• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Plus Size & TTC. Who's With Me?

Mrs lsc: oh right, sorry for asking, just didn't know if it was the same thing I have, my pcos has caused me to be insulin resistant.

Ttcnhopeful: oh how strange, have you tested again?

Hello newbies!! Wishing you so much good luck x

Well I had 5 days of positive opk's but even with putting them all in FF it gave me my crosshairs today and says I O'd in the middle of all the positive opks because of the temp shift. So I guess I'm 3dpo today. Hopefully the crosshairs stick this time. Thanks for asking. How are you doing??

And congrats Ellie! If only we could all be so lucky!!

Hi there! MY name is Shelby and I'm considered overweight at 5'8" and 185-190 lbs (depending on the week LOL). I've struggled with my weight since I was a teenager but honestly feel more comfortable in my skin now than I ever have. My husband and I have been together for 6 years, married for less than a year. We are a military family and are stationed at Fort Carson Currently and loving it! We had a scare before he left for basic 6 months ago and thought I might be pregnant but ended with BFNs on all tests. Then after 5 months of separation and training we decided to start really TTC. We are on month 3 of active TTC although the first month I think we missed O and second month we found kittens under our house and one passed away and we are keep the second and she was so small she took all sexual urges out of me lol. So this month we have been BDing a ton and I THINK I may have ovulated CD10-11 due to cramping/sore breasts I had yesterday. So I'm on CD12 now. My cycles are fairly regular coming ever 27-28 days with the occasional 25 day from stress.

I'm really hoping its our month. I have had THREE dreams about getting positive pregnancy tests and last night...last night was the hardest. I had a full blown labor and delivery dream where I went from going into labor and I actually birthed my baby. When I woke up I had this split second of bliss thinking I would turn over and see our baby. Then I realized it was dream. All day today I've been moody as hell and snapping at DH :( I feel terrible for being so cranky but that dream threw me off so badly. I have wanted kids for a few years but we waited until "the right time" (i.e. married, financially stable and independent). Now I worry I want it so bad it won't happen. We have no reason to believe it wont, while hubby was training I had blood work done and everything was A-ok but after wanting it for so long..you know? Sorry for the rant/vent. I needed to talk about that dream to someone and hubby didn't really understand when I told him earlier. We are 22(me) and 23(him) so I'm not sure in his mind if he really 'gets' what it's like to have a dream like that. Anyways, Babydust to all!! <3 <3 <3

Mrs lsc : congratulations on the weight loss! That is incredible, ooo good luck with the next ultrasound, sounds like you have some good doctors working with you!

Byhisgrace: I went with a full bladder but they told me to empty it as it wasn't needed, but I think it's depends on what they need to look at. Good luck anyway :)

Ttcnhopeful: yay! That's good news, let's hope this is your cycle x

Sorry shelby posted at the same time so didn't see yours.

My husband is also military, are you UK?
I think when you're in a situation where your husband goes away and time is so precious, the need/ want to start a family young is important to us. I'm only 20/21 in 6 days haha. Dreaming about bfps and pregnancy can be signs! Sorry it's so hard on you to have them though :(.
Hoping your journey is short and sweet! X

aww thanks comet! I have had pregnancy test dreams in the time hubby was gone so I don't pay to much attention to them, but to have an entire BIRTH in a dream? It was intense to say the least. I'm in the US in Colorado, that's awesome you are a military wife as well! We are new to the military o we have had a steep learning curve these past few months haha

Um previous military myself. So I know what u ladies are going through.. Hang in there :(

Just a quick update..
had an ultrasound today (CD 11-12) I have one follicle on the right measuring 14, and three on the left measuring 17,15,14. Last appointment on Friday I only had one on each size measuring 11 and 12. Last appointment my uterine lining was 4, now its 7. But she said that my lining is not triple layered?? um?? They are concerned about all the follicles on the right side.. they are having me come back Wednesday to see if any are measuring at least 20-22, and hoping that some of the others diminish. They wont do my trigger shot and IUI if all those follicles mature..and if my lining wont get better.. I agree.. so.. hoping for some good news Wednesday..im a little frustrated.. if nothing gets better then this cycle is a bust and no IUI for us..
is there anything I can do to get a better lining??? im super stressed and a little bummed now, I don't know.. its not like its bad news.. I guess im just getting overwhelmed with it all..

