Plus size & pregnant join here

possible risk ladies, like i said my ob went through my lower belly fat instead of puling it up for my c section.

Well, 4 days later and i tried to poop TMI! and I think i popped an internal stitch. You can't see anything from the outside but the doctor told me to keep an eye out for redness or extra swelling.

I think my size contributed to the pop :(

Oh no huni, i hope your ok!

Cottleston that sucks huni.. do you definitely get a scan on Thursday? :hugs::hugs: Can't believe they have not got you right in!

I PASSED MY GTT!! woohoooooo :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Passed it with flying colours apparently. AND My anesthetist appointment was amazing! He was so so nice... haha and his word for bigger ladies... we are "cuddly and fluffy" haha he made me giggle with that :haha:
And also he said that with my reasons i am almost 100% guarunteed my section! :haha: I am so damn happy. He said he cant say a deffo yes or no as that's down to my consultant but he says it should be a yes :D

SO i will either get the dates 5th March, 7th march or the 12th march. Im hoping they go for the 7th :D xx

Sounds like the best appointment ever.... Congrats!! :happydance:

I definitely like the term "fluffy" heehee

I'll get a scan tomorrow or Thursday. Got the heartbeats today though so I'm not too worried.

glad you got to hear the heartbeats huni :D

so reasuring. When i was in today there were 2 ladies in for reduced movements... seth was so amazed hearing their babies heartbeats lol. xx

Not getting a scan today. Because they shut down the other nearby(ish) hospital, my one is struggling to cope with the load. I had more pain last night but no bleeding. So now I'm upset that I have to wait and terrified that because they're so busy I'm honns give birth in a corridor somewhere.

Which hospital are you looking to go to? I can't decide on pembury, ashford or Medway as all are of equal distance to me.

Melanesia - hope you are ok as that sounds very painful. Going for no 2s was difficult for me for a couple of weeks nOt quite sure why this happens hormones?

Seth - congrats on passing the GTT !!! What a relief :).

I had to go a couple of times to be monitored due to reduced movement each time I went think JJ hated the machine and would kick away!

I don't go to any of those jellycat... Im at darent valley which is now having to cope with the former queen Mary's sidcup patients. I'd take a tour of each and find out which you prefer. I understand Pembury is taking on a lot of the work from Maidstone though?

One thing I will say for Darent Valley, although I've not enjoyed having to wait for this scan, is that they've apparently been putting a lot of money into their NICU which is kind of a big deal for me as there is a possibility of not going full term with these bubbas.

hello ladies can i join your wonderful group.. im a plus size mom, pregnant with baby #3 10 weeks today along and due July 9th. :) would love to be able to talk to other's that are plus size as i am and not really having baby bumps more like B bumps at the moment.

I am joining!
I'm a big girl, and pregnant! My Dr has told me that there are no real dangers that I have in store for me, even though I'm bigger. No one has ever said anything to me about being big... or older(I'm 34... turning 35 mid september)
I don't have any fear... and I don't think anyone else should either!!!! We should all enjoy our pregnancies!!!!!

AMEN!!! iv never had issues either... i had gestational diabetes with my last but when i tested on my own i was always in the really good range i just dont react well to the glucose syrup they give you to test for it. i get really sick im not a sweets person. so i dont count that as a n issue since it wasnt ever relevant.

Ahhh daren't valley was on the news last week for having portable cabins for its A&E assessment wards, hadn't realised it was taking on sidcup too. Similar situation to Maidstone vs pembury then as Maidstone is only a birthing unit but any complication they can't handle and have no children facilities or peads there anymore so think I'll be either pembury or ashford.

That's good darent has NICU facilities being updated.

hello ladies can i join your wonderful group.. im a plus size mom, pregnant with baby #3 10 weeks today along and due July 9th. :) would love to be able to talk to other's that are plus size as i am and not really having baby bumps more like B bumps at the moment.

Welcome :hi:

I have a B bump until almost full term I hate it but try and disguise with bump bands ( not very successfully !). I'm hoping if Im able to minimise my weight gain this time I may round out earlier.

Yeah the situation at darent is pretty crazy just now. I mean sidcup wasn't a great hospital but dartford can't handle the extra patients. It's one of the reasons I wouldn't go through a&e for the emergency scan. Don't fancy spending ages in a cold cabin!

Welcome sweetpea! I will have a B bump too... Over bump maternity jeans help to shape it a bit but it still makes me uncomfortable when people touch my "bump" because really... It's still just flab!

Urghhhhh. Hospital said they'd phone me between 9am and 10am IF I've got my "emergency" scan that I've been waiting for since Monday. So if I don't hear from them in the next 35 minutes, I know I haven't got one and I'll just have to hope I get the call tomorrow.

Seths- Thats great news about your GTT! And I'm so glad the anaesthetist was nice :) I have my appointment on Friday, and I've been dreading it so this gives me hope! Did they weigh you?

