Plus sized in the second trimester!

Hey I was actually thinking about this thread yesterday. Things have been busy, and I'm OK with that!

I've also been feeling her move daily. No kicks yet, but definitely movements. Anatomy scan went great but she wouldnt cooperate so when I go back I'll be getting another scan. I'm so heartbroken lol.

I have the day off so I'm going to be cleaning out the closets and making room for baby.

How has everyone else been?

I was thinking about this thread yesterday!

Glad the holidays are going well girls. I'm not remotely ready for christmas. I'm not even in the mood to shop yet. I have bought three gifts so far lol. Although I usually make dog treats for the pet owners and something sweet for everyone I have a lot of gifts to get. I did get some good decorating done yesterday though.

I'm also feeling him move daily. Not consistent but i do feel him.

I'm currently waiting for my anatomy scan. I'm in the parking lot because I'm early. I left work and was supposed to go get DH but he has a terrible migraine and can't get off the couch. I feel terrible that've can't be here.

We still haven't bought anything yet. Not even a diaper lol. Maybe after this scan. I wanted to check out this cloth diaper store today after my appt but looks like that won't happen with DH at home sick. I'll check back after my scan.

I've considered cloth diapers but dh shot that down quick. No biggie. I plan on breastfeeding so what we save there will be for diapers.

How did the scan go? Dh almost wasn't able to make mine due to work. I was pretty bummed about it but his boss let him have the day as vacation so it worked out.

DH couldn't make it to mine either even though he was off. He had a terrible migraine. The scan went great. He wasn't xooperatove at all but she got all the measurements at least. He looks perfect and is measuring right on and weighs in at 15oz which is great.

We may look into gdiapers, they are kinda half cloth half disposable and I want to do more natural disposables for the ones we do use, like the honest company. Plus they are so darn cute!

Here is the scan pic, he sure likes his thumb!

https://i61.tinypic.com/2s7xsvl.jpg

What a cute profile pic! When I went she was facing my back so they weren't able to get the heart or her face. Needless to say they weren't able get a good profile pic.

As for Christmas, we're not doing much here. Going home to WI for Xmas and new years so I'm pretty excited about that. Just been getting things offline and having them sent to my parents house for my mom to wrap (lucky her!). We were also able to get a crib, mattress, and matching dresser from one of dh friends for $100 and it's in amazing condition. So pretty excited about that.

Wow mod that's a great deal! I started looking at car seats and strollers tonight on Amazon and wow, the good ones are so expensive! Hoe someone buys them for us at the shower. I wanted to buy the car seat ourselves though so we can have it but may add it to the registry.

Going home for the holidays sounds fun. And the time will fly by and before you know it, we will be able to say our babies are due "this year!"

Yes car seats are ridiculous! We got a chicco travel system from buybuy baby. Used a 20% off coupon so it ended costing $260 I believe, which is basically how much the seat itself is. Parents are usually good for this big ticket items.

And defitely can't wait to say our babies are due this year! I'm so excited to meet her.

Hey ladies!! Yes the Holidays are in full effect! Been busy but it's good!! Mod I'm so happy your scan went well and at least you get to see baby girl again!! Dini that is such a cute pic of him sucking his thumb!! My 20 week scan is tomorrow and I'm so excited!! Still naturally a little nervous but way more excited than previous scans!

As for me, I'm pretty much finished with my Christmas shopping but I did a lot of it online so I'm awaiting their arrival!!

My OH has two daughters and we have them for Christmas this year so I am very excited to play Santa for them and see their faces when opening gifts!!

I'm always thinking about you ladies!! Wish me luck tomorrow!! I'll try and post some pics tomorrow night! :happydance: :baby:

Mod that sounds like a great deal on the travel system. I should start looking at coupons.

Bselck can't wait for your scan results!

Good luck on your scan! Update with pics please!

Dini what a cute picture! Glad everyone is doing well! And mod, I wouldn't complain at all about another scan! Lol I'm having a hard time coming the the realization that we won't get another one:( i have been looking at a double stroller and trying to decide on it and also a car seat.. Waiting until after Christmas so buy big things tho really.

