Positive Pregnancy test

pennysbored

Reaction score
So....
I just got a positive pregnacy test result. And no, I'm not in the wrong section as I my last period was my first period after giving birth. 9 weeks after birth, mind you. Frankly, I'm not sure where I should post this. First tri just seems too.....I don't know, chipper? Its hard to be enthused about it when your children will be born 11 months apart.
I feel like an ass right now, especially as I am 8 weeks pregnant, if I can believe my dates. My daughter isn't even 4 month old. We were using condoms, but apparently not very well. I didn't test right away because it seems many people don't get right back on schedule. I was kinda hopping :witch: would show up.
I haven't even told OH yet, I tested last night, I wanted to be sure before I threw this at him.
I'm going to keep it as long as I get the thumbs up from the doctor (my daughter was 7 weeks early, but from infection, nothing actually wrong with my lady bits), but man, I didn't expect to have two kids born less than a year apart.:cry:

Update:I've really come to be excited about the new LO, sorry if this comes across as so depressed, I was just trying to wrap my head around the whole idea.

I always liked the saying that nothing is ever placed before you that you cannot handle. We got your back hun. If you need to talk, I'm here for you!

:hug:

Congratulations! I know it's a shock but you will cope hun. I know someone who has 2 children with a 10 months age gap. You will be fine! x

Life doesn't throw you things you can't cope with. If everyone remembers that, there should be no panicing!

:hugs: You will do a wonderful job. My daughters nearly 11 months and I can say HONESTLY I could handle a newborn right now x

Congrats!! It will be fine you will adapt quickly to having 2 children

Ohhh life knows how to throw suprises .

Good luck telling OH and hope the Dr reassures you everything will be ok.

Allways here when you need a chat . x .

Oh Penny - that is great news. I'm sure it doesn't really feel like it just yet, until it's sunk in, but at least you know exactly what to expect this time round. And Betty will have a little brother or sister to look help look after (which i'm sure she'll love)

my mum had my brothers 11 months apart, and they're very close in many ways.

You're a strong person - i can tell. It will all turn out just the way it should - ie, perfectly...

Congrats!

That being said, I do recall someone on here taking a HPT when their LOs was about 4 months old, and she knew she wasn't pregnant as she hadn't had sex but hers came back positive. Something about the hormones still being in her body?

Anyways, I do agree with the other comments. If you are pregnant, congrats!!! :hugs: Everyone will be here for you with loads of Moral Support for you :)

Congrats!

That being said, I do recall someone on here taking a HPT when their LOs was about 4 months old, and she knew she wasn't pregnant as she hadn't had sex but hers came back positive. Something about the hormones still being in her body?

Anyways, I do agree with the other comments. If you are pregnant, congrats!!! :hugs: Everyone will be here for you with loads of Moral Support for you :)

Well, if that were the case, I wouldn't complain. Pretty sure I am, I have enough symptoms and I remember clearly enough what it felt like. But, thats why the doctor retests, right?
I also just wanted to add that although this isn't ideal, I was planning on having another fairly soon, just not quite this soon. I'm more worried about my energy levels, and not having any time for Betty when she deserves it.

Congrats!

Well, if that were the case, I wouldn't complain. Pretty sure I am, I have enough symptoms and I remember clearly enough what it felt like. But, thats why the doctor retests, right?
I also just wanted to add that although this isn't ideal, I was planning on having another fairly soon, just not quite this soon. I'm more worried about my energy levels, and not having any time for Betty when she deserves it.

You'll be a fantastic Mom! Again, I'm not a mom to two or anything, but I do know alot of people who are, and they've had their LOs close together and none of the LOs are left out. Your heart will grow for both!

As for energy, understandable. Do you have a good support network where you are? I know the Public Health Nurse does home visits here to help out with everything, maybe you could look into that?

Either way, super happy for you!

hugs hun xx

congrats im sure you will adapt and we are all here for you xxxxx

Congrats! I'm sure it'll be fine hun! I'm sure your little girl will love being a big sister. I went to school with a couple of brothers who were only 11 months apart and they couldn't be closer! SUPER happy for you! :hugs:

I always liked the saying that nothing is ever placed before you that you cannot handle. We got your back hun. If you need to talk, I'm here for you!

:hug:

I totally believe this too, sometimes when both the girls are crying and everything's a messed and i'm so stressed I say "what was God thinking giving me two at once!!" but then after things calm down and I sit on the floor and both of them come up to me and hug me, and I think just that, that I can handle this.

I'm sure after DH gets over the initial shock, which i'm sure you're having right now too!, you both will be excited. And congratulations by the way!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->