Positive Test at 11dpo But No Symptoms, Worried:(UPDATE New Pregnancy HB Seen at Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah its called the hook effect! It happened to me at 6 weeks with my youngest but I thought at 4 weeks plus 6 I was way too early for it, it usually happens between 6 and 7 weeks, basically the hcg goes too high for the test to cope with resulting in a lighter line, diluting with water dilutes the hcg and you get a better line again. I dunno if that's what's happening to me but its given me a bit of hope with my test lighter tonight! Xxxx

If it helps I never had lines as strong as the control line with either of my two babies. Its fine...dont worry, your lines are good solid lines and you are defintely pregnant! x
x

That really does help thank you, I managed to get an early scan tomorrow morning I know I won't see much but hopefully they will rescan in 1/2 weeks:) 'xxxx

I had to refer myself as my doctor refused. Idiot. I went today 5 weeks 3 days but just a tiny sac that looked about 4 weeks to me, she didn't seem worried, said my dates might be off but they're not, even more worried now:( rescan in two weeks but I'm not expecting much, by this point you should see a sac and yolk sac xxxx

Attachments

• IMG_20150204_115732.jpg
    IMG_20150204_115732.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 30
I wouldn't worry too much Just yet? They won't scan us here until 7 weeks and then you see a tiny blob for the baby and yolk sak . Anything before 7 weeks is soooo hard to measure and determine. I still have hope for u momma!!! :flower: sorry this brought on more stress/worry, I hope to hear a good update soon!

Did they do a blood test?

I had to refer myself as my doctor refused. Idiot. I went today 5 weeks 3 days but just a tiny sac that looked about 4 weeks to me, she didn't seem worried, said my dates might be off but they're not, even more worried now:( rescan in two weeks but I'm not expecting much, by this point you should see a sac and yolk sac xxxx

I had a scan at the same stage as you and there was just the sac hun no yolk sac.I went back one week later and there was the yalk and week later heartbeat. The pregnancy is there and in your uterus and so its looking good! xx

Thank you both I'm just worried cause it seems so much smaller than it should, no blood test as the epau don't do that and my doctor refused to do that too:( just a long wait now til the next scan! Xxxxx

I was told that anything less than 2000 you wouldn even see the sac let alone anything, SO, the fact you saw the sac means you are above that. In these early weeks they can only go via the size of the sac which can be differing at such an early stage, plus they told me aswell that when you are dealing with such small measurements its easy as well it to be under-measured if you catch my drift.

I think worrying would be justifiable at this stage with no sac present at all or thickened lining. But sounds like EPU arent concerned and think about how many people they see every day...if they think things are ok then theres a damn good chance they are :)

What kind of ultrasound did you have and did she tell you the measurements on the sac size? xx

Thank you I keep trying to tell myself that:) 'but she did say twice about me having my dates wrong making me think she thought I was small for 5 plus 3:( but I mark AF in ff ap so there's no way I'm wrong plus I got a faint positive at 11dpo with a non early test meant for the day you miss AF, plus my tests aren't getting darker or lighter they're just stuck at the same line its so weird but yes I read that too about the hcg so it must be high enough if she saw the sac even if it was tiny! It was a vaginal scan she literally put it in for about a min and that was it! She said that it was OK for 5 weeks but followed it with you could be out with your dates so bitter sweet! I wish I could ff 2 weeks lol xxxx

Oh sorry no she never mentioned the size and I really wish id asked now! Xx

Thank you for all your support sarah BTW:) xxxxx

is it the black circle in the middle? sorry im rubbish at reading scan pics. thoughts with you hun. come on you lil beauty =) xxxxx

Lol its OK its tiny! Its the little black circle (left of centre) in the middle of the white area(which is my womb lining), looks like a little bubble:) thank you the next scan can't come quickly enough! Xxx

Ok im going to be blunt cos thats how I always wanted people to be with me but know there is no malice!

Those apps are shit for determing dates and Ill tell you why.

They are formulated around the "perfect cycle"...that being estimate that everyone has a 28 day cycle an will OV on day 14. 99% of the time we dont have perfect cycles, even if we think we do.

These apps are working on that cycle and working off of your last AF. That doesnt mean diddly squat for when you ovulated, or when you hit the +dpo phase. Let me give you an example.

Before my fist I had 27 day cycles. I for years assumed the cd14 ovulation and never got pregnant. It wasnt until I started to OPk and temp that Id etermined that I didnt OV then at all...I ovd 5 days later than I did. Now let me tell yah..just a couple of days off on your dates can make a massive difference on a scan.

Unless you are using something like fertility friend that takes all other things into consideration like temps and ovulation test results, you cannot be sure when you ovulated. So there -is- a really good chance you are wrong with the dates. And just being tested 3 days later than you think you are can mean the difference between the yolk sac and no sac.

Same with the tests, youll hit a point where they just stop. For me, I never EVER got strong lines on -any- tests. And I have two healthy boys to show for it.

Id also pay no worry to the test you got positive at 11dpo. You may have only been 9dpo. I picked up my first pregnancy at 17 (negatives till then), my second and third pregnancies that didnt have later complications I picked up at 9 but I never got stronger lines than yours.

I am really really confident your baby is fine. It doesnt sound like you were opking and temping so I think this is where your confusion is being born from...dont listen to your app...they can give you the definite date and remember that even when we think for sure we know, sometimes we can be off a little...I was!

xx

Sarah id much rather you were blunt I totally appreciate someone that talks straight:) Thank you, everything you said makes so much sense, I did temp, opk until this month when I did nothing but track cm, and tbh the temping could def have been out the last year as so, so many times I didn't take it immediately on waking or I woke up 2/3 hours before my time and then messed about with adjusting etc, (Brooklyn would often wake in the night etc) its only now when I look back that I thought I was o on CD 14/15 as I got my rise after and we stopped bd when I got my rise instead of carrying on bd like we did this last cycle because I had no clue! I could well of o later and missed it! Everything you said makes total sense and makes me feel so much better, I so hope you're right! Xxxxxxx

So sad, AF cramps last few hours, brown cm, now bright red, think its all over, I've never bled during my pregnancies only losses:( xxxxx

Dont rule yourself out yet. My first I had terrible bleeding the whole way through, at some points they were massive gushes too, and all was fine. Cramping and some blood around the time af would have hit is actually more normal than we think. I learned that the hard way. Is it spotting or full flow? xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back