Plus sized in the second trimester!

So how you guys doing? Dr appt today was fairly uneventful, scheduled my scan for next month and that's about it. But...we do find out the gender next week, so yay! I still don't know if I want to know or not! I do but I don't. Ugh its such a hard decision! Mcwhmm already knows, but bsleck and dini, you guys going to find out?

Hey girl yes I know too! It's a BOY!! I got find out a few weeks ago because of blood testing- and for me, I have to know!! I'm such a planner that I couldn't imagine not knowing! They called with the results and were basically like "your baby is very healthy and normal, and... Your having a boy!! My nurse knew I couldn't wait to find out!! (I had called twice earlier that week hoping the results would be in lol)

Even if it was my second baby I would want to find the sex. However if I had one boy and one girl then I would finally be fine with staying team yellow.

I'm sorry I completely forgot that you had that blood test. My brain is mush these days. Oh bsleck we're hoping for a boy too. Just one more week till we find out though...ugh I still don't know if I want to know! I hoping if we can't tell from the scan dh will be OK with them putting it in an envelope and we can just share it together. Still, I don't know!!!!

We are finding out the 19th. I didn't want to know originally but DH did and now I can't wait to find out!

Haha must be a guy thing!

So...I was laying in bed last night and felt this weird sensation in my lower abdomen...paid more attention to it and it was Peanut! I wasn't expecting to feel anything for a few weeks but was pleasantly surprised. Also I havent felt anything since. But still, it was a happy moment.

I couldn't imagine not finding out! I'm a planner and like to have things ready! Also, there isn't much when buying things for gender neutral items I found.

Mod, that's exciting! I started feeling baby a few weeks ago but it's not at all consistent. I can't wait until it starts I be consistent!

Mod that's awesome!! I have a feeling you will get your boy! I also think sealing it in an envelope and opening it at a later date or a gender reveal party would be so fun!

So mil wants us to do a gender reveal party, but the next time we'll be able to do it is in two Saturdays and that's his daughters bday...and I don't really want to take away from her on her day. Now I'm gonna try to convince him on just us two knowing and everyone else finding out at the baby shower.

Mod I'm so glad you felt baby! I also started feeling light movement around 15.5 weeks but wasn't sure it was baby until a few days ago and it's not at all consistent. Like mcwhmm said i can't wait until it is!

However you reveal it it will be fun. When will you have your shower?

So will i be the last to know on this thread? You find out this week don't you mod?

Yeah we find out Saturday, assuming we don't do anything special with it. Of course you guys will be the first to know lol.

I'm assuming the shower will be March since I'm due in April. I havent run the idea by dh yet, but I will as soon as he comes to bed!

And I can't wait till I feel baby constantly. Actually I can't wait till its big enough so dh can feel it too. Still haven't felt it again but that's ok. Except I've found myself paying extra attention when laying down, just waiting to feel something again.

Mcwhmm you said you got a personalizes onesie for your dh with the cardinals and your last name, I went and found one for dh too. Got a rangers one with his softball number on the back. Everyone calls him Dino (like in the Flintstones) and I got it to say lil Dino on it and he loved it!

Omg I still just can't believe how far along we all are already! I saw someone's ticker earlier this week who had the same due date as me and it said 44% complete! We are almost all half way there! :)

I love the idea of a gender reveal party! It would also be cool to do the reveal at the baby shower. However, if you want gifts for your baby shower for the specific gender then I would tell before. Are you worried about the gender reveal being too soon and not enough time to plan if you did it the weekend after you find out? There are a lot of ideas on pintrest for gender reveals that are as simple and as complicated as you would like.

Awh that's so cute! I have been looking at more cardinals things on etsy for newborn pictures and found some of the cutest crochet hats!

Man you're 44% already? That's crazy. Its going by so fast!

I don't want to do the gender reveal the next weekend cuz its his daughters birthday. And Sunday is out to do anything since its football. So it would have to be Saturday and I just think it would take away from her. Ya know? Plus, I don't like big spectacles. I hate attention being on me so much. I'd rather be the person in the corner that everyone else forgets is there. His mom wants to do it though, so maybe I'll have cookies made for them for next weekend. I dunno.

Oh yes! Sorry! I read that first thing in the morning when I woke up and I forgot about that part! My bad! I am the same way! I can't stand attention being on me at all! I also agree with not taking away the spotlight from her on her big day. Perhaps you could work something together with her and she could be involved or help you make something? Idk how old she is or anything, but just an idea :)

I also don't want to make a big fuss. We are waiting a week after we find out to tell, at thanksgiving and I think we are going to wrap a big box of helium balloons in pink or blue and let the kids open it and maybe tie candy to the string to make it fun. If it's warm out we won't toe the candy, we will let them off out side. It's easy and cheap and his little brother will love opening the box while everyone waits to see.

I think our shower will be in mid to late February that way we still have time to buy things we didn't get.

Wow 44%. So close to halfway. I still have almost 3 weeks and it seems like an eternity. I'm hoping that once the holidays get into full swing it will make time go faster. I just want this baby to be here healthy and happy.

I definitely think the holidays will make time go by faster. Man after Christmas you guys will be close to the third tri! Crazy.

We're still undecided on when to do the cake. I guess a cake is happening now. The place I picked is on dh way home from work so he could just swing by after work and get it.

Also, my boobs were leaking this morning, which I know is normal, just seems a bit early. Anyways, it reminded me to call the insurance company and it turns out the cover 100% of the cost of a non hospital grade breast pump...not sure what makes it hospital grade, but yay!

I need to do the same thing mod. I know the insurance covers it but not sure how much. Never thought to call this early.

So my OB is trying to make me prepay my $2000 deductible starting now at $400/mo. I'm ticked because I don't have the money really since we are saving and my job puts $500 in and HSA and I am putting $1500 in my flexible spending account to completely cover my deductible. I'm going to argue with them when I go in next week but if they say I have to I may change doctors and I don't want to. I'm hoping since I have a plan in place they will leave me alone. But really at this time like I want to spend my money for a service I haven't received yet!

The only reason I called this early was because I'm not sure if the insurance will change or not. And now that I know what we have now covers 100% I'm going to ask my Dr to write me the recommendation before the end of the year. I just hope medela isn't considered hospital grade.

Dini its crap that they're trying to make you pay your deductible already. I would tell them no. They can't make you, its not next year yet! And threaten to leave, bet they back down quick. That's kind of stupid that they even brought that up.

Dini, that is crap! I have always been under the understanding that as long as you make some type of payment arrangement to get that paid, they will work with you, or should! That's ridiculous!

Tell me about it! I'm just hoping they will work with me. If they give me a bill after the first I think my flexible spending account will send me the $1500 and I could pay them then but I really didn't want to. I think I'll call my insurance company and find out their stand. And while I'm at it I'll ask about the breast pump.

Making chicken pot pie and mashed potatoes for dinner tonight and can't wait to eat. I cheat and use grands biscuits as the crust and just on top because it's easy.

Hopefully you get it figured out!

oooo sounds yummy! I made quesadilla burgers with pineapple in them.. One of my many pregnant concoctions. lol it was super good though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->