Plus sized in the second trimester!

Zackary Allen Kuenz

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 10
My husband has two daughters whose names are intertwined in that tattoo. So all of our kids are together in this pic :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 8
Our first family photo :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 4
Oh my goodness bsleck! Well first off...CONGRATS! How amazing it is that he was born so early and is growing! That's such good news! How are you guys doing? He is so tiny. Has he gained any weight since the 2nd? That had to be such a traumatic experience with the best possible outcome! What a beautiful little baby boy you guys have there. Sending prayers your way.

OMG BSelck! Congrats Girls! What a beautiful miracle boy you guys have there! That's awesome that he is doing so well! Prayers sent your way that everything continues that way! What a way to bring in the new year!

One of my really good friends had her baby at 26 weeks and he was 1lb 5oz. He had his ups and downs in the NICU, where he stayed for 5 months, but he is not a healthy boy and will turn 3 in less than a month. He is still on the small side, but is the same height as my daughter and is the smartest little boy I know :)

Thanks so much ladies!! Yes it has been the scariest thing to go through but I am so blessed and thankful that he is doing so well!! He hasn't gained any weight yet because as they take blood and fluids for testing he looses weight. However he is peeing and pooping and is just now starting to take in somebreast milk and actually process it correctly (yes it is amazing that I am able to pump my breast milk and that my body knew just what to do even this early). We have been living off of family support and prayers and have been visitng Zackary in the NICU as much as possible!

I love him so much! So scary but so worth it! (They said he would have died in the womb because of my infection so although his delivery was WAY earlier than expected I know it was worth it)

That is so good to hear other premie success stories! My sonogram the day of delivery predicted Zackary would weigh 1lb 5oz but he actually came out 1lb 9oz so that was a blessing as well! He will definitely be in the NICU until his actual due date but I know he is in good hands!!

Thanks for the support ladies!!

Its so aweome that everything is progressing so well. And good to hear he weighed more than what was predicted. I hope your little man starts gaining weight soon. And that is pretty cool that your body knew what to do. Crazy how things work. I know he'll be in the NICU for a while yet, but good thing you had some early showers!

Wow Bselck, I just can't believe it! You all look so good! 23 weeks and he's so big and really looks so much older to me. I am so happy he is doing well, what a miracle boy he is! Please keep us updated, I will keep you in my prayers.

How's everybody doing? Anybody have anything new and exciting to share?:p

Bselck- how's your little miracle doing?

Nothing exciting here. Was having terrible pressure last week and went into the doc to find that I had a UTI. I should have known. The only other time in my life I have had one was when I was pregnant with DD. Also I have my lovely glucose test a week from today. I've been TRYING to eat less sweets lol..

Other than that I have been stressing myself out and wanting to pull my hair out trying to find a double stroller that I like:p

Hey girl! That sucks about your UTI but at least you noticed and went to the doctor! Glad you're doing so well!

As for me, Zackary is truly a miracle! He is two weeks old today! (gestation age is now 25 weeks 1 day). He is such a fighter! He has had 3 brain scans that are all clear with no bleeding! He is up to 4ml of my breast milk every 3 hours and he is digesting that well! He just had his 2nd blood transfusion yesterday because his body cannot make its own blood right now and when they take it for testing he cannot replace it.

His lungs are still improving but we found out that is the last thing to develop so it will be a long time before they are fully grown. I guess even babies born at 35 weeks have insufficient lungs.

He is now on a ventilator that supports his own breathing and he is squinting a bunch trying to open his eyes!!

He LOVES laying on a pillow on his stomach and has much better stats when he's in that position! It's so funny!

Other than that he hates being poked and prodded from the nurses and if he could cry he would be screaming! His lil face gets all scrunched up and he flails his lil arms and legs, I just want to hold him! We've been able to touch him in the incubator but no holding yet.

Hope you are all doing well baking those babies! :baby:

Mcwhmm, glad you got to the Doctor! I almost went myself from pressure but waited a day and it got better so I think he was just sitting low. We have our glucose tests the same day, mine is next Friday morning. I hope we both pass with flying colors!

Bselck I'm so happy to hear how well he is doing. What a miracle he is! He sounds so strong! It's amazing how well he is doing. Please keep us posted! I hope you get to hold him soon.

So question for you girls, do you think the third trimester starts at 27 or 28 weeks. I thought 27 (which I am today!) but all my apps still have me in the second.

Bsleck I hope you get to hold him soon too! That must be so hard!

Well on here it says 27 week, but I don't really know lol. It probably doesn't really matter. Whenever you feel comfortable. I've been going over there a few times already.

Have you guys registered yet? Everyone keeps telling me Target isn't enough and I need to go to buy buy Baby or Babies r Us too...but I'm just not feeling up to it anymore. At first I was all gung-ho about it but now I'm just like, eh. I don't want a shower anymore so it's not something at the top of my list.

Did you guys have your glucose test already? I have mine in a couple weeks and still think I'll fail.

