Positive urine tests, negative blood test??

Brooklyn9917

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had this happen?? I have 8 faint positives (yes I know I’m a poas-a-Holic) and now this prominent positive. This was taken out of the time frame but it just kept getting darker! But I went to the doctor for a quantitative blood test 3 days ago and it came back negative! I also have been nauseous for at least 1 1/2 weeks, bloated, crampy, etc. Is it possible I’m still pregnant? Or are these urine tests wrong?

EE9E892F-16E1-40CB-800B-8141F8271225.jpeg 865A4598-6A79-48EF-964F-0F7585C1BA29.jpeg

Blue dye tests are notorious for false positives and I have seen many like yours over the years.

It could be a faulty batch of tests or it could be your lab work was just slightly under 5 but then I wouldn't expect an under 5 beta level to give those type of lines.

I'd get a different brand of tests, pink dye ones first response early results are my personal favourite.

Good luck <3

Can you ask your doc for the number of your hcg? I can’t remember what the threshold is - it’s either 5 or 15. Either way it’s possible it was just under their threshold so they told you it was negative. Your positive looks really strong. Unfortunately if it’s a chemical the hcg will leave your blood faster than your urine, however if you haven’t had any bleeding that’s a good sign. I’d give it a few days and if you’re still getting positives like that, request a re-test.

I would try pink dye tests as blue dyes have a lot of evaps.
Fingers crossed for you :)

Definitely try a pink dye hun. That's really weird about the betas. Have you had any bleeding before the blood tests?

Definitely try a pink dye hun. That's really weird about the betas. Have you had any bleeding before the blood tests?
I only had what I think was implantation spotting a few weeks ago! I also had a internal ultrasound but they didn’t see anything...they said it could be too early though since I’d only barely be 4 weeks

Might be that it's already out of your blood as it takes longer to leave urine I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->