Hello, I hope it improves greatly and I can understand your frustration. I found some information for you and hopes it helps!Exercise

This should be one of the first steps in improving any type of health issue, including improving uterine health. Walking and Fertility Yoga are two of the best ways to promote circulation and improve strength and flexibility of the muscles surrounding the uterus.

Fertility Cleansing

The Fertility Cleanse may be a great way to create proper hormonal balance through cleansing and nourishing the liver. The liver helps to filter toxins from the body including excess hormones, that may be contributing to hormonal imbalance. The liver plays a key role in hormonal balance. The liver cleanse phase gently works with your liver to remove excess hormones and environmental toxins, while nourishing and regenerating the liver cells.

Fertility Cleansing also has a uterine cleanse phase. In some instances the uterus is not able to empty it&#8217;s entire contents every menstrual cycle. This phase of the cleanse uses specific herbs and nutrients that support the uterus to cleanse of old contents and stagnant blood, while reducing inflammation, promoting circulation as well as having a tonic effect on the uterus.

Self Fertility Massage

Self Fertility Massage may be one of the easiest and most cost effective ways you can improve your uterine health. It can be done from the comfort and privacy of your own home. Self Fertility Massage&#8482; is a series of massage techniques that are used to help support reproductive health, the menstrual cycle, and your fertility.

Ways Self Fertility Massage Improves Uterine Health

Increases circulation to the uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes.
Promotes hormonal balance by strengthening the hormonal feedback loop.
Helps the uterus to rid itself of old stagnant blood and tissues.
Helps to reposition a tilted uterus.
Increases endorphins which help reduce pain associated with uterine issues.
Brings fresh oxygenated blood to the uterus.
Aids the uterus in getting rid of blood clots.
Helps to strengthen the uterine muscles.
Castor Oil Therapy

A Castor Oil Pack is a cloth soaked in castor oil which is placed on the skin to enhance circulation and promote healing of the tissues and organs underneath the skin. A castor oil pack applied over the uterus helps to promote cleansing and increase circulation to the uterine tissues, in order to improve function and health of the uterus. This therapy is complementary to Self Fertility Massage and Radiant Womb therapeutic massage oil. Castor oil packs are a great place to create a healthy foundation for uterine health.

Radiant Womb Herbal Fertility Massage Oil

Radiant Womb is a therapeutic massage oil designed to help support reproductive health. Infused with medicinal herbs and therapeutic essential oils, Radiant Womb can be used during Self Fertility Massage or applied directly to the lower abdomen, ankles and feet to support the reproductive system. This massage oil softens the tissues, promote circulation to the uterus, while aiding in tone of the uterine muscles.

L-Arginine

L-Arginine promotes synthesis of Nitric Oxide (NO). Nitric Oxide is naturally produced by the body and is important for blood dilation, increases blood flow to the uterus, ovaries and genitals. L-Arginine promotes a healthy environment for implantation.

Herbs for Uterine Health
Dong Quai

Dong Quai tonifies and strengthens the uterus by regulating hormonal control, improving uterine tone, and improving the timing of the menstrual cycle. In traditional Chinese medicine Dong Quai is referred to as a blood tonic as it has a general effect on circulation. It has also been shown to improve red blood cell counts. It is traditionally used for situations of stagnation (PCOS, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and fibroids) as it increases the blood flow to the reproductive system reducing congestion and pain. The increased circulation also helps to strengthen and balance the uterus. In rat studies it has been show to help build the uterus lining. Dong Quai also has a relaxing effect on the uterus.

*This herbs is best used by women with pale to absent menstrual flow, as it has a slight blood thinning effect and may not be a good choice for women with heavy menstural cycles.

