Plus sized in the second trimester!

Wow Dini that's horrible about your friend! Half way through. Man that really puts things into perspective doesn't it? A guy dh plays softball with lost his baby about two weeks ago and she was only about two weeks behind me. They kept saying the baby was in her cervix, which I'm not sure is possible? I dunno but I still feel bad for them. Them they needed to borrow money for her medication! Um...OK...something isn't right here. We're not in the best financial state either, but if I needed medication that costs $40 we have that. How would they afford a baby if they can't afford $40? Maybe I'm just being judgmental, which I know is bad, so I'm sorry.

Mcwhmm what are you having? I've been stalking all day for an update!

We scheduled a private gender scan for Nov 15. I'll almost be 18 weeks so hopefully they'll be able to tell without a doubt.

Awh dini, that's so sad about your friend:( I wouldn't know what to do either. About 5 years ago my best friends lost her baby at 18 weeks and she just wanted to be left alone and didn't talk to anybody, which was hard because I wanted to be there for her! I'm sorry you're in so much pain! As much as it would suck, if rest is what you need then it's best! Also, I didn't think 160 was high for a hb. They always tell me that between 120 and 180 is normal. Mine was 155 yesterday.

Sorry to keep you guys waiting lol!

It's a girl!!

The place was amazing too! I know every private scan place is different, but this place was amazing! I got to lay on an actual bed with propped up pillows (so comfy) and they had a projector screen on the wall right in front of us so we could see baby! Our tech was awesome and explained everything! My due date actually got pushed ahead again by one day. I'll post a pic later. We got a great 3d shot! Also about 5 great potty shots. No denying she's all girl! We also got a DVD, 5 printed pictures, and a CD! All for under $100

Here's one of the 3d shots :) She has her arms between her legs with her hand on her knee. I just re-watched the DVD of the ultrasound and I just melted :blush: She was sucking her little thumb and waving and kept hiding her little face with her hands, just like DD! She was hugged up right on the placenta. The tech kept saying, "she loves her mommy, she's all cuddled up to you."

I can't wait to see her again at my next ultrasound on the 18th.. It's gonna be so hard though after that to not be able to see her until she is born! At least I should start feeling her more regularly soon :) I can definitely feel her flipping around and I can feel when she kicks on my bladder, which the tech also showed me in the ultrasound, lol.

I'm so stuck on names now ladies.

Do you guys have names decided yet?

whoops! Forgot to post the pic :haha:

Attachments

• IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1
Congrats Mcwhmm! I'm so happy all is well and that you are having another girl!! What a cute picture of your LO!!

I think we will switch our 2D scan in a few weeks to a 3D just for the extra reassurance that we will know what it is.

We have a solid name for a girl, so I'm sure it is a boy lol. Our girl name is Cassidee Ann. My nieces name is Cassie and the other Sidnee, and my mom and his mom's middle names are Ann so it seemed perfect. Of course we aren't certain for a boy's name but we are toying with the name Blaze. It's a family name on my Dad's side, I think it was his great grandfather, he was actually the first person (not native american) to settle in a neighboring county here. I like it and so does DH so we may go with it but I've had some people turn up their noses to it.

Have any you are thinking about mcwhmm?

So cute! And congrats on another girl!

We have our girl name set as Laken Rae. I saw the name years ago and was dead set on that being my first girls name, should I have one. Our boy name so far is Colby Ray. Its not difinitive yet though. Its what I want but dh hasn't really thrown out any names to me. Those are the only two I've mentioned to him and he said he likes both. The middle name has to be Rae/Ray as its after his late uncle who practically raised him.

I love Cassidee! And I also love blaze! I like different names and I wouldn't care what other people said :) I have some that I like but I'm not sure on anything! I also love laken! Our LOs name has to start with a k tho. All the girls on DH side have K and the boys C. I have a few that I like but none of then really pop out as being the "one" but I like Kenna, Kennedy, and one other one that I can't even think of right now! Haha I love the name Karsyn for a girl but DHs DS is carter and I think that's too close of a name

Yeah that is pretty close for siblings. I've honestly never looked at "k" names because I hate writing ks. Every one I write looks ugly. I also hate capital R's and j's so those letters are out for me for a name that starts with them. They can be in them, just not start with them. I know that probably sounds ridiculous but oh well. I love C's and L's, so luckily I've found names under those letters lol. So Dini, loving your girls name lol. Dh had originally wanted Kinsley or Kinley or Kinsie for a girl, but as Kinsler no longer plays for the Rangers hes OK with Laken lol.

