace protein, moderate leukocytes, trace proteins and small blood. I just logged into my medical stuff and the results are already posted from my UA this afternoon... With large leukocytes, small blood and trace proteins (AKA UTI!). My doctor is out for the evening so I should get an email tomorrow about the antibiotics. Fingers crossed that it resolves this long time spotting, too! Have a good night ladies!!!

Tunechis -- we ARE close! Although, I'm just going by the doctor's "last menstrual cycle" date calculation. While TTC I tracked my BBT for 10 months so I know the day we conceived and I'm pretty sure that makes me a week earlier than my ticker says I am. Still close though! :) No nausea....some difficulty eating at times, but no sickness yet. I'm sure it will rear its ugly head soon enough though. The only other symptoms I've had are some pretty hefty mood swings, cramps, bloating and backache. I keep checking the positive HPT I took two weeks ago to make sure I really got a BFP and I'm not crazy! How long have you been having the nausea? More importantly, have you found anything that helps? :)

Brandys -- WOOHOO congrats!! That's cool that you get another scan in 2 weeks! Random question -- was this scan transvaginal?

Although, I wasn't checking my BBT, I know when I am ovulating by the twinges that I get in my ovaries. Each month it switches and as soon as I felt, :sex: :sex: and more :sex: ... LOL ! Anyway, I think I may be a little bit more than what they say also. My nausea kicked in about a week and a half ago and hasn't let up at all. I have tried everything that I could think of. Ginger ale, dry crackers, getting up slow, getting extra rest, peppermints, strong chewing gum, salt and vinegar potato chips and the doctor even recommended EMETROL. I used all of these and none of them worked more than the time they were in my mouth. This MS has been so bad that they want me to come in early and my apptmnt wasn't scheduled until the 27th of October. I pray that you are one of the lucky ones and don't get hit with bug. :thumbup:

is it too late fr me to join???
I am a US size 28
I got a positive test at 12 dpo and bw to confirm
I had a transvaginal ultrasound at 7 weeks to find a beautiful flickering heart beat!!!!
I am due May 22!!!

Well, looks like you guys were right! I had done a urine dip stick at work and saw that there was trace protein, moderate leukocytes, trace proteins and small blood. I just logged into my medical stuff and the results are already posted from my UA this afternoon... With large leukocytes, small blood and trace proteins (AKA UTI!). My doctor is out for the evening so I should get an email tomorrow about the antibiotics. Fingers crossed that it resolves this long time spotting, too! Have a good night ladies!!!

I hope the antibiotics clears up the spotting for you :) My UTI was roughly the same time ( around 6 weeks) and the spotting was the only symptom I had

Hello :) I just noticed this thread today. Hope I'm not too late! My name is Marley and I live in Florida. Prepreg with my son 3 1/2 years ago I was a size 5. In the past 3 years I have become a size 14w-16w-18w. I'm around 180, been there since about March. I'm 11 weeks and haven't gained any weight on the scale yet but my boobs look huge and I can't seem to "suck it in" anymore lol. Like my body has totally relaxed. I'm glad I fund this thread though because I have a lot of questions and no one in the same position to ask. I do worry about being a heavy pregnant. I've never been it before. I'm terrified I won't go back down to at least 180 when this is all said and done. I'm praying to only gain 10lbs or less. I just feel extremely bloated right now and breathing is starting to get harder.

I hope the antibiotics clears up the spotting for you :) My UTI was roughly the same time ( around 6 weeks) and the spotting was the only symptom I had

My doctor hasn't replied yet so I don't even have antibiotics yet. I wish I knew what they'd prescribe because I could easily start the course with antibiotics from my work. :wacko: I've always had weird spotting in my cycles, and I've had spotting since about 4dpo (I haven't spotted since after we DTD the other night *knock on wood*), so not sure if that's why or not but it'd be awesome if that was the reason and the antibiotics would just clear it up!

I'm irritable and have sore boobs off and on. But, when did everyones morning sickness kick in? I'm still waiting for it to set in. I had days of not being hungry/food aversions but not vomiting or anything. Anyone else out there not get morning sickness? Everyone says you get it because you have strong pregnancy hormones, but I don't have it so I don't know if I should be worried or happy that I don't have it.