I can't wait for Christmas! It's the first year we are doing Santa with DD!:) we saw Santa at the mall on Saturday and she told him happy Christmas lol..

Update us with your scan results!.)

Hey ladies!! Scan went great!! Heartbeat was 157bpm and of lil mans measurements were in the 65th-85th percentile!! We got the classic "it's a boy" pic but i love the profile pics better because you can tell what he's doing and see his full body! He weighs 12oz and is looking good!! Such a relief and I'm so happy!! I'm going to try to post a pic of the baby and a pic of my belly!! :baby:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 5
And here's my most recent belly pic!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 3
Awe bselck he is so cute!! And your belly is gorgeous. So glad the scan went well.

Mcwhmm, that is so adorable that your dd told Santa happy Christmas!

I just realized I have just over two weeks till Christmas and I have so much shopping to do and haven't even gotten my cards yet. I hope I am feeling better by the weekend so I can do some shopping. DH and I were actually talking about going to look at babies r us to get ideas but maybe we should wait till after Christmas.

Glad all went well. Very cute profile pic and bump pic! I'm not really showing yet.

When we had our scan last Friday she was measuring 11 oz and in the 50th percentile. So right smack dab in the middle. Makes me hopeful she'll be a little girl and not like me! Lol

Dini two weeks! Yay. That means I get to see my family, so yeah. Lol not much time to do much before then. I'm going to register when I'm home. Honestly thinking of doing Walmart and target and leaving the baby stores out if it. I dunno though. There's just so much stuff in them its a little overwhelming.

That's true mod, we are going to register at target for sure. Probably babies r us and maybe Amazon but I want to go look at the stuff in person before registering online. A lot of DH's family shops online.

I got another gift ordered today I hope it gets here in time. DH's little sister is handicapped and profoundly MRDD, she's almost 17 and so sweet. I ordered her a special scarf with her name embroidered on it. They are made for special needs kids k catch their drool without looking like a bib. My MIL is going to love it!

Oh that's so sweet! I'm sure she'll love it.

And I completely understand wanting to go check things out first. $10 can mean so much when it comes to quality.

Thanks ladies!! Mod I totally know what you mean about checking in on the growth and weight and guessing what body type the babies will take after!! Dini that is so sweet for your sister in law!!! She will love it!!

Talk to you all soon!! :hugs:

BSelck, what an adorable little profile! Glad everything went well too! Also, you're bump is adorable! I am the size of a dang whale already lol.

Mod, I only registered at Target with DD and didn't even think to register at more than one store! lol Quite a few people got me gift cards too, which I loved! Some even got me a gift card that said it was for ME and to get something that I wanted since Mommy's get "left out." lol. I had a hard time with being nosey though and I would constantly check my registry and see what had been boughten, although I didn't know who was buying it, it ruined the fun lol.

Dini, Amazon is a great idea! I never even thought about that! They always have great deals and bulk items as well as big items. I totally know what you mean though about wanting to see stuff before you buy it or put it on the registry. When I got DDs new stroller last year, I took every stroller off of the shelf and wheeled it around the store before deciding lol.. how else are you supposed to know?

I just remembered that I go back already on Monday for my next appointment ... at least I think that is when it is? I will have to check, the appointment card is in my car :x Not going to be a very exciting appointment.. all the exciting parts are over lol.. coming up soon we all have the glucose test to look forward to:p

Oh, something funny too that I forgot to share, I was cleaning out my closet, drawers, etc and found a bag that had cards from DH and me to each other over the last few years and in that bag too was the pregnancy test that I showed him. It's a clear blue digital and it says that they are supposed to stay on for at least 24 hours. I was so worried that day that it would turn off before DH saw it... well, guess what ladies, that sucker is STILL on! That must be some type of record or something lol. I took that test probably about 18 weeks ago!

Wow mcwhmm, that's crazy it's still on! Mine turned off about 3 days later.

I'm still not showing but I've gained 10lbs :-(. I really need to watch the junk I've been eating. My mw didn't seem concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->