Plus sized in the second trimester!

Dini- sounds like you've had it all! No fun:( hopefully things get better! My immune system is not working at all I don't think lol. I've never had a cold for two weeks!

Had my appt today and the first nurse that I dealt with was a huge B word!! She didn't say a word to me and then got out the Doppler and couldn't find the heartbeat so after trying for a few minutes she said "I'll go see what he says" meaning my doctor. She then walked out of the room and slammed the door. Then another nurse came in and found the heartbeat no problem! The baby was hiding way down so it was so soft. I was worried! The doctor also ordered an ultrasound and man oh man is this little baby a mover! The baby was literally running circles in my uterus and jumping and bending all over the place! Every once in a while I think I feel something down there and it very well may be after seeing this crazy baby! I actually measured 11 weeks today so they moved my due date back to April 15th. I also scheduled my gender scan for November! I can't believe that it's already going to be coming so soon! It's alrrsdy almost October!:)

Omg what great news!! I can't wait until my baby is big enough and I can see him moving around!! What a horrible first nurse! It's like if you don't like your job than don't be here! Being a nurse means u must be compassionate! Come on! Anyways glad that didn't ruin your mood! Congrats gurl! :happydance:

Exactly! And dont just not say a word! I was like shaking by the time the second nurse came in because I was nervous! The second nurse was sooo nice too and so was the ultrasound tech. You're not that far behind me BSelck!:)

Aww that's soon cool! Well not about the first nurse but you know. I can't wait! We have our next appt Oct 10 so hopefully I'll get to see him again then! His cool that you got to see him move! Did they give you any pics?

Oct 10th is coming up mod!:) yeah I got a few pictures but it's not letting me post them on here from my phone for some reason.. I'll have to get them on my computer later:)

Its crazy how fast they grow in there. I just looked at your ticker an says baby is 2". I'm 9 weeks and 1"...so in two weeks when I go back Peanut will be 2"! That's so exciting it'll be that big in such a short amount of time.

Omg I know! And just two weeks ago when I had my private ultrasound the baby looked like a little blob and now baby already has arms and legs and you can actually tell the difference between the head and the body. I even saw the nose!

That's so cool! You're getting me all excited now lol. I doubt I'll see the nose but I'd be good for an arm or a leg! Or anything that just doesn't look like a blob lol

Ugh I hate when nurses are like that! I'm a nurse and let me tell you, I work with some of those. It's time to move on if you act like that around patients!

So glad you got to see such a developed baby! I can't wait for mine.

I'm feeling a bit better today but the headache is bad. Had my appt today and she found the heartbeat right away, nice and loud and strong in the 160's. She was counting/guessing so I don't know an exact number. She said "there's a real live peanut in there" it made me giggle.

They are going to call me in the next few days to schedule my NT scan so looks like on a week or two I'll get to see some arms and legs too!

Dini that's great!! Mod I'm dated 3 days behind you and my next appt is 3 days behind you too on Oct 13th! Can't wait!!! :baby:

My NT scan is scheduled for October 9th :).

Have a good weekend girls! I'm working so I'll check in at night. Tomorrow I'm 11 weeks!

Yay! All of those dates are coming up sooo soon!:) hopefully you all have great nursese ;) my next appt is oct 22 and then my next appt after that we will find out the gender!:) I can't believe how fast it is going! It seems like just yesterday us ladies on this thread were 6-7 weeks! We are all almost to second trimester already! We will have to start a thread and keep up over there when we make that transition!:)

Have you guys told everybody yet? Nobody and I mean nobody knows that I'm pregnant except for my DH. We were planning on telling everyone at 12 weeks. According to my scan pushing me ahead, I'll be 12 weeks on Wednesday (or Saturday by my old dates) and all of my family is going to be gone! Lol my dad and his wife are going to Vegas for my step brothers wedding, so there goes half of my family.. And my mom is taking my uncle and cousins to Florida. I'm actually getting nervous to tell everybody! I don't know how we are going to do it! Then I got to thinking.. I wonder how long I can keep it a secret? It's already going to be somewhat of a shock to everybody, but it would be even more of a shock if I said "I'm 4 months pregnant" when they had no idea! Lol I don't know what to do

Ugh my dh put it on fb after our 7 weeks scan after I asked him not to. So everyone already knows and has known. He made me so mad when he did that. I wanted to wait till we were at least 12 weeks but he was so damn excited that this baby is where its supposed to be and we got to see him and hear a HB that he just couldn't contain himself yet. My mom knew the same day we knew because I didn't want it to be a surprise to her if I ended up needing surgery again. Now she's excited too. My older sister is pregnant right now too, due in November, so she's been helping her get ready for baby and keeps emailing me pictures of stuff she has and doesn't want asking if I want it she'll mail it down to me. Lol so far I've gotten a bathtub, a tote of clothes, Dr browns bottles, and a few toys...all brand new that sis doesn't want! She also has a few hundred dollars in Walmart gift cards purchased so we can go buy a crib or stroller or whatever. By the way this is going I think the only thing I'll ask for at the baby shower is diapers!
And it is going fast! It does she like yesterday when our tickers said "your baby is the size ofba poppy seed" lol. We've come a long way so far...yay!

