Plus sized in the second trimester!

I had the same problem! They were much more comfortable but the band won't stay up and I think I could have used a size smaller but they didn't have one. They look good but they slide down. Maybe because I have no bump to hold them up. Still way better than regular jeans.

Yes I too just bought one pair of maternity jeans and two pairs of black maternity pants and I love them!!:thumbup:

I have yet to invest in anything maternity. My sis is letting me go through her clothes when I go home for Xmas so holding out for then if I can. If not yoga pants will do the trick

I wore a pair of my maternity jeans yesterday and this is going to sound really goofy, but it worked! Lol I tucked the band up into my bra and then wore a cami under my shirt that was fairly tight. Kept everything in place nicely!:p I remember doing this with my daughter also lol

The tricks we come up with to for comfy clothes to our growing bodies!! I can tell I have gained weight. I'm so nervous about my appt Thursday because I bet I will have gained 4-5lbs since my first visit. Although that would put me about 1lb under prepregnancy. I need to get a handle on the bad stuff and soon! We ordered Chinese at work today and I'm still feeling it.

I'm a bit late but can I join? I'm a size 16US and JUST found out I'm pregnant with my second. I gained 50 pounds with my first (oooops!) but managed to just lose it all and now I'm pregnant again at the same weight I was with the first (though my belly certainly doesn't seem the same…).

I don't have chance to read through all the previous posts but I have a question that may already have been talked about…

I want to make sure I gain very little weight. I'm talking 10 pounds MAX! Is it safe to lose while pregnant, since my bmi is 33? And if so…is it just eating healthy and being active?

I really don't think its advised to lose weight during pregnancy, but sometimes it is advised to gain very little if any weight. I'm a size 16 also and have list weight, but that's due to severe ms that just won't go away! My dr wasn't concerned about the weight I've lost, bit was concerned about the lack of fluids I've been able to keep down. I'd say ask your Dr before losing any really.

Thanks. Yeah I had terrible ms with my first and lost a lot in the beginning. It lasted the whole pregnancy but luckily diclectin helped! Hope it gets better for you!

Hi there Medzi! Glad to have you!! Congrats!

My midwife said I was safe to lose weight as long as it was due to healthy eating and not dieting. I would double check with your doctor to see how they feel though. I know weight loss in the first trimester is common. I lost about 6lbs but I the last two weeks I'm sure I put it back on. I have no will power right now. Absolutely none!!

Oh I know how you feel! I have an appointment on Wednesday and I'm sure I gained probably 5 pounds! But so far I haven't gained any! I'm just worried about gaining tons in the third trimester! That's what happened with my daughter! That's when the baby really starts packing on the pounds

It was just so hard to lose it all last time… I don't want to go through that again :/

It was just so hard to lose it all last time… I don't want to go through that again :/

I know what you mean! I've been big my whole life practically and losing weight is so hard. I was actively losing weight when we got pregnant, I had lost about 24lbs, and after we got pregnant I lost another 5.5 but I know I've put that back on. I'm aiming to be better than that the rest of the pregnancy, and I'm signing up for an Aqua Zumba class that starts next week and I'm hoping that gets me motivated to get moving more again. I was a lot more active before the BFP, but lost my energy so fast as well as the nausea and dizziness I just stopped exercising.

I keep telling myself as long as I don't gain all 29lbs back and end up where I was before I lost the weight to begin with I'll be okay.

I know how you ladies feel! I gained about 40-50 with my daughter and instantly lost 15ish and then had to work my butt off and actually ended up below my prepregnancy weight, but now after gaining weight after my miscarriage, I'm back to where I started with my daughter but haven't gained any but maybe 3 pounds or so since my bfp. I have no motivation most days now at all! Friday I cleaned the whole house, I mean deep cleaned! Switched pictures in frames and all and I felt like I ran a marathon after! Lol I am worried about losing the weight afterwards, but after doing it with my daughter, I know that I can do it and I know how to do it.

hey ladies!! Welcome medzi! Yes I've lost weight as well but I'm a little different - I've recently had gastric sleeve surgery so my body is almost forced to lose weight and I've lost a lot! But so far my doctor hasn't been worried because I'm eating as much as I can and slowly but surely starting to level out. I don't want to gain a lot either but in my case, I will gladly take just staying at the weight I'm at now!! As the others have said- I'm sure they don't recommend losing weight, but if you are due to ms or such it is ok because the baby will get what they need :)

Congrats on your new pregnancy!! :happydance:

Hi girls!

Had my doctors appt today at my regular doctor to go over labs. My weight is only up 2lbs since last month but still 2lbs down from prepregnancy. I feel like I've gained 10!

Also my calcium is low even though I take supplements daily. Guess I better up my intake as well.

My cholesterol is up too but it usually is. It's a little better than in some years past. I refuse to take meds for it but at some point I suppose I'll have to. It's genetic, my mom struggled with it and no matter how well I eat it is always a bit high.

I am finding myself anxious this week, I want to blink and be at least 20weeks lol.

Glad the check up went well! Bummer you had the appt that you didn't get a scan though. Extra calcium is pretty easy to supplement. Also glad you haven't gained much weight, I think we're all worried about that. I feel like I've gained a ton too we well see in a couple weeks. Ugh.

Well, I broke down and bought a Doppler. I just couldn't help myself any longer! Hopefully itll be here in the next few days.

Glad it went well!

I had a Doppler with my first! Just an angelcare. It was stressful at first because I could never find the heartbeat. Eventually I could find it all the time once I got further along :) It was pretty awesome and was reassuring when my kick counts were taking forever!

Yay dini! Glad your appointment went well! I always seem to be low on something too! Congrats on only gaining 2 pounds too! I have my appointment in a few hours and I want to close my eyes on the scale! Lol we will see! Another month closer!:)

Awh mod! You'll love it! I use mine a few times a week, especially if I have had a down day!

Hey ladies! Haven't read any of the new posts yet but wanted to update you all with my first ever belly pic before I head to work! I took this pic at 12 + 2 and sent it only to my best girlfriends :) hope everyone is doing well!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe