Pregnacare conception tablets and missed period

Hi
Im taking Santogen and I havent had any problems, have any ladies on Santogen had problems? I know that pregnacare has a few more vits in them than the santogen so maybe thats what causes it? I have to admit though my doc said you dont really need to bother with anything other than folic acid which you can buy on its own at tescos for really cheap - maybe it would be best just to take those as it is in the first 4 weeks (when you havent even got your bfp) that its the most important to have it.
Bit worrying though i must admit!

Hi is good to hear a positive story! Thanks! I think I might go through the packet anyway and see what happens.

To be honest my cycles are all over the place anyway so if there is a chance it might help then it's worth a try.

I will bear it in mind about the santogen ones for in the future though!! Hopefully I'm seeing the nurse Thursday and she might give me my BFP!!! CD64 and still not AF....spotting on CD56 and 57!!!

x x x

wow good luck pocketmonster - hope you get good news! If you do go onto Santogen tescos have a get 3 for 2 offer which is quite good :)
lol feel like im advertising for tescos now!

Well fingers crossed! I tested CD51 and had a negative...but still no AF so maybe I was a little early! In the context of my random long cycle!

Fab thank you! x x

I was taking Pregnacare Conception for the past 6 months of TTC. My cycles have always been regular and as soon as I started taking these they went crazy. Anything from 27 days to 35 days (not normal for me) with, at times, up to 9 days spotting prior to the flow! So this past month I didn't take them and just took folic acid, and on day 24 my period started! I actually thought it was implantation so have had a very disappointing week. After reading this thread I will NOT be taking any more of the Pregnacare Conception, and will just stick to folic acid and see what happens.
All the very best of luck to all xx

Sian, so 6 months of Pregnacare, weird cycles, spotting. Off it - short cycle, no spotting. Girl, if I wasn't convinced already, you sold it to me now! The first part is exactly my story. I hope I get back to normal too, now that I stopped taking it!

I've taken Sanatogen every day all through TTC and still now, and I've never had a problem with them. Pregnacare sent my cycle out of whack when I tried that first, and also gave me awful stomach pains. Weird that something which is meant to help you conceive, seems to want to make things harder!

Thanks Sian seems like definite proof! I had a total of 8 days prior to af of spotting last cycle and was my 1st cycle of taking pregnacare and also had my longest cycle of 31 days. I know its not that long but when you're ttcing and you're a few days 'late' you start going a lil bit crazy :dohh:

Waitin4astork - weird you should mention stomach pains cos I had some v dodgy pains off and on last cycle too

This is worrisome news and am glad I saw dis. I started it this cycle and am expecting AF in a weeks tym. My cycle is almost like clockwork so am really glad I saw this so that if the witch does not come on due date,I won't start jumping for joy immediately! :(
I will continue with this first pack to see how it goes because I have also read success stories. Just incase different individuals have different reactions to the drug.

So glad I've seen this thread because I was going to get some of these when my current multivits ran out. Especially glad I didn't as I have to take 2 x 1-a-day tablets as I've lost part of my bowel due to ulcerative colitis a few years ago and don't absorb all the nutrients a normal person does. Can't imagine how long it would take me to ovulate if I was taking 2 x pregnacare a day!

I'm not taking anything anymore. I'm off all supplements cold turkey. When I get pregnant, I will start Folic Acid.

Hon, I really don't think it's a good idea to stop taking folic acid... It's really important in the first few weeks, even before you get your bfp. Also it takes a while for your body to build up the necessary store of folic acid, that's why doctors advise you to start taking it about 2 months before ttc...:flower:

