Plus sized in the second trimester!

Here comes a major vent! Me and DH just got into a fight about telling people. We settled early on (and with my last pregnancy on 12 weeks) but now he doesn't know. I don't want to tell people without his approval because we are both in this together. Plus I don't want to cause a silly fight. He thinks that everybody in my family is going to be upset and thinks I'm too emotional to handle them being upset and blah blah blah. I told him it's not about them being upset and I don't need their approval, it's about me trying to hide something that I can't hide much longer. Im sitting here at work crying now :( he said he is going to "think about it" ughhhhhhh

Wait...I'm confused. You want to tell people now and he doesn't? I don't see the point in hiding it much longer I guess.

Yeah he doesn't want to tell people yet because he thinks people will be upset and not happy at all.

Well I don't know your situation but most people are happy about a new baby. I don't know what to tell you. My dh announced it in fb at 7 weeks (grrr) but it is what it is.

I think he's just worried about "people raining on my parade." Especially since both my sister and step brother are expecting babies right now. Plus, not too long ago my mom got rid of some baby stuff that I was storing in her basement and said "I figured you guys probably wouldn't have anymore kids" so it will be a shock since no one even knew that we were trying.. But we aren't a couple that likes to involve people in our business because my family and his family tend to get over involved. I know my family will be happy, although at first they will be shocked a little.

Dh family gets over involved too! So annoying! My family is the complete opposite. We give each other privacy and don't get involved with decisions...unfortunately I'm stuck in tx with his family. I saw them this past weekend and I couldn't get away! I love talking about baby with dh but I dont want to share every detail with every one of his family members. Leave me alone!

Sorry for the rant.

I guess I can understand his point of view if you know they'll be over involved. Completely get it. But you can only hide a pregnancy so long, so...

Omg I know! And my mom is super nosey! She will come over and if there is bags from the store on the table, she will look through them, she'll look at my mail on the table and the other day she was looking at my calendar which had all my appointment dates on it and didn't even say anything lol.. But she thinks it's normal to just snoop! I've told her about this too and she's just oblivious to it or something!

Oh yeah I know! We will tell soon. Just trying to figure out how and when.

Lol I will commend my mom on not being a snoop. She's actually my biggest supporter and will only give advice/opinions if I ask for it. She doesn't snoop but the last time she was here was when I had my second ectopic and was recovering from the surgery. She had taken me grocery shopping but I was too tires to put everything away. The next morning I woke up and she had put everything away to the best of her ability and cleaned up a bit (I couldn't bend over or stretch to reach anything). She's coming to visit on the 24th and I can't wait!

Hi girls. Sorry I've been Gone a few days, work was so busy and I have been so exhausted all the time!!

Mcwhmm, I love my doppler and am so so glad I got it. I find the heartbeat easy now and it's just nice to know I can listen if I need to. I do agree it takes something away at the dr but I need the reassurance. I didn't have to pay for mine I borrowed it but I will buy one if I get pregnant again for sure! And in sorry you had an argument. You will figure it out!!

We are waiting until our NT scan Thursday and then telling his family and I may spill it at work the next day since I'll be 12w6d then but part of me wants to keep it a secret just because. I won't though because some already know.

Sorry about your over involved families. I honestly can say I'm very lucky there. My step mom can be a pain but not too bad most of the time.

We went to my brothers finally and told him and his family and they were so happy. I'm so glad we finally got to tell them. They couldn't believe I kept it from them this long but understood why. Now my brother is all worried about me and anxious lol.

I can't wait for some energy to come back again. I get tired so fast and have no stamina at all anymore. How about you ladies?

