Pregnacare conception tablets and missed period

Im not ttc but find this very interesting. It would be good to do a poll to see how many women have been affected. I cant really see how vitamins can delay your period but it does make you wonder doesnt it when so many seem to have similar issues. I did take it but only for a short while and found they were too expensive so stopped using them. Even when i did fall pregnant, i used ordinary pregnancy vitamins from tescos.

Hey ladies,
I also had horrible side-effects from pregnacare pre-conception. I am sure lots of women have absolutely no problem with the supplement, but at the same time lots of women do see nasty side effects. My period was delayed the first month I took them, and my period lasted just 1.5 days! I don't think I had even ovulated! Then the second cycle I started having some terrible side-effects, like excessive bloating (I looked pg!), very swollen painful breasts (one swelled more than the other, had never had that before!), nasty nausea, light-headedness, nearly fainted a couple of times. Oh, and I also had absolutely no eggy cervical mucus!! Had to resort to pre-seed, which didn't work.. I thought I was pregnant, though the nausea was waaay too early in the cycle for it to be caused by a pregnancy. Then I read about similar side-effects with other women who were taking pregnacare, entirely accidentally as I was researching something else! Stopped the supplement, and the symptoms subsided gradually. Now am taking natural supplements, as well as calcium, vit D, fish oil, folic acid, inositol, royal jelly.. Oh, and maca. x

I'm glad I have found this thread! I too have been taking Pregnacare for a month and half... this cycle I am late and have been spotting for the past 3 days. I am usually like clockwork and do not spot like this. All my tests have been :bfn: It seems too much a coincidence as so many stories like this. I will be stopping the vitamins and only taking natural vitamins from now on... Im so annoyed.

Hi ladies,

I know this an old thread but I've been doing some research and found this info. Have been taking the vitamins for 6 months and had some very odd symptoms- irregular cycles (from 25- 30 day cycles), pregnancy symptoms in the two week wait period (I've been recording each cycle so I know that there were lots of variations) and on a few cycles I had horrendous period pain but no bleeding. My husband and I basically gave up Ttc in August as nothing was happening and therefore I stopped taking the vitamins- that cycle I was 2 weeks late for my period and despite taking lots of pregnancy tests I was getting bfn. Finally my period arrived. It never occurred to me that it might have been a result of the vitamins. It may well be a complete coincidence but I guess we'll see what happens in the next few months now I'm not taking anything.

I should also add that now I'm no longer taking them, I've ovulated earlier this month!

I know this is an old thread but I WISH I had seen it before starting taking pregnacare conception pills.

I have always been 25 day cycle, regular as clockwork, never missed a period! I started these 2 months ago and have since missed my periods believing I could be pregnant. I've been feeling dizzy, tired, nauseous, very irritable and emotional (not like me at all!) very painful 'on and off' AF cramps and very sore heavy BBS but NO period! I have all the signs of pregnancy and I've wasted so much money on tests that are continually BFN. I started to worry and googled my symptoms and this thread came up...! I'm one of those people that has been affected badly and I stopped taking them as soon as I realised I was not on my own. I just wish AF would turn up so I can get back to normal and TTC. They also delayed my OV and that had me panicking thinking I wasn't ovulating as normal. So much worry, stress and expense wasted taking these pills.

I do not recommend them if you are regular and TTC :-( Also my CM disappeared too. I just wish I had never been seduced by the branding, I don't usually take any vitamins as I eat very healthy and lead an active lifestyle but I guess when you're desperate for a child you will try anything! I've learnt my lesson and I hope this has helped anyone with the same symptoms after taking pregnacare. My question is how long does it take to get the hell out of your system?!!

I started them last month & after reading all the posts i'm a little worried nw. Will see if ovulation or AF is delayed i will knw its the pregnacare as otherwise im regular as clock work

ive just started these too and im usually pretty regular. ive had the last five days of cramping from cycle day 14-19 with spotting either pink, red blood and ewcm with blood. Only usually when i wipe other than one day when a little more than spotting but enough to go on liner. Its ovulation time for me so first day or two assume that but now im.worried. I am tracking and trying to prepare for ttc in April. I have a ds aged two and i had irregular cycles before my bfp which took 15 months and i this past year had lovely regular cycles. Now i dont know if this is going to throw me all out of sync :( My oh works away for 3 weeks every six so im worried one of my three chances this year in April is already gone i could cry. I didnt want to have to worry about ov kits, dates and calendar so much next time. Now i feel totally upset. I got to home af arrives on time in 13 days if not i dont know how this will affect the months where dh will be home to ttc this year. I dont know why or if these vitamins have done this. I thought I bought the best thing to prepare myself for ttc. :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->