Pregnacare conception tablets and missed period

I started taking Pregnacare Conception 3days ago - after reading these I shall be reverting back to plain old folic acid! I've not long had the implant out so don't know if I'm going to be regular for a while but am not risking it anyway!xox

hey all

just read the post and wanted to ask you all kindly help me out

i hav started takin pregnacare his and her conception tablets like 14days ago and was already takin folic acid tablets from last month and didnt stop it...mi due period date was 20 but periods are 4 day late i did my pt today but unfortunatly it came out negative and i can also feel periods pain but they are being felt in intervals

can you people tell me that is this pregnacare tablets disturbs your cycle as my cycle is very reguler

I know this is an old post but thanks for recycling it! I think it answers my question as to why this month, our first TTC, my usual regular cycle has been 8+ days late with 2 days late spotting but no real AF & BFN too!
I started taking pregnacare conception 1-month ago - maybe this explains my problems! I've just finished & won't be buying more just in case (will stick to folic acid)

Right I'm going to start properly charting & get this back under control!

Thanks again

Hi Ladies

I'm pretty sure the delayed ov/af is due to the vitamin B12 in the pregnacare tablets - this is used if you have Lutenal Phase Defect, so would explain why it alters your cycles if you start taking it.... xx

Anyone feel more fatigued since taking them? I started taking them 2 wks into my last cycle, within 2 days i was having really bad cramps which lasted about 10 days, i started spotting 4 days before af which was also not normal for me and had bad pms which i have never had. That cycle was 42 days, previous cycles were 34, 27, 32, 42, 41, 35.. Now this cycle still lots of intermittent cramping and sore bbs etc, its been my 1st month using cbfm and after 19 sticks i was still on low fertility, so i reset it and from cd 34 my fertility has been high, today is cd 37! Im thinking im either going to ovulate really late or this is a anovulatory cyle.. I was thinking my body was messed up due to my pcos and maybe hormones out of whack but now im thinking this could all be down to pregnacare conception :dohh:

I switched to Sanatogen mother to be yesterday, ive had 5 days of high on my cbfm... this morning cd 39 and i got my PEAK !! :happydance: Coincidence? I dont know :shrug:

i started using pregnacare conception too this month - i took them for about 1 n half weeks at the start of the cycle and heard these horrible rumours and true to form i am now on CD38 with NO sign of AF etc in sight from an average cylce of 30 days, with last 2 being 27 days and 29 days. i stopped taking them when i heard these rumours but its happened to me too. just hope my cycle goes back to normal!! i would honestly avoid like the plague x x

I've been reading a few threads about pregnacare conception as me and my hubby were going to buy some today after our 9th unsuccessful cycle of ttc.
Tbh if it delays my ovulation I would be pleased, I have went from a clockwork 28 day cycle to a 25/26 day cycle which simply doesn't seem to be long enough. Maybe they aren't right for everyone, but as I have a history of Anemia & slightly low b12 My hubby and i are going to give these a try for 3 cycles. I'm fortunate enough to have clear ovulation pains for about 6 hours when it happens, but I'll be bding all month anyway lol. I think I might pop over to the pregnancy forums to see if there is a different slant on pregnacare conception, because the manufacturers website has lots of positive feedback. Maybe it's confusing as there are so many different pregnacare pills and not all the bad feedback about it here is about the conception one? Just wondering?

I started taking the pregnacare conception tablets, around 2 months ago, switching from boots own brand 'conception support'. When I was taking the boots vits I was having roughly 30 day cycle give or take a day and ovulating on around day 14/15, with plenty of EWCM..

The first month of taking pregnacare conception, I didn't feel great and had a nasty virus. I had no CM to speak of for the whole month, but put it down to being unwell physically. I was tracking ovulation with OPK's and found that ovulation was delayed by a few days, on day 22/23. I also had spotting around ovulation for the first time. My luteal phase was also slightly shorter and AF finally came on day 34.Although I had a couple of days of light spotting prior. I also had terrible PMS, and was extremely irritable. I thought that the delayed O and AF and lack of cm was due to having had a virus, although did wonder if it was related to starting Pregnacare Conception. But continued on to the next pack, as had bought two packs while on offer.

This month I've had only a little CM and no EWCM. I'm not using OPk's but think I ovulated around day 21/22, as had some spotting. I then had further spotting on day 28, which I hoped might be implantation bleeding. I foolishly thought that AF would be due around day 30/31 as it would have been in the past, I didn't consider when ovulation happened as wasn't tracking. Needless to say I'm on CD 33 now and there is no sign of AF, having since considered the date when I think I ovulated I guess it will be in the next day or so.

I have been disappointed as I thought I might have been pregnant this month,as I've been feeling really tired, bbs have become huge and had no cramps to indicate AF is on way. Took test yesterday and got BFN. Have read this thread and decided to stop taking Pregnacare Conception, will just take folic acid from now on. I have a fairly healthy diet and lifestyle and wonder if I've OD'd on vits, just hope they don't take too long to get out of my system!