Welcome back dini. I was wondering where you've been! I will admit I did absolutely NOTHING today. Nothing. And it was all I thought it could be. Dh and I just hung out on the couch. I figure my days of not moving are limited so I'm going to enjoy them while I can lol

Mod I plan to do just that today...except I have to go to the grocery store :dohh:

I had the most awful dream last night, and could not go back to sleep. I was at work and started spotting, so I texted DH that I was going to the ER. But for some reason a bunch of us had to go to another hospital. When we got there I texted DH to come get me and we would go back to my hospital to the ER. But then I started with lots of bleeding, bright red and lots of clots. No one I was with knew I was pregnant so it made it so much worse. I was crying and so upset, and it seemed so so real! I'm telling you I ran to the living room to get the doppler! If I didn't have that I would have gone to the ER and made something up to make sure baby was okay. But baby is swimming around in there with a heart rate of 176 and seems to be fine, and no spotting. No idea where that dream came from unless maybe I was worried that telling my brother somehow jinxed it...Ugh!! So glad to be awake now!

I'm sorry! Those kind of dreams about baby are horrible! I've only had one so far. I dreamt I gave birth to a boy (dh wasn't there and the hospital let us leave soon after the birth). I had to run errands and go to work-my high school job- before going home. I sent dh 2 pictures throughout the day and while I was at work the baby disappeared. Even the pictures on the text messages just turned to big white boxes with the little error symbol in the corner. Ugh it was horrible! So I can kind of understand where you're coming from. Sorta. I'm glad you had your Doppler for reassurance though. I think we just stress ourselves our so much about baby being healthy that it triggers that sort of dream.

That is entirely possible. And maybe finally announcing it to my brother made it seem that much more real. I don't know but that's the first dream I've even had about the baby, so it was really upsetting.

I'm trying to take my mind off of it and look for good recipes, mostly crock pot ones because I am tired of taking peanut butter and jelly to work! I hate frozen dinners because you reheat them in plastic and I don't like that..too many chemicals. Can't eat lunch meat anymore which was an easy lunch. Anyone have any good ones?? I found a few, and am totally excited about making ham and beans with corn bread lol.

As the winter months approach I'm excited to make chicken soup again. In the crock pot. Super easy!

Place 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts on bottom of ceockpot
Add veggies (I use carrots and celery)
Put two cream of chicken sopu cans in (or one cream of chicken, one cream of celery)
One carton of chicken broth
Fill up the rest with water to cover all veggies
About 2 hours before you're ready to eat toss in two tubes of biscuits ripped in half to make dumplings
The dumplings are amazing and the soup is super good.

Now I wanna make chicken soup

Mmmmm chicken noodle soup sounds lovely! It's soooo cold here!

I haven't had any dreams about the baby, but I have had some very strange dreams for sure!

Anyways, my Doppler came yesterday and I just used it about 5 minutes ago. I'm wondering how accurate the reading is on the sonoline b. On my left side I kept picking up what I know was my heartbeat because it was 80. Then on my right side kind of toward the middle I kept picking up a sound I think was the baby. The heart beat, if that's what it was, ranged from 125-160. But the beat seemed consistent but the numbers kept changing. I didn't know if I should ignore those numbers or if that wasn't the baby?

I know I looked into the angelsounds one and the reviews said the HB wasn't accurate on it, so maybe its the same for the one you have.

So cool that you got it though!

One of the reviews I watched too said that the longer you hold it there, the more it will pick up an accurate reading.. But if the baby is moving around, obviously that isn't possible! Lol

Oh and to add to the comments about being tired, I can totally relate!! Yesterday we didn't leave the house AT all except for to go get groceries and to get a movie and by the time we got home, I was exhausted! I kept thinking to myself "I didn't even do anything today!" Then today, I woke up at about 830, made DD breakfast and then she fell back asleep and I did too until 1230 and we both have just been lounging on the couch since then. I have an assignment to work on that's due at midnight and I can't bring myself to get busy on it! Lol

The doppler arent always exact and they are right the longer you hold it there the more accurate it will be but I have the same problem as you, baby keeps moving around and it's hard to catch it!! Look up YouTube videos on tips. It helped me quite a bit!

I decided to make chicken and stuffing in the crockpot and it smells so good. I hope it tastes good as well! Going to make mashed potatoes as well yum!!

Ladies one more week until my next scan!! I'm so excited! We're any of you able to see my scan pic last week at 9+5?? I posted it to the April bunnies link but couldn't get it to post onto this one! I will try again tonight after work! Just had to share my joy! Talk to you all soon! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->