• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Plus Size & TTC. Who's With Me?

Hello ladies, hope it's ok for me to join in! :)

I was previously plus size then got down to a size 14 before I got ppregnant with my first. Put the weight back on mostly after lo was born and am now a size 18/20 and we are ntnp #2 :-D I would like to have lost more weight but just think life is too short, I'll keep eating healthily and exercising and will get the weight off eventually but it's not a priority at the moment :)

I was a regular 28 day cycle but they have gotten longer and are now around 42 days (anyone know why this might happen?) I'm about cd10 at the moment and due to ovulate next week I think! We aren't using ov sticks or anything like that, just winging it tbh!

Anyway just thought I'd say hello!! X

welcome! I was explained it this way, due to weight gain..and that changes your hormonal balance..which puts everything out of whack. I was ttc forever, and finally did once I lost 15lbs.. my cycles changed from perfect 28 day to whenever it wanted.. then due to that I became insulin resistant and diagnosed with pcos..

Meg, it was the fact I wasn't having a strong O that made my RE decide to do Clomid for 2 months. My bloodwork was all in the normal range, which is particularly good considering I'm 39.

Clomid is making me super sick now that I am ovulating. I figure it's the price I pay for stimulated ovaries and it is worth it if it does the trick :)

Well good luck! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Good Morning Ladies,

Welcome to the new girls!!! I am currently on CD 28 and waiting to see if my second non induced AF will show. Things look promising- I have been breaking (like being a teenager again) and really strong cramps!! I know weird to be so happy about this but these are the signs I had last month when AF came all on her own:thumbup:

I have an apt. on May 6th to see my FS again and I am going back and forth about asking/insisting for Clomid. I really haven't lost much weight. I did lose about 10 pounds but then injured my knee and been on crutches in a brace for two weeks and my working out has come to a halt. (4 years ago I injured my meniscus and the Dr fears I have done even more damage. Waiting on MRI to see if I need surgery)

So kinda torn about what to do...want to lose more weight just to be in a better place but also really really want a baby!!!

Well have a great day ladies:flower:

Blessings & Babydust,

Hey girls how's everyone doing? I'm on CD 9 of our first round if Clomid. Should O this Monday according to my FF as long as the Clomid didn't change it 😃 been BD every other day since I started the pill lol. It's a good habit.

Hello everyone, hope it's okay to join in even though this thread has been going a while :) we've been NTNP since our wedding in December, and decided to start properly TTC from this cycle.
I'm size 18/20 (UK) since putting on a ton of weight through my illness, I'm kind of getting used to my new size but I don't know if I'm happy about it. I am trying to lose a bit of weight but we don't want to wait until I'm considered a healthy weight before TTC, especially as recent tests are starting to indicate it may take a while.
Looking forward to getting to know you ladies :)

Hello Ladies,

So AF never showed....not sure what is happening! I missed my last FS apt due to my husband being sick but going to be rescheduling it for next week. In the meantime just staying on Metformin and noticing lots of CM...just very wet. Sorry if that is TMI but it is unusual for me...any ideas ladies?

Im a size 18. 16 on my good days. Im ttc #2 and am having a lot of problems getting pregnant this time around. My doctor literally told me it was because of my weight. Boo!When i got pregnant with my daughter i was heavy. But i guess i am 30 lbs heavier. This is so draining.

@ BHG have to POAS? Could your cycle just be a bit longer? I had an extra long cycle last time an usually it has been 28 days.

Welcome Smm :)
Weight loss is hard and it gets a bit worse when TTC so many things they say to an not to do. Idk why but I'm scared to work out bc I'm afraid working out could prevent it from sticking & I've heard your temp going to high is bad for TTC. i think I'm just a worrier. Never been so dramatic haha.

Hey yes I have PCOS last cycle was the first natural AF I have had in 11 years I was just to sure she was on her way cause it felt the same. If I don't have AF by CD 60 then I will be taking Provera again. Even with PCOS I have never had CM like this! I haven't been keeping track of consistency just noticing being wet...TMI sorry!

Meg - I am worried about exercising too! I thought that might just be me, glad to know I'm not alone! I'm also stressing about using my laptop... *sigh*

BHG - could you be ovulating? CM increases during ovulation. Sorry to hear about your husband.

Hi. I'm new here. This is my first post. It's nice to see that there are other women who are plus sized and hear some success stories. I have PCOS and have been taking Metformin for about a month now successfully. (I tried is 3-4 times previously but couldn't tolerate it.) I've lost 29.6 pounds so far, but I was informed that when we are pregnant, I won't be able to lose weight anymore. I hope to get to know some of you soon. Have a good weekend! :hugs:

Welcome Samiam :)
We can make ourself feel a load better by watching what we eat and working out.

What would girls think about all doing something like "my fitness pal" together? We can cheer each other on an keep each other company while TTC and finding a healthy balance? It's calorie counting i know isn't favorable to people but it's very user friendly and you can scan pretty much everything you eat :) I need to find a way to motivate myself & loose weight rather than just talking about it.

I would be up for that Meg! I've used My Fitness Pal before, and I find it helpful to track my food. I'll sign up again :D

Edit - username is 1oo89 :) add me ladies!

I'm trying to focus on losing weight and then getting back to TTC. I feel like if I lose the extra weight I may have an easier time conceiving. It's really hard to focus on losing weight when I want to focus on conceiving. :\ But one may not even be possible without the other. I've been using myfitnesspal for about 2 weeks so far and I've found that I got the hang of it quicker than I thought I would. So far I've lost 2 pounds so maybe this will work out for me. :) I've also started taking lots of vitamins along with Inositol. I've been trying to conceive for almost 2 years now. People keep telling me that I'm only 27 and I still have plenty of time but man, baby fever does not care. lol

I friend req'd you Loo!! i'm excited now!

nothing new here. i've been testing O and nothing yet so we'll see when it decides to appear. we've been BDing every other day now so im feeling good and not stressed little bit of anxiety tho.

I know this is really late, but I am plus size and TTC. Have you seen any success? I am not 100% healthy. I technically have PCOS; however, all my numbers are within normal range now with Metformin. My doc said that I am now technically normal although PCOS never really goes away.

I have been trying to conceive since February of last year. 6 months ago we got my PCOS diagnosis and was put on Metformin. Now that my insulin resistance is gone, I am loosing weight better and my doc has said it is safe to start with treatments. We will be starting clomid tomorrow.

I am really nervous about clomid. I have heard a ton of things about it. Anyways, heres to hoping this is our month. It sure feels like it. :happy dance:

Anyways, heres to hoping you got preggers and have had no problems.

I know this is really late, but I am plus size and TTC. Have you seen any success? I am not 100% healthy. I technically have PCOS; however, all my numbers are within normal range now with Metformin. My doc said that I am now technically normal although PCOS never really goes away.

I have been trying to conceive since February of last year. 6 months ago we got my PCOS diagnosis and was put on Metformin. Now that my insulin resistance is gone, I am loosing weight better and my doc has said it is safe to start with treatments. We will be starting clomid tomorrow.

I am really nervous about clomid. I have heard a ton of things about it. Anyways, heres to hoping this is our month. It sure feels like it. :happy dance:

Anyways, heres to hoping you got preggers and have had no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->