Cottles- SO glad you've picked up the baby's heartbeats :) Ive been thinking of you. I really hope you get a call soon about your scan, I think it's outrageous they've kept you waiting so long!! Can you call someone and complain?!

Sweetpea - Welcome :)

As for me, I'm doing ok. I'm looking forward to getting some info on my GTT tomorrow afternoon! I have a horrible cold which I'm trying to keep out of my chest (I'm asthmatic and as soon as I get sick it goes straight to my chest) so I'm being a baby today and snuggling on the sofa watching tv. :)

Oh no, you take care of yourself hun. Feet up, duvet on the sofa and a hot chocolate :D hope you're feeling better soon x

Hospital just called- scan in 2hrs so now it's time to drink lots and get anxious. I'm very good at the latter!

Cottles- Thanks, think I will follow your advise there ;) I've phoned the doc and they're giving me a prescription for antibiotics so Yey!

That's fantastic news about your scan Hun, everything will be just fine! I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry! Your little beans will be happy as larry in there, I know it xxx

Oh no, you take care of yourself hun. Feet up, duvet on the sofa and a hot chocolate :D hope you're feeling better soon x

Hospital just called- scan in 2hrs so now it's time to drink lots and get anxious. I'm very good at the latter!

:happydance::happydance: yey so happy for you hun! I hope that everything is ok in the scan i have my fingers crossed for you!! :hugs:

[/B]Sw33tp3a[/B] Welcome hun :hi: Congratulations on your BFP :D I still have a B bump hehe but i dont mind it... the top of my B is nice and solid.. and i dont really care about the flabby bit at the bottom anymore :haha: I'll sort that after bubs comes along. I hope you have been keeping well so far :flower:

Miwi He didn't weigh me but he did ask if i new roughly what i weighed now compared to when i had my spinal with Seth. He said that he couldn't feel my back bone BUT that doesn't bother him in the slightest.. with an elective he has the time he needs to play around and take his time finding the right spot. He told me the likelyhood of me needing a section or assisted delivery after Seth's is around 40% so im deffo going for my elective if consultant agrees. All i have to go is go in to see him with the strong opinion of I want my section and it should be granted. He even talked to seth and played with him a little which made the whole experience good for us all.

They will ask you to open your mouth as far as you can, and also see how far back you can tip your neck (if you need to be knocked out and intubated) and then they will ask you to sit sideways on a chair and flop right over so they can try feel your back bone. And thats about it... they ask if you have any questions and go over the different aneasthetics that they might use/side effects and chances of section etc. But all in all it was really good.. i came out with a huge smile on my face lol.

I hope these antibiotics work for you hun... all 3 of us are coming down with something after spending so long out in the cold yesterday. an hour and a half we had to wait on the bus home. in the freezing cold. poor seth was like a little iceicle even with his wool jacket, leather jacket, hat, scarf, gloves lol

I hope everyone else is going well today :D xx

AHHHH IM EXCITED!
Scan was perfect and the sonographer reckons they're both boys! One of them *definitely* is... He wasn't shy in the slightest :haha:

Thanks for the anaesthetist info (I know it wasn't aimed at me but it's very useful!)

How's everyone feeling this afternoon? X

Hey ladies, hwo are you all doing? :flower:

Cottleston - Yay!! Congrats on the boy(s)!!! How exciting! :happydance:

Seth - Woohoo for passing your GTT! That's great news! :thumbup:

Miwi - I hope your cold gets better soon. Definitely take some time and relax.

Sw33tp3a - welcome, and congrats on your little one!!

I'm doing pretty good. My doc signed a slip for me to take to work that should hopefully get me off early! Now it's up to my HR/medical department at the company as to when I leave. I've already taken a couple days off this week, so I don't go back to work until Tuesday morning. I'm not sure if I'll know before then or not. Crossing my fingers I don't have to go at all! lol

My weight was pretty much the same as last time, so that made me happy. Bubs is still head down, also good!

Had carpet put in the baby's room on Monday, I steam cleaned it last night... putting together the crib and bookshelf in there today! (nothing like waiting until the last minute, eh? :blush:)

Other than the typical backache/fluid retention/swelling, and the painful carpal tunnel, I really have no complaints at the moment! Starting to get anxious, as I know time is getting close!

AHHHH IM EXCITED!
Scan was perfect and the sonographer reckons they're both boys! One of them *definitely* is... He wasn't shy in the slightest :haha:

Thanks for the anaesthetist info (I know it wasn't aimed at me but it's very useful!)

How's everyone feeling this afternoon? X

:happydance: so glad everything is ok hun! :hugs: And wowee at maybe two boys.. hehe double trouble :)

Your very welcome for the info hun :) I was dreading it too before i went in.

kalyrra aww you are almost there hun! It's not bad to leave some things till last minute... at least you have something to do to kill the last few weeks :) I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you dont have to go back to work hun!

Hopefully once baby comes along all of your problems will dissapear :D

I cant wait to start seeing some more baby pics from all you girls :D Its been amazing sharing out journeys so far <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->