I bleed every time I orgasm. It kills me. This time after sex I made OH look in the toilet at what I deal with everytime we DTD. I think I traumatized him but now he knows. There'll always be a glob of pink/red in the bottom of the toilet (blood&his stuff) and then the TP will be covered. He said we're not having sex until after my appointment, lol, so I know that I got my point across. I wonder if I'd spot like this if I don't get to the big "O". It's already slowed down quite a bit, not that it's a flow, I should be used to it by now. I know that spotting is common. And, I know that some spotting/bleeding after sex/orgasm can be normal, too. It's just ANNOYING!

Maybe my spotting replaces my morning sickness. :haha:

Hello all,

I am size 18-20 (US) and weighed 252lbs at the time I found out I was pregnant. My weight is due to having 44 DDD breasts plus I am 5ft 10 1/2 inches tall. The doctors told me that I should not gain more than 11-15 lbs throughout my pregnancy but I have already since that appt gained 4lbs and thats with the addition of the MS monster.

BTW: I am due 6/5/2012, does anyone want to be bump buddies???

Is that American date format (5th June)?

Keslinger- I think especially with the UTI that and if you are just more sensitive now you're probably making little tears all over the place when you DTD. Do you use lube? Maybe wouldn't hurt to use a little bit?

@Kendra: The last time we did we used lube and the spotting I had was just pink (due to the lube). This time we didn't use any. OH said that he kept looking (I complain about spotting after all the time since being preggers) and that there was nothing there until after I O'd. And, as I said, I traumatized him. He told me that he believed me about the spotting before but he thought I was just trippin' about a little spot on the TP. But, after he saw it he now understands why I always have a bum kinda day the rest of the day after. I never spot like that unless I orgasm. (LAME!) I read (I think in What to Expect) that spotting after orgasm can be normal. Irritation of the already overly-sensitive cervix and that orgasm causes minor contractions in your uterus that have no ill-effect on the baby, but can push out some blood. Either way spotting is lame.

Good news. Ultrasound in 11 days!

Total buzzkill huh, LOL.

At least you're getting some, my husband and my sex drive is almost zero. We've been lucky to do it once every couple weeks.

Hey ladies how are you doin? I just had a quick question today while DH and I were having sex he seemed kinda distracted and when I asked him he said he was afraid of hurting the baby... I tried to tell him everything was ok but he still seemed kinda nervous. What do you ladies think I could say to help him get over his fear?

tell him to watch knocked up... LOL just kidding... there are a ton of articles online about sex and pregnancy, just find some that says that the baby can't feel/hear/notice anything and see if that helps.

Hey ladies, has anyonee ever been giving a diet control way of losing weight well pregnant, by their doctor? Before I found out I was pregnant I had joined a weightloss club, however, I didn't lose what I had hoped before falling pregnant. I know I'm going to gain, that's life whatever. Just wondering if its possiblle to loose safetly?

Hello! I'm 37 and this is my first pregnancy too. I'm a UK size 20/22 and so far I have managed not to gain any weight at all. I am trying to stick to a really healthy diet. Due 5th May 2012 :)

That was my first EDD too (now 3rd May). I'm also a UK 20-22 :) only gained a pound in the first trimester at the last checkup. Was thrilled as I've never eaten 3 meals a day for so long in my life. Lol.

My doctor hasn't replied yet so I don't even have antibiotics yet. I wish I knew what they'd prescribe because I could easily start the course with antibiotics from my work. :wacko: I've always had weird spotting in my cycles, and I've had spotting since about 4dpo (I haven't spotted since after we DTD the other night *knock on wood*), so not sure if that's why or not but it'd be awesome if that was the reason and the antibiotics would just clear it up!

I'm irritable and have sore boobs off and on. But, when did everyones morning sickness kick in? I'm still waiting for it to set in. I had days of not being hungry/food aversions but not vomiting or anything. Anyone else out there not get morning sickness? Everyone says you get it because you have strong pregnancy hormones, but I don't have it so I don't know if I should be worried or happy that I don't have it.

I didnt get ms with any of my others
But with this one *nibbles cracker* It started around 6 weeks
You may get to be one of the lucky ones with out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->