Hi girls,

it happened the same thing to me. In the beginning I didn't make any of it because I have irregular cycles but at one point I realised that my AF was far too late. I started putting all the pieces together and I realised that with high probability my lack of ovulation was due to pregnacare.
I did some search on it and in short, among massive dosage of vitamines, there also is a ridiculous amount of iron. Many doctors now recommend to take baby aspirin 75mg daily as it helps during conception and implantation. aspiring among other benefits, thinners the blood which is exactly the opposite as high dosage of iron in a non anemic person does. By saying this I am not suggesting to take baby aspirin, neither I am saying it is all down to iron. It is also widely known that vitamin B6, magnesion and vitamim C play a very important role in the functioning of the reproductive system of women, taking such high dosages of them may lead to malfunctioning.
An other point to make is that there is not enough research been done on the matter, the only link scientists managed to make is between folic acid and spina bifida, if you are deficient than your baby has higher chances of presenting with the illness at various degrees. As it is tricky to measure folic acid throughout pregnancy, doctors advise to get supplements. But this is about it.
All other research we read about on the back of supplements boxes are done by pharma companies and they have some very clever way of going around regulations on what the box can say.
I personally stopped taking them as soon as I realised and my advise is not to take anything else than folic acid. The majority of women will have good levels of vitamins in their blood.
What upsets me the most is that I should have known better, I am a scientist but when it comes to me it's like that doesn't matter anymore. We want a baby so much that I was willing to try anything, even if it meant putting aside what I know very well!

Well girls I wish you all good luck. Do not panic if AF doesn't show, it takes about a month for things to go back to normal.

I'm not taking anything anymore. I'm off all supplements cold turkey. When I get pregnant, I will start Folic Acid.

Hon, I really don't think it's a good idea to stop taking folic acid... It's really important in the first few weeks, even before you get your bfp. Also it takes a while for your body to build up the necessary store of folic acid, that's why doctors advise you to start taking it about 2 months before ttc...:flower:

Thank you for your concern! But I've been taking Pregnacare for 7 months, I'm sure I've built up SO much folic acid already ;) I asked my doctor about it, and she said I don't have to take anything for the moment, seeing how I've been on Pregnacare for so long. And I drink a lot of Kefir on daily basis and it's loaded with Folic Acid in its most natural form. I'm sure I'm covered :D

Pregnacare Conception totally messed up my cycles and I only realised it a few weeks ago. Thrown them away now and just taking folic acid as per the Dr. Really annoyed about it cos I will always wonder if I would have had my BFP by now if I hadn't taken this stuff and my cycles would be ok.
Best of luck to all xx

I always had perfect cycles of 26 days. Took Pregnacare Conception for last 2 months and had 23 day cycle and this last one was 29 days.
I won't be wasting any more money on these tablets and just sticking to regular Folic Acid.
Thanks for the advice.

I've been taking pregnacare conception ever since I've started ttc and never really had any problems. The reason I chose them is because they tend to have the same vits as fertilaid which is highly recommended, but far more expensive (30 quid for a month's supply or something as crazy). Recently we started taking the twin back 'his and hers' for conception and the man's composition is far better and more complete than any other vits I've seen out there.

If I finish my current pack and have to by another (and I bet my guts I will have to :growlmad:) I may just give sanatogen a try just to see what happens. :shrug:

Also, even if I stopped taking anything else, I'd still take folic acid, and if the doctor said otherwise I'd get a second opinion. Just imho.

x

Also, even if I stopped taking anything else, I'd still take folic acid, and if the doctor said otherwise I'd get a second opinion. Just imho.

Was this addressed specifically to me?

Me and my OH started taking 'His and Hers' Pregnacare Conception at the end of Feb after coming off bpc and I got pregnant straight away, I didn't even get my first af after the pill. I've heard many good things about getting your OH to take vitamins to improve the quality and strength of the sperm.....Its def worth giving it a go. We really never believed it would happen so soon but it has and fingers crossed my little bean sticks. Good luck to everyone :dust: I hope your :bfp:'s come soon X

I have been taking pregnacare conception for about 2 weeks now and my period arrived today, 2 days early. I usually have a very light period lasting a few days but today it's really heavy. Can these vitamins make your period heavier? I am new to all this! We're TTC in sept. (They suggest to start taking them for a few months before TTC.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->