Positive or negative? UPDATED*new test taken* + test 2 taken 13 aug

Definatley still looks BFP to me! Can't you buy a frer? Or get a blood test just to put your mind at ease?

My clear blue tests havnt gotten any darker and are still faint whilst my frer are now dark lines, try frer x

I've heard blue dye tests aren't good for showing progression! Could you test with another brand? :)

Hey Mirakel,

I hate to put out negativity, but your concerns are valid. It is very possible that your levels are just slow to rise and everything will be fine, but... I was in a very similar situation just last week and I ended up having a chemical. Tested 3 days before my period with a Wondfo cheaply, and was SHOCKED to see the faintest shadow of a positive line. (We have been actively trying, but I just really didn't feel it this cycle. When I was PG w my son, I was sure the test would be positive.) Anyway, the same day as the Wondfo shadow, I got a FRER line like yours. I was still so doubtful that I didn't even tell dh. I took another FRER the day I expected my period and had the same definitive but faint line. Then I started to bleed the next day, and had a slightly heavier than normal period. Tests are now showing negative.

I hope you have a better outcome, but I wanted to share my experience so you could prepare yourself. Can you get a doctor's appt to get blood work done? That's the only way to know for sure if your hormone levels are rising.appropriately.

Hey Mirakel,

I hate to put out negativity, but your concerns are valid. It is very possible that your levels are just slow to rise and everything will be fine, but... I was in a very similar situation just last week and I ended up having a chemical. Tested 3 days before my period with a Wondfo cheaply, and was SHOCKED to see the faintest shadow of a positive line. (We have been actively trying, but I just really didn't feel it this cycle. When I was PG w my son, I was sure the test would be positive.) Anyway, the same day as the Wondfo shadow, I got a FRER line like yours. I was still so doubtful that I didn't even tell dh. I took another FRER the day I expected my period and had the same definitive but faint line. Then I started to bleed the next day, and had a slightly heavier than normal period. Tests are now showing negative.

I hope you have a better outcome, but I wanted to share my experience so you could prepare yourself. Can you get a doctor's appt to get blood work done? That's the only way to know for sure if your hormone levels are rising.appropriately.
They wont give me an appointment as we have free healthcare.
Just took a $1 cvs test which is also faint but wasnt morning urine...

Attachments

• 20150813_174502.jpg
    20150813_174502.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 17
First positive was on sunday evening.
Havent been much if any progression to get darker lines since..
I think the clearblue was a bit darker but not sure.

Now if i compare the frer with the cvs test theres an obvious progression and both are red dye tests but not sure you can compare between brands?

I just remembered i tested saturday evening with the same test as today with non morning pee and it was super super faint, much much less visible than todays test, this gotta be a good sign right?

Comparing tests is always tricky business. You really can't compare between different brands, and even comparing the same brand is not perfect. The tests are designed and quality controlled for the yes/no answer of are you pregnant, not HOW pregnant you are. It's true that within the same brand the lines should theoreically get darker as you go, but even then it is almost impossible to get the concentration of your urine sample exactly the same.

I know it's hard, but I would suggest putting the tests away for a few days and proceeding as though you ate having a normal pregnancy. Once your period is at least a week late, test again and call your doctor either way. Best of luck to you.

I wanted to add that, when I was crazy internet searching last week, I read plenty of posts from people whose "faint line" was napping in their crib right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->