I love the name Laken that's cute!

I like K names myself but also love C names for girls my name starts with a C as did my moms. Actually if its a girl she would have the same initials as I do and I had the same as my mom before I got married.

Happy 16wks to me! Need these next few weeks to fly by before my ultrasound lol. I'm really hoping the next few months will go fast since the holidays are nearly here. I fugure once the holidays are over I'll be about 25 weeks and maybe it will go faster then.

You'll definitely almost be out of the second tri! Man that's crazy!

Mod, lol that makes perfect sense. I hate writing capital J's too! I love the name Kinley, obviously lol with DD, I just knew that was going to be here name. I feel like when you find the right name it just kind of smacks you in the fact lol. I love Laken though too as I have mentioned! And while we are on the subject of baseball.. I'm sure you're happy that the Cardinals didn't make it to the World Series this year! lol

Dini, did you decide if you're doing a private ultrasound? It feels like my next appointment is already coming up so soon. I don't want to get back on that dang scale! Happy 16 weeks! :) I can hardly believe that by the Holidays we will almost be out of the second trimester already. I keep forgetting to ask my Dr about appointments. I think that is when you start going twice a week though? Or maybe that's not until 30 weeks.

Our boys name that we had decided on was Cason. I still love that name and when I have been searching name websites for girl K names, I have seen Kasen come up. What do you ladies think of that for a girl?

Casen was one of my top choices for a boy! But someone I know recently named his child that now I can't have it. I've never heard Kasen for a girl. Sounds a little masculine to me IMO. I have seen Colby/Kolby for a girl though...not that I'm biased or anything though :)

PS...ecstatic the cards didn't make the world series. Really wanted the Royals to take it though. Damn giants

Mcwhmm, I did book a private scan, it is just a 2d, but I think I'm going to change it to a 3d. It's November 19th. My next appt is November 18th, so busy couple of days.

Question for you ladies..should we start a new thread with a new name since we are all out of the First Trimester?

There is a thread on here for Plus sized mummies, but I feel like we've been together and I want to keep this one going. I believe the ladies in the other thread are much further along than we are. Of course I'd be totally okay if others stop in and join the convo even if they are in the First Trimester.

Yes Dini! I think we should start fresh in the 2nd tri threads!!

Dini, that's so exciting!! That's coming up soon! My next appointment is the 18th too! I can't believe we are almost already half way done!

Mod, did I see a post on another thread that tou have a gender scan coming up soon too?? Sometimes I can't kee things straight lol

I agree though with starting fresh in the second trimester:)

How have you ladies been doing with eating? I've been bad this weekend! Me and DH have been into DDs Halloween candy like crazy ... Oops lol I told him whatever is not gone by next weekend is going somewhere else because I don't want it sitting around tempting me forever!

Lol mcwhmm @ the candy. Luckily fore sweets still make me sick so I stear clear! I can definitely see how it would be enticing though! Dh can't stay away from candy or ice cream if its in the house.

And yes, we have a gender scan scheduled for the 15th. Its just a 2d though. Its $60 and they give us a $25 coupon for a 3d scan later in the pregnancy, so we'll probably go back closer to 30 weeks to so that, which will only be $75 with the coupon. Hoping for a boy but will gladly be just as happy with a girl. At least then I could get some pink stuff.

Lol you're lucky! Thankfully DH is getting it gone! Lol she got quite the hall trick or treating... I'm talking her bag was full!

That's awesome mod! The place I went does the 25$ discount but its a little over an hour drive to get the the place that we went to so idk if we will take advantage or not, but the place was awesome!

We've all got appointments coming up!:)

I feel you all about the candy! My DH has a major sweet tooth and always wants to have junk in the house and I can't stop from eating it!!

My scan is also a 2d and its $79 but they have a special for a 2d/3d on weekdays for $99 so I think we will switch it. They give us a $10 coupon with the $79 visit but a 4d scan there is like $130 and I don't know if we will do it.

I would totally change the title if I knew how to. Anyone have any idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->