I started taking the pregnacare conception tablets, around 2 months ago, switching from boots own brand 'conception support'. When I was taking the boots vits I was having roughly 30 day cycle give or take a day and ovulating on around day 14/15, with plenty of EWCM..

The first month of taking pregnacare conception, I didn't feel great and had a nasty virus. I had no CM to speak of for the whole month, but put it down to being unwell physically. I was tracking ovulation with OPK's and found that ovulation was delayed by a few days, on day 22/23. I also had spotting around ovulation for the first time. My luteal phase was also slightly shorter and AF finally came on day 34.Although I had a couple of days of light spotting prior. I also had terrible PMS, and was extremely irritable. I thought that the delayed O and AF and lack of cm was due to having had a virus, although did wonder if it was related to starting Pregnacare Conception. But continued on to the next pack, as had bought two packs while on offer.

This month I've had only a little CM and no EWCM. I'm not using OPk's but think I ovulated around day 21/22, as had some spotting. I then had further spotting on day 28, which I hoped might be implantation bleeding. I foolishly thought that AF would be due around day 30/31 as it would have been in the past, I didn't consider when ovulation happened as wasn't tracking. Needless to say I'm on CD 33 now and there is no sign of AF, having since considered the date when I think I ovulated I guess it will be in the next day or so.

I have been disappointed as I thought I might have been pregnant this month,as I've been feeling really tired, bbs have become huge and had no cramps to indicate AF is on way. Took test yesterday and got BFN. Have read this thread and decided to stop taking Pregnacare Conception, will just take folic acid from now on. I have a fairly healthy diet and lifestyle and wonder if I've OD'd on vits, just hope they don't take too long to get out of my system!

Most of the vits in it are B's and they are water soluble, if your body received too much it would simply 'pee it away' lol. This is my 2nd month taking them and it didn't affect my cycle at all so I think it's a case of different people need different things and maybe this brand is suitable for some but not others and we just have to try a few out to find the right one.

I started taking them because my mum contacted me to say in a trial using them for IVF couples the success rate went up by 60%, it hasn't been trialled in non IVF, but that doesnt mean it wont help in that context too. I'm going to continue on them as they haven't mucked up my cycle, plus I have a gluten free diet which means I sometimes miss the full wack of vits n nutrients from my diet.

Sounds like your body prefers the boots ones, so you just need to go with whats right for you.

Wishing you all the best in your TTC journey:kiss:

Hi everyone, this is my first time on one of these forums/website. So we've been ttc since January 2012 and Im aware its only been just over a month (but) I have been taking these pregnacare tablets since then. My af is usually due by the 26-28 of each month and Im now 11 days late. Ive been late before, but the last time this happened was last September before my wedding when all hell was breaking loose! Ive been pretty regular since then. And coincidentally (??? or is it) as soon as I start taking pregnacare wierd things start to happen. I o'd on the 11 jan and ttc for that whole week before and even a few days after. Since I o'd i was experincing tight pulling cramps low down and some nausea that came and went. My back started to ache really badly as each day passed...so I started to think could it be??? The cramps didnt stop for the rest of the month and I was continuing to take pregnacare. And they were wierd cramps- they came and went, sometimes strong and quite painful and sometimes just a dull ache. So thats why I suspected that I 'could' be pregnant. My breasts were really sore, especially on the tips and in fact still are to this day. But I tested a day before my missed period and have tested about 7 times after that- all negative. So I thought that was just too strange and wondered if the tablets had done something to my cycle. I luckily found this thread and now just totally confused! I decided to stop taking the pregnacare two days ago and am taking folic acid instead (just in case) Still no period, breasts still sore but the cramps have stopped. Im not sure if they have completely because Ive been on my feet alot lately (and they seem to reduce when Im on my feet)...but Im beginning to realise it had to be the pills. Im frustrated and angry that Ive missed a period because of these tablets that are meant to help with conception instead of delaying periods. I cant calculate when I'll next ovulate until af comes...so its just a confusing frustrating waiting game. :shrug:
So its been a while since anyone wrote on this thread- not since last year. Was just wondering if there is anyone out there who is experiencing/experienced the same thing? Or just anyone who has gone through this and found out they were actually pregnant? Heaven knows how many of these types of threads Ive read... guess I just needed to reach out myself before going stir crazy! So thanks in advance to anyone who has anything to add :)

Hi babycometome & welcome to bnb. I was in a similar position to you in September & even posted on this thread. I have no proof but I stopped pregnacare conception and just took folic acid & vit D and given time my periods returned to 'normal', then in December I finally fell pregnant! I do now take pregnacare pregnancy tablets and I would rate them.
I wish u good luck & I also highly recommend the clearblue fertility monitor.