Bselck, he sounds like one strong little boy! That's awesome that he's doing so well! Hopefully you get to hold him soon! Keep us update and we would love some new pictures too :)

Dini, it was soo bad the day that I went that I couldn't even walk! Thankfully the medication took care of that, but I still have a lot of pressure. When I lay down at night I'm pretty much stuck however I lay down because I can't roll over because of the pressure I feel down low. It feels like I'm being forced to do the splits or something. DH actually has to push me over when I want to roll over! HAHAH I'm going to mention it at my appointment on Friday, but I'm thinking the same, she is probably just low and maybe head down too. I know DD was head down at 30 weeks.

Mod, I'm actually not registering anywhere just because it's my second and we have been getting everything we need or already have it. But, with DD I just registered at Target. It was enough for me because Target has everything that was needed. I would say that if there are some things that Target doesn't carry that you want, then I would suggest registering at another place or just simply tell someone about that item. A lot of my bigger items with DD I didn't put on the registry, I just told my mom or grandma about to give them some ideas. I just figured that my friends and other people who would come would buy the less expensive items. Gift cards to anywhere are always nice though! :)

Oh and in regards to second semester/third trimester, I definitely FEEL third trimester, but I have been sticking around in second trimester because when I have popped over to third trimester, it seems to be more labor watching and things that I'm not ready to think about! Lol, all of the ladies over here in second trimester have been soooo helpful with my daily rants and questions and I'm not ready to leave :p

Oh and one more thing that was funny. Last night I was opening a water bottle in the kitchen and I squeezed it because the lid was stuck and was hard to open so of coarse the water spilled all over and I said "oops." DH came running into the kitchen and thought my water had broken! HAHAHA.

Mod, I have registered at Amazon and just did babies r us yesterday. I'm doing target but babies r us was fun. But you should register wherever you want to! I'm hoping to do target Tuesday or Friday this week. Babies r us had the play yard I really want and the matching bouncer and swing. However Amazon has the crib I want. I just registered there because whatever you don't get off your registry you get a discount on. Oh and I think both me and mcwhmm have our GTT on Friday. I am certain I'll fail!

Mcwhmm I have decide I consider myself in the third but I'm mostly staying here for now. Like you said the third trimester boards are more about labor right now. I was just wondering what your thoughts wrere on it.

I'm having a lot of back and hip and pelvic pain. I think it's pelvic girdle pain. I'm waddling by the end of a shift now because of it. And today my legs are swollen :-(. I checked my blood pressure at work and it was good so it must just be because I'm on my feet. Maybe I need to break out the compression socks.

So I could register on Amazon even though I'm not having a shower and get a discount on stuff? Lol

I'm pretty sure I'll fail too... I was doing fairly good last week with my eating, but today was TERRIBLE!

I feel third trimester because when I look in the mirror I can't imagine getting any bigger! Lol

Something that was mentioned at my last appointment too was getting one of those support "belt" things that are supposed to relieve tension and pressure on your back and hips by kind of holding up your belly.. I'm not sure I want to invest in one of those though.

I think you could register anywhere and get the discount. I know target and buybuy baby give you a completion discount 8 weeks prior to your due date.

I've been getting these sharp shooting pains in my abdomen. Some are stomach area but must are lower where baby is, but on the sides if that makes sense. Man they hurt! Stop me in my tracks! They're not constant and don't happen when I'm taking it easy but my god when I start working I'm doubling over. Are these braxton Hicks?

Yeah you could totally register and then get a discount. Plus it's fun to look at everything.

Mod they could be, some people say they are painful. I've been getting kicked in the cervix all day long and its quite uncomfortable! I've not had any BH that I know of yet.

What all places have the discounts again that you know of? Amazon doesn't let you use the discount until after your account has been created for more than two weeks, Lol.. Gives me some time to look :p

Dini, good luck on your glucose test today! I have mine at 1:15pm. I am not looking forward to it! I've been TRYING to be good this week though and the past few days haven't been bad, with the exception of my donut binge on Wednesday! Lol It seems like the last few days my hunger has really slowed down, a lot. I don't know if that is normal?

I am going to talk to my doctor again about this pain too. The medication for my UTI took away my back pain for the most part and I'm not doubting that I had one because I had one with DD too, but the last two days I am in terrible pain again! I feel like the is going to fall out of my cervix or something! Like I'm being split in half. It's terrible when I go to roll over in bed, if I'm sitting and trying to get comfortable or when I stand up from a sitting position. I googled it and looks like it's pelvic girdle pain, which really nothing can be done for but take it easy and look into a support belt or chiropractor. I don't know if I can stand this pain for another 11-12 weeks! :p

Mod, how's the registering coming? Are you still experiencing contractions? I think I may have had some last night? Possibly? Lol

Bselck, how's you're precious little boy doing? :) Any Updates? How are you doing as well?

I know that Target, Babies r Us, and Buy Buy Baby all give you completion discounts like 7-8 weeks prior to your due date...which for you is almost there!

My sister had a dislocated pelvis with her last pregnancy. There was nothing she could do about it but went away right after he was born. She said rolling over in bed was the worst pain ever. Sounds like you may be in for a painful third tri. Sorry! Any luck finding a stroller you like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->