Plus sized in the second trimester!

Can't wait for my appointment on Thursday!! Not only will I get to see my baby for the first time, but I hope to come away with some anti-nausea medicine! The nausea has been extreme this last week and i looked it up and supposedly it's because the baby is getting bigger and able to move around more- so I'll take it is a positive sign!

I hope your scan goes well! Can't wait for pics!! Also hope you get some medicine I'm sure you are over the nausea!!

I'm to tired to post much, so I'll try tomorrow!

Try to get diclegis. It does make you sleepy but it works so well! The other option is the zofran which constipated you

Just wanted to say hi girls!

Tried the Doppler again tonight but baby won't cooperate. I heard it for about 2-3 seconds and it was gone but I'll try again tomorrow. At least I got a good one Monday!

Hi girls, how are you feeling today??

BSelck, how did your appt go?? Did you get something for the nausea??

The nausea came back today but it seems to be getting better this evening.

I found baby first thing this morning with a good strong heartbeat in the high 170's. Just found it again this evening right away. Doppler read 157.

It is just the best sound in the world!

So cool that you're able to find baby right away! That must be so neat! I'm still going back and forth with getting one or not.

I didn't take my anti nausea meds last night so we'll see how today goes. So far so good this morning. Hopefully its gotten better in the last week. Not sure how long it takes for them to get out of your system though.

Well as long as you are feeling better that's all that matters! I found baby again right away this morning, apparently baby likes mornings :haha:

I'd totally recommend it, but wait till about 9 weeks but you are almost there. I found baby for first time on 8w6d but then it was intermittent until a few days ago. Baby always has a heartbeat of around 180. Today was teh first time it picked it up with a number on my doppler. It read 176-181 today so I suppose that's all good. Makes me feel loads better! But I'm also a worrier it seems with this pregnancy so it gives me reassurance for sure. If I was having frequent ultrasounds I think I could go without it but since I will get one with my NT scan and then at 20ish weeks I am just so glad I have it!

Thinking today about looking for a belly band. I may make one from a tight T-shirt or tank before buying one. I am leaning towards the Belly Button Band since it actually attaches to your pants. Being a big girl I really don't know how I feel about my pants being unbuttoned. But I just can't stand my pants anymore!

Haha I've heard the Bella bands are awesome! I don't need one yet but will probably be getting one. I know how you feel about the pants being unbuttoned...didn't really think about that lol. Maybe the other one you mentioned would be a better fit and then just make sure to wear an undershirt? Ugh these things you don't think about before getting pregnant!

I'm not showing at all thanks to my already flabby belly but what bloat I do have makes it very hard to wear my normal jeans because they are so uncomfortable! I do think I'll try the Belly Button Bands, and found a coupon code on pinterest to get 2 free just pay shipping, which is about $13.99 I think.

I just had a whole long post typed and accidentally deleted it!!! Grrrrr so to put it shortly.. I bought a Bella band yesterday and I love it! I got it at target for 16$

I was there today and almost bought one but decided to use my tanks for now. I bought a cheap tank made from similar material and think I'll cut it so I can use it as a band.

Good idea! It's actually an amazing feeling wearing your pants unbuttoned and unzipped lol.. It makes jeans comfortable! Lol

Since this thread stared as a plus sized post, I want to post something one regards to that today..
I have my next appointment on Wednesday and I am terrified to step on the scale! I have been doing nothing but eating like all week since I have gotten a little bit of an appetite back and when I don't eat I feel sick! It's like a never ending battle and I just know I'm going to be crushed when I step on that scale.. I wonder if I close my eyes when I step on if they will keep their mouth shut and not tell me lol

Lol I'm sure if you ask them to not tell you they won't. You could step on backwards too lol.

I'm the complete opposite right now. I decided to not take the anti ms meds this weekend and see if its gotten any better...nope, soooo much worse! I can't even keep the meds down long enough to take effect. Ugh I'm so stupid.

Mcwhmm, I was worried so I got on the scale today and I actually haven't gained, well 0.2lbs but that's after an almost 6lb loss. I have been eating all bad stuff as well but ate well yesterday maybe that helped lol. However I had two donuts today. You might be surprised!

Mod I'm so sorry you are feeling so crummy. I guess you should keep taking it for a bit longer.

I seem to have gotten the metallic taste now, anything not sweet tastes like metal. Ugh. That does not make eating healthy easier!

Found baby on the Doppler this morning for the first time with DH, he's only heard the recordings I've done. It also picked up the rate today because it was strong, rate was 170-176. Baby must've been showing off for daddy!

Haha omg! I ate two donuts today!! I can't stand eating anything not sweet! Or Mexican food lol. Some days I feel like I'm just snacking all day because that's all I can do! The days I do eat meals it's usually only one meal a day.
Yay! Glad your DH got to hear the heartbeat! I'm nervous all over again for my appointment on Wednesday

In the complete opposite of you two guys...cannot stand sweets. I need salty!!!

Ooo salty is good too! Lol I just ate some chips and salsa!:)

I can't do any dips or condiments right now. No butter no nothing. Everything has to be plain! Its crazy. I love cheese and can't even have cheese on a burger right now

Hopefully things start getting better for you soon! Have you started taking the ms med again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->