You could do so many cool things to tell people. Take your daughter to one of your parents houses wearing g a "Big Sister" shirt and see how long it takes them to figure it out lol. Pintrist is full of neat ways to tell people.

That's how it was with my first! I put It on fb right away. I can understand excitement:) that's awesome that you have so much stuff already! We still have DDs crib, mattress, just bought a brand new stroller that she hardly ever uses and it's neutral colors, plus I have all of DDs toys still! Lol I also plan on stocking up on diapers and asking for that for my baby shower! With DD we didn't have to buy diapers for like 6 months! Lol I aslo plan on stocking up on formula. I did this with DD and then her formula got switched sooo much due to colic, but as long as it is unopened and not expired, they will exchange it! I will really just need to get a car seat and clothes for "big things" but I'm not going to overdue it on clothes like I did with dD or at least try not to! lol she didn't fit into anything that I went crazy buying until it was the wrong season! I ended up getting rid of sooo many clothes that still had tags on them! By the way, dr Browns bottles are the best! I tried three different types of bottles with DD and although dr Browns are a pain to wash due to so many different parts, they are so worth it!

I have found a couple shirts on etsy that I like for DD and a couple of ideas on Pinterest, but it's sooooo hard to decide!

I just bought a shirt for DH's little brother for our reveal I. Etsy!

Quite a few people know. My best friend and his knew the day we found out. We told his parents and grandparents later that week and my dad and his wife the week after. I still haven't told my brother and his family yet and no extended family knows. Some people at work know because I had no choice but to tell them (can't take care if a patient getting chemo or radiation now) but not a lot. I've managed to keep it a secret longer than I thought. Now I'm nervous to tell people. We are waiting till out scan and I'll be almost 13 weeks then and I still don't know if we will wait till the following week or what.

I'm so glad it's moving faster for us! It seemed to drag that first few weeks. I bet it goes even faster the second trimester.

I found some cute ones on etsy! I need to get to ordering!! Usually shipping and everything is pretty quick though! I ordered a onesie off of etsy to tell DH. It is a St. Louis Cardinals onesie and says "daddy's little cardinals fan" and then on the back has our lasts name and his favorite number :) it only took like 4-5 days!
How is your guys sickness doing?? Lately my sickness has really subsided, except for today it has been horrible! My boob soreness has also come back. Every once in a while I also get some intense round ligament pain, especially when standing up after sitting or layingn down

Mcwhmm,

We have something serious to discuss here. I don't think we can be friends any longer...

The CARDINALS?!?!

Ugh they are my worst nightmare! A thorn in my side! I wanted sooooo so bad for them to get taken to AL instead of the Astros. THEN we may have a fighting chance!

BTW I'm a Brewers fan.

Lol! DH is born and raised in St Louis so we don't have a choice but to be a cardinals family :p SORRY!

Smh we can't beat them!!! Ever! They're like that annoying person that won't go away! Ugh! Dh is a Rangers fan and the Cardinals beat them out of two world series. The ONE playoff game I got to go to for the crew back in '08 the Cardinals beat them to go to the world series. I NEED their farm system to fall apart!!!!

Rant done.

Now we can be friends again. I can always hold onto my Packers being better than the Rams or the Chiefs.

(I know you probably couldn't tell but I'm a little into sports)

Word series is just right around he corner!:) lol

Oh yeah, I'll definitely give that to you.. Missouri in general is terrible at football! Lol

You guys are cracking me up! Well I'm safe right? I'm a Reds fan!

I'm also having bouts of nausea and dizziness again starting 2 days ago. I also seem to have skin colored little bumps on my neck like hives but small, and they don't itch but I know they can be a normal thing.

And yes, round ligament pain for sure, had some today when I coughed, took my breath away for a sec.

Let me say, I'm in love with smoothies right now! I haven't been eating well lately, just can't stomach veggies and we had a "snack in" yesterday at work, people brought in snack food, so I had a donut and 3 low cal pumpkin muffins, buffalo chicken dip, cheese ball..ugh so much junk! But I drink my smoothie with spinach and fruit and today I added chia seeds, so at least I'm getting nutrition in! It's so yummy too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->