Hi Skelleron, thanks so much for replying :) I havent read anything online that can prove it is pregnacare, but something just hasnt been feeling right. Ive read all sorts of crazy stories about some women never testing positive right up to the birth (!) and women having to to have multiple blood tests to confirm pregnancy when hpt did nothing. So you can imagine Im thinking ALL SORTS! Anyway, Im sort of floating back down to earth and settling that the negatives are just that. Im looking so forward to conceiving, its an ache in my chest. Thanks for the recommendation; thats exactly what we were planning on getting just to increase our chances, so we'll get to using it soon. Im sure its worth every penny!
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you on your pregnancy, must be the sweetest words in the world to be able to say to yourself 'Yes Im pregnant!' hehe im very happy for you and wish you all the happiness and joy and a wonderful pregnancy. Thank you again for replying x

I know exactly what u r saying & feeling, due to health problems it took us a long 18 months to conceive, but on the second month of using the monitor I got that long awaited BFP! Try to stay positive, but I know it's easier said than done!
Good luck & best wishes Xx
PS: look for cheaper monitors on eBay or amazon. I got a never used one off eBay, best purchase ever!

Is it possible that pregnacare conception can delay menses? I dnt believe it.isnt it just vitamins? Can someone highlight me on this pls. Thank you

Hi Everyone,

I just joined this forum and new to this. I was taking pregacare last month(for 1st time) and my periods were delayed. We thought we hit it at our first try :cloud9: only but all tests were -ve. My periods were always on time (+/- 1 day max). While searching on net, we found this forum and I stopped pregacare on 31st.I had my period finally on 6th. Its 10 days delayed. We are again trying now. Can anyone tell me if there is any side effect of this medicine apart from delayed periods. And yes, I started losing my hairs as well (which my hubby says coz of high iron in pregacare). Please help me. I want my baby asap. :(

Love,
Sim

Hiya everyone,
I know this is a really old thread, but I am new to the site and have been lurking for a while.
I was taking pregnacare conception for three months and was confused as to why my periods were late and why I was spotting for days before. After researching on the internet I have found people with similar stories so stopped taking it at the end of Jan. My period this month is also delayed and not as heavy as usual. Could those of you who stopped taking pregnacare conception tell me how long on average it took for your cycles to get back to normal?
Skelleron - you said that given time they returned to normal?
I'm so angry that they have effectively taken three months of ttc away from me. They also made my egg white disappear - last month I had it for 2 days (but still not my usual 5 days pre pregnacare).
Any responses would be extremely appreciated!
Thanks ladies!!! x

hi all i am new to this post.i h'v v irregular periods (oly 3 times last year 2011)..and was diagnosed with pcos in may 2011..it broke my heart. my gp rec me metformin from then had normal menses(cd36)and usually ov cd21...have all signs of ovulation good ewcm.i am desperately trying for a baby from 5 months with no luck...i saw pregnacare conception in supermarket and bought one home.and having for 15 days...my ovdate must have been on cd22 and no signs of ov...very worried.using opk from 6days and doesnt show smiley i really weep at that time...getting frustrated.....help???????

hi all i am new to this post.i h'v v irregular periods (oly 3 times last year 2011)..and was diagnosed with pcos in may 2011..it broke my heart. my gp rec me metformin from then had normal menses(cd36)and usually ov cd21...have all signs of ovulation good ewcm.i am desperately trying for a baby from 5 months with no luck...i saw pregnacare conception in supermarket and bought one home.and having for 15 days...my ovdate must have been on cd22 and no signs of ov...very worried.using opk from 6days and doesnt show smiley i really weep at that time...getting frustrated.....help???????

Stop taking it ASAP! It completly ruined my cycle, I was like clockwork before I started taking them and am now struggling with irregular periods and spotting before hand. It's the devils vitamin supplement if you ask me!

Hi julesrainbow, i check on here rarely but found your post on this thread. Im still interested to see how many women pregnacare has affected. After about 4 months my cycles came back to normal. I was on them for three months with very confusing symptoms (see in my post at the top if interested) and I too did some research online to see if any other women were getting problems- lo and behold I was right. I got off them immediately and my cycles didnt regulate until about a month and a half later. I just got on the folic acid and left it at that. Its been just over a year that we've been ttc, unfortunately nothing yet- but after about 6-7 months I decided to go on a supermarket brand of prenatal. I have a background in molecular biology and although I claim to be no expert, I ''suspect'' those extra chemicals like inositol, acetylcysteine and arginine 'may' have something to do with it. When you check just your average prenatal you wont find these extra chemicals in the formula. So who knows? Research the individual substances for yourself, maybe it will shed some light for you- or just ask your doctor. So just for your info, my cycles got back to normal after a month or so of coming off the tablets. It was heartbreaking to lose 4+ months thinking that I was doing my body good, when who knows what effect it was having on my reproductive system. I guess it doesnt matter what you know- when you're desperate to have a baby you'll try anything. Good luck to you mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->