Poor wee Elinor :(

B

babystar

I have just spent the day at the hospital...

Earlier today her older sister Joani was playin with her in the hallway when BAM we heard this almighty thud and then about 10 seconds of silence then nothing but the most blood curdling screaming.

OH runs out to the hall to see Elinor lying on the carpet crying and picks her up. Immmediately i see this egg sized swelling on her forehead and it looks like its black already?!?!

He picks her up and tries to calm her down but shes screaming and screaming and wont stop. I see this thing on her head getin blacker and bigger and phone my GP.

Mean while Joanis shouting I NEVER PUSHED HER! (Although we never asked her that...so I am a tad suspicious as to what happened now)

As far as we know she "tripped" in the hallway and went head 1st into either the corner of the skirting or one of the sockets in the wall.

:(

GP saw her and told us get her to Ninewells (hosp) for an xray asap.

We go up to the hospital and theres an hrs wait. Shes tired and hungry and her heads sore so shes screaming and screaming. The registrar sees her and pokes at her head etc and my wee Nelly is screaming. Registrar says thats nasty....very nasty.... xray for sure.

Xray done another 45 mins later, after her screaming and refusing to sit for them (I waited outside as being pregnant i wasnt allowed in) and shes ok...no fractures etc so we are totally relived by that. However she is super sleepy and has no balance and of course her head is a mess. Registrar says concussion keep an eye on her throughout the night and bring her back ASAP if you dont feel shes ok.

My poor wee baby.

Aww huge hugs to all hun.How scary for you.Just keep an eye on her xxxx

How frightening! Hope she feels better soon and hope you can get some sleep tonight.

ooh claire reading that made me feel sick,poor poor nelly:cry: i am glad she doesnt appear to have done any major damage!! give her a big gentle hug from me xxxxxx:hug:

That must have really shaken you up...hope she's feeling ok.
Lxxx

aww poor sweetie. hope she's ok.. & feeling better soon :hugs: x

Definitely keep an eye on her! Poor thing! I hope it goes okay! Let us know!

Oh no! Soo glad everything is ok! I only just noticed this thread :hugs: x

Aww poor baby,

glad everything is alright hun. xx

aww bless her hope her poor lil hed gets better soon xx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back