Red Raspberry Leaf

Red raspberry leaf is a great nutritive, being high in vitamins and minerals as well as an easily absorbed form of calcium. It is also a wonderful uterine tonic. This is a great herb for women preparing for pregnancy and has been shown to be a great help in the efficiency of the uterus during labor. It also helps to reduce excessive bleeding during and after childbirth. This herb is considered to be one of the safest for pregnancy and pregnancy preparation. It should not be used in the 1st trimester if their is a history of uterine or implantation weakness that is contributing to recurrent miscarriage. In those cases it may be best to use this herb in preparation for pregnancy, then begun again after the 1st trimester is over.

General suggested usage: 4-8 mL, liquid extract 3 x&#8217;s a day, or 3 cups infusion a day.

FertiliCare Phase 1 & 2 Monthly Liquid Herbal Program

This liquid herbal blend contains a great combination of herbs for uterine health. It contains 4 important and key herbs for uterine health; Rehmannia, Dong Quai, Damiana, and Crampbark. FertiliCare works with the natural rhythm of the female menstrual cycle to improve uterine health and promote hormonal balance in preparation for pregnancy. Since we have already discussed Dong Quai here is a little information on the other 3 herbs:

Rehmannia: Rehmannia has been used for hundreds of years to relax the smooth muscles of the uterus, reducing any sort of uterine pain or spasm. Rehmannia is also extremely nourishing to the blood for a healthy uterine lining.

Damiana: Damiana helps to encourage circulation and blood supply to the uterus.

Crampbark: This herb promotes a calm, relaxed and healthy uterus. One of the best herbs to promote proper function and efficiency of the uterus.

FertiliCare Phase 1 & 2 also supports hormonal balance, regulation of the entire menstrual cycle and libido. Learn more about FertiliCare Phase 1 & 3 here&#8230;

Three Month Uterine Health Plan
If you are wanting to improve your overall uterine health, below is a simple 3 month long guide to increasing circulation to the uterus, toning the muscles of the uterus, toning and stretching tissues and muscles surrounding the reproductive organs as well as promoting hormonal balance. It may be best to work toward improving your uterine health at least 3-6 months prior to trying to conceive. If you are implementing any of these natural therapies while you are actively trying to conceive, only use them from the time after your period ends up to ovulation, in case you become pregnant. Walking and yoga are fine to continue all month long, stop doing yoga if you are on your period.

*Remember if you have specific fertility issues that require other natural therapies, please refer to those specific guides. For example if you have scar tissue or adhesions in your uterus you may want to learn how Systemic Enzyme Therapy may help dissolve and break-down scar tissue. This guide is for general uterine health.

Month 1

1. Natural Fertility Diet- be sure to include your 8 glasses of water
2. Exercise: Walk at least 5 times a week for 30 minutes, do Fertility Yoga at least 2-3 times a week.
3. Fertility Cleanse
4. Self Fertility Massage, at least 4-5 times a week
5. Castor Oil Pack, before Self Fertility Massage

Month 2

2. Exercise/Walk/Fertility Yoga
3. FertiliCare Phase 1 & 2
4. Self Fertility Massage
5. Castor Oil Packs
6. L-Arginine

Month 3

2. Exercise/Walk/Fertility Yoga
3. FertiliCare Phase 1 & 2
4. Self Fertility Massage
5. Radiant Womb Massage Oil, daily
6. L-Arginine

I don't know alot about it but did a tiny bit of research for you xx

um...YOUR THE BEST! :) Thanks so much for all of that! I'm definitely going to look further into those suggestions. Wednesday can not come soon enough for me.. All this time I've been hoping for lots of follicles, now I need some of them to die off! lol..crazy.. and I never knew anything about uterine lining having any significance! I never thought! Thanks again. :)

Evening all,
I have always struggled with my weight, but managed to get my blood pressure under control enough to start trying! Bit worried about my asthma though.
Husband and i have just started trying

Mrs lsc: that's okay! I know it's not soon enough to affect Wednesday but will help in the long run. Wishing you lots of luck that Wednesday is lucky!

