Plus sized in the second trimester!

Mod I'm waiting anxiously to see what you are having. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Mcwhmm, she wasn't impatient at all she tried for a very long time and was very nice about it. But I was worried about it and she was as well but she didn't show it until after we knew he was okay.

Lol we'r meeting at Chili's 8pm central time, so I'm assuming I won't know till 9:20-10, so about 3-3 1/2 hrs yet. Dh posted on fb and everyone's voting boy since I've been so sick, but all the old wives tales say girl your sick? I think. I really have no clue. Will update you guys tonight but not for sure when.

Yep old wives tale is sick its a girl, not sick its a boy and that most certainly held true for me, and my girlfriend at work. Actually most of my friends that had boys that seems true of and I've had a girl feeling for you but I had no feeling for myself lol.

oh, sorry dini! I read that story wrong then! I'm glad everything was okay though! It can be so nerve racking!

mod, almost time!!

Dini I had a girl feeling for you, but I was wrong lol.

Well guys, it's a girl. Tried really hard to not cry at the restaurant. Ugh I'm such a bad person.

Dini I had a girl feeling for you, but I was wrong lol.

Well guys, it's a girl. Tried really hard to not cry at the restaurant. Ugh I'm such a bad person.

Aww I'm sorry your sad mod but don't worry about feeling that way. You will be happy about it soon I'm sure. You will love her so very much. I do know how you feel a bit because I really wanted a girl for our first as it may be our only but I decided that healthy was all that mattered. I'm sad because I know I may never have that girl that myself and my MIL want so much but I know I will adore this little boy.

Just think, all the cute girls clothes and things you can buy!

Thanks Dini. I know I will love her with all my heart I was just so prepared for a boy and I wasn't ready to see pink yet. But I love my nieces to pieces so I have no doubt she'll be an awesome little girl.

See that's the way too look at it! How does DH feel?

Well he wanted a boy too but seems more ok with it than me. He hasn't really said much though. We actually haven't really said two sentences since leaving the restaurant.

Awh mod:/ I'm sorry you're sad! I second everything dini said! It may take a while to come around and that's nothing to feel bad about! DH wanted a boy and although he played it cool when we found out, I could tell he was a little disappointed. We really didn't talk about it other than names until this weekend when we went shopping and bought clothes. Now we both are okay using the word she when referring to the baby.

Here's one of our pictures from yesterday. Baby girls mouth kept moving and she was trying to get her hand in her mouth. It was sooo cute!

Mod, do you have any pictures of your cake? Scan?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 3
Awwww I love seeing ultrasound scans! Seeing baby is the highlight of my month since being pg. I go back in three weeks I think for the 20 week (will be 19w) scan.

We did a simple cake from the grocery store. I called a bakery and the lady said we could get the cake by Tuesday. So we went straight there after the us and the same lady said the bakers aren't in till Wednesday! What the hell? So we took it to the grocery store and they said no problem. Pkust it cost us $20 instead of $60. But here's a pic:

Attachments

• IMG_20141118_205605_476.jpg
    IMG_20141118_205605_476.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 4
Well that is a really cute cake!

Mcwhmm I love your scan pic, I'm jealous!! Baby boy would not move away from the placenta, so none of his face pics turned out, had one where he was waving but you can't see his face at all. She is letting me come back in 2 weeks at no cost though. He did show his bits though after some coughing and bouncing on a ball lol.

Here are a few

https://s30.postimg.org/hn1slh6xp/18_WKS4_DAYS_5_2.jpg

https://s30.postimg.org/xqiuz0xul/18_WKS4_DAYS_9_2.jpg

mod, that cake is super cute!

Dini, awh so precious :) That's exactly how baby girl was for our gender ultrasound at 16 weeks! She was completely hugging up on the placenta and wouldn't move for nothing! At my scan yesterday she was sleeping all curled out, but we got her moving enough to see her face :) That's awesome that you get to go back at no charge though!

Hey ladies!! I love coming back to this thread to see the gender reveals!! Dini congrats on your boy and mod congrats on your girl!! I know it will take some getting used to but there's always next time for a boy lol (are u wanting more kids?) and now we can all go shopping for what we need! My next scan is December 9th where I will get pictures and growth checks and everything :). I love your pictures Dini and mcwhmm!! I will be in. Minnesota with my family for our annual Christmas party dec 12th so they are throwing me a baby shower that Sunday afterwards and I'm really excited!! It sucks that it's out of state as I know I will prob just get a bunch of gift cards but on the other hand then I can pick out what I really want :)

So excited for my next appt as it is just before my shower!

Bsleck gift cards are probably the best thing! I love picking out my own stuff, especially since people keep talking about dresses and tutus. No way is any 3 month of mine wearing a tutu. I can't imagine that being comfortable for them.

My next scan is Dec 5, so I'm a few days ahead of you. They told me to prepare for a longer appt so I'm assuming it's the anomley scan? So far everything seems good and she has a steady HB of 155, so I'm not really worried about anything. They still are going to talk to us about the quad test and one other one again, but I'm not going to have it done. Only two weeks away from the half way point and I'm getting excited about that. Seems like not long ago I was 6 weeks. Oh how time flies lol.

Anyways, a little off topic, my sister had my nephew on Thursday. He's such a cute baby. I mean, let's be honest, some babies are not cute. My niece, for example, is very pretty now, but looked more like an alien for the first year than a human lol.

Bselck, gift cards are the best! I had such a hard time with DD and not buying things on my registery! Lol I couldn't wait to go get everything myself.. And let's face it.. Som people just pick out some very ugly things! Lol gift cards are the best!!

Mod, yeah that scan will take about 30 mins or so. I had my quad testing (I think that's what it was called) also on Tuesday. I can hardly believe how far along we are all either!!

Also, I was soooo terrified that DD was going to be ugly lol. Some babies definitely are ugly! And that's bad to say but it's true lol. One of nurses at the hospital when I had DD told me that DD was the cutest baby in the hospital lol

Bselck have fun at your shower! I think gift cards are great!! Also can't wait to see pictures.

Mod congrats on your nephew! I love all babies but yea some aren't all that cute.

I'm so glad to be close to 20 weeks, and can't wait till thanksgiving when we can tell family what we are having.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

We must have all gotten busy!

Just checking in to see how everybody is doing!?

How was everybody's thanksgiving?

Is everybody prepared for Christmas?

Things are great here! Definitely feeling baby move daily now and have started a nice stock pile of items ranging from bottles to diapers to clothes. I've got everything done and almost everything wrapped for Christmas except for a few items that I am making (thanks to pintrest;)) things are really moving right along! We all talked about how fast things would go around the holiday time. I'm actually hoping that come January, things slow down! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->