Pregnacare conception tablets and missed period

I haven't had a problem with them hun... I'd say start taking them :)

Yes mine was delayed by 10 days, but it all seems to of returned back to normal, so stick with it you have to do what us best for your future baby, or maybe you could just try folic acid on it's own if you really don't want to take it any longer :)

ah bloody hell i've just started taking these i think i mite just leave them till i kno i'm pg then start again i've still got folic so gonna go back on them

Did you get the conception ones Donna? I've been taking them from the start and hd no problem. x

Same here, we are trying to get pregnant again, i was on Pregnacare and switched to Pregnacare Conception (have a history of NTD pregnancy) 3 months ago. The last 2 months i was late by about 5 days, this month it has been more than 10 days (and I always, and i mean always have a regular 28 day cycle. ). Being to the doctors yesterday hoping to hear we are having a baby, instead we hear about a waayyyy delayed ovulation (no baby). I also do not understand WHY. I am going back to my regular Pregnacare..

Same here, we are trying to get pregnant again, i was on Pregnacare and switched to Pregnacare Conception (have a history of NTD pregnancy) 3 months ago. The last 2 months i was late by about 5 days, this month it has been more than 10 days (and I always, and i mean always have a regular 28 day cycle. ). Being to the doctors yesterday hoping to hear we are having a baby, instead we hear about a waayyyy delayed ovulation (no baby). I also do not understand WHY. I am going back to my regular Pregnacare..

morning hun wow this post is really old but glad its dug up cos iv just got af 3days late and thought it was cos of stress but i took these tablets for most of my cycle! Not full cycle cos i have a bad memory. Im not going to take them again next cycle cos i was gutted to be 3days late and not pregnant.good luck

Wow, this is interesting!! I've been taking these this cycle too. Don't know if they've delayed anything yet but unlike the rest of you I would actually love if they did because I'm going on hols without my hubby and it looks like I'm going to miss my entire fertile window... If pregnacare buys me a day or two for bd'ing when I get back I'll be very pleased!!!

Wow in a way I'm so glad this thread has been dug up.
Have been taking these religiously for 2 months since ttc.
Cycles used to always be 28days before and last one was 31 days with lots of spotting prior to af. According to FF I didn't ov til cd23 which really surprised me.
This cycle I'm on cd19 and no ov yet according to cdfm :nope:
Do you reckon pregnacare is really to blame then? Should I just stop taking them?

Ok, this happened to me too. I don't know if it's an existing condition I have that Pregnacare made worse? But I stopped them a few weeks ago and started Iron+Vit C and B-50 instead and so far still no period. CD44 so day, my longest cycle ever. I'm going to doctors in 3 days, so I'm gonna keep taking those next days, in case they made me have anovulatory cycle and are stopping my breakthrough bleeding from happening now. But as soon as I'm back from doctors, I'm quitting ALL the supplements.

Cycles used to always be 28days before and last one was 31 days with lots of spotting prior to af.

I've started spotting since taking pregnacare too!

Cycles used to always be 28days before and last one was 31 days with lots of spotting prior to af.

Really!? Right, think I'm gonna stop them then. Just can't understand why vits would make this kinda thing happen though? Especially ones designed for us that are TTC!

Really!? Right, think I'm gonna stop them then. Just can't understand why vits would make this kinda thing happen though? Especially ones designed for us that are TTC!

I have NO idea. It's not even some crazy high levels on vits in there.

I have this other theory though. I started taking Pregnacare when we officially started trying. So ever since then I could never stop thinking about it. It's like every morning I'm taking it, I get reminded we're TTC. Could it be some subliminal stress??

I have NO idea. It's not even some crazy high levels on vits in there.

I have this other theory though. I started taking Pregnacare when we officially started trying. So ever since then I could never stop thinking about it. It's like every morning I'm taking it, I get reminded we're TTC. Could it be some subliminal stress??

I bet it probably could you know! Am still thinking it may be best to stop though and see what happens? :shrug:

Ok, guys, this is some weird wicked stuff and I'm going to sound like a complete loony, but here's the facts. I got off the pill a year ago, in February. First 4 months my cycles were more or less regular 28-31 days. Then we decided to start trying and I went out and bought Pregnacare (the one the doubles as pregnancy+conception). First month taking it, my ovulation was 10 days late. I got slightly worried, but wrote it off as one time thing. Next 6 months, my cycles got completely wacko!

This last one I started charting and was taking notes of everything. I was taking Pregnacare from CD1 to CD19, first thing in the morning, with breakfast. I was having fertile CM from CD12 and pretty much notstop, but no ovulation. The long time suspicion of Pregnacare's "HELP" to conceive finally overpowered me and I decided to stop taking it on CD20. Same day later I got +ve OPK. I didn't have Folic Acid as it is, so I decided to go back to Pregnacare. So started taking again on CD21, having missed just one day, CD20, the day I got +ve OPK. Despite the +ve OPK, I didn't ovulate in the next days. I stopped Pregnacare again on CD24. Started spotting 2 days later.

I finally ovulated on CD32.

Moral of the story: it might as well just be a total coincidence, but I'm not touching this Pregnacare ever again!

So glad I am on this forum! I bought 2 packs of these last weekend (on special offer!) & was going to start them when my current multi-vits were finished :nope:
So which ones do you think you're going to take now, ladies?

So glad I am on this forum! I bought 2 packs of these last weekend (on special offer!) & was going to start them when my current multi-vits were finished :nope:
So which ones do you think you're going to take now, ladies?

I'm not taking anything anymore. I'm off all supplements cold turkey. When I get pregnant, I will start Folic Acid.

Oh no!!!! I've just started taking this supplement!!! The last few days!!

I wonder if it is holding my period off even more!! Ahhhh!!!! I'm CD64 and had a BFN on CD51....

Contemplating just stopping! What a waste! Can't believe something that is mean't to help is doing the opposite!! Ggggrrrr!!

I've stopped taking them as of yesterday but prob too late to tell any difference this cycle. Just taking folic acid instead

Well I might save them, they say they can be taken during early stages of pregnancy anyway so maybe when I get my BFP I can finish them off!!!

Or 'if' I get my BFP I should say!!! Lol!

Myself and DH have been ttc for over 1 year now.
I was just taking folic acid, and waiting for cycles to regulate after being on bcp for over 14 years.
Last year, my cycles were all to wack. Ranging from 35 to 84 days - it made ttc impossible and very frustrating. So much so, that DH and I just stopped having sex, cos we were so stressed with the mad cycles.

I've been taking Pregnacare Conception along with Omega 3-6-9 for over a month now.
I don't know whether it's coincidence or not, but my last cycle was only 32 days.
I had plenty ewcm and a few days of it.
Didn't catch the eggy last month, but feeling I'm good about ttc again.

DH has also been taking the male Conception suppliment for over a month.
I really notice the difference in his "stuff" too, and he's said he is noticing "more".

Sorry if it's tmi, but I'm hoping the suppliments will help us conceive a healthy and happy baby this year.

Baby dust and good luck to all ttc! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->