Daisy: well done in getting your bp under control! Good luck for your journey :) x

my doctor called about my labs I had taken this morning, my estrogen was 149 on Friday and today it was 180..so that's good.. im not quite ready to ovulate yet I guess

Hello Ladies,

Welcome to all the newbies!!

So I was wondering who here has used Povera?

If you have did you do HPT before taking.... do bloodwork?

I am going to start it on Friday but am concerned because DH and I have been BD w/o protection...a lot (TMI I know) and what if (BIG BIG IF) I am pregnant? Provera sheds the lining of your uterus so the risk is there to accidently terminate a very early pregnancy. My cousin said if we hold off on BD two weeks then take HPT it will be accurate...thoughts comments?

Am I putting to much thought into this?

Blessings,

Byhisgrace: I too would be thinking about the possibility of being pregnant. Maybe doing a hpt would be a good idea just to make sure. I haven't used it myself though, good luck!

Mrs lsc: good luck for tomorrow!

As for me: CD 101 and tomorrow hubby has his semen analysis so fingers crossed it goes well x

Hello Ladies,

Welcome to all the newbies!!

So I was wondering who here has used Povera?

If you have did you do HPT before taking.... do bloodwork?

I am going to start it on Friday but am concerned because DH and I have been BD w/o protection...a lot (TMI I know) and what if (BIG BIG IF) I am pregnant? Provera sheds the lining of your uterus so the risk is there to accidently terminate a very early pregnancy. My cousin said if we hold off on BD two weeks then take HPT it will be accurate...thoughts comments?

Am I putting to much thought into this?

Blessings,
I don't know much about Provera but I'd say wait until you get your next period to take it just in case. I don't know what all the specifics are for when you can take it, but I'd definitely wait for AF if I were you.

Are you still able to TTC while you are on Provera or do you have to wait untill you are off of it. I would think it would never be good to take if theres a chance of you getting pregnant, but like I said, I don't know anything about it.

Thanx so much! I've been stressed all day and anxious..just want good news for once

cd 101 for you!? Whatttt!?

Hey Ladies!

Id love to join in the chat :) Im not TTC #1, but I am overweight and TTC again I hope no one holds it against me.

I was really nervous about trying again knowing im overweight, but I really couldnt handle waiting anymore. I never wanted my children to have a big age gap like I did with my siblings ( half siblings, Im a second relationship baby for my dad and im 15,13 and 10 years younger then them ) So I decided sheets to the wind lets do it. This will most likely be the last baby for me, and I thought why not just have your kids and then lose the weight? I couldnt personally see myself gaining and losing and gaining and losing over and over again. It works for some people, but its always been a struggle to lose even 5 pounds I couldnt imagine putting myself through that.

Right now I think Im about 220 / size 20. I was 155 pre DD1, then 200 pre DD2 and I was 228 the last DR apt I had before DD2 came. I listened to my doctors the second time around, ate healthier, tried to be more active and didnt eat every cake in sight. It made a huge difference cutting my weight gain in half from one pregnancy to the other.

I think having a baby and being pregnant is amazing, regardless of size. And if you're healthy and confident go for it! Its your body, its your life, its your baby.

Good luck everyone else! Thanks for listening, baby dust to everyone!!!

Mrs lsc: let us know how it goes :)! I know waiting for af is now getting boring :(.

Meagan: hello! I think your attitude towards ttc and being overweight is brilliant! Happy and healthy is the way forward over being skinny. Hope your journey is short x

Hi Girls...

Congrats Ellie001 so happy for you!

Sorry I have beem MIA for the past while. I joined the group then have taken a hiatus as I have been trying to deal with my first anovulatory cycle that I know of anyway. I normally have a 26 day cycle and ovulate around cycle day 11/12. I am now at cycle day 17 and no ovulation has occured. I have had all negative OPK's since cycle day 9 and BBT has stayed at 97.4 for the last 7 days no fluctuations at all. Anyway sorry for ranting... How is everyone coming along?

Comet1234: Fingers crossed for a your hubbys appointment... Here's to strong swimmers and lots of them!

:dust: to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->