Pregnancy - April 2012

Aliciaxo - welcome and congrats!! How has everything been going for you?

Purpleish - glad to hear you are feeling better. I can't imagine being sick and pregnant. Post some pics of your nursery - I would love to see it!!

I have been staying off the ladder :) Mostly just watching my husband do the work and passing him tools. He was supposed to put it back together last weekend but ended up coming down with the flu. Hopefully, it will be done this week.

I bought a bunch of stuff to pack in the bag for the hospital but actually need to pack it. So will probably do that this weekend and install the car seat :) How is everything coming along for everyone else?

The pregnancy is going pretty well but the heartburn lately has been horrible! Also, I am exhausted and not sleeping well. Only about 5 more weeks to go though so can't complain too much!

I decided to switch hospitals because of insurance reasons and meet the new OB practice in 2 weeks. Kind of stressful but the hospital I am delivering at is brand new and is all private rooms with a space for dad to sleep so should be good in the end.

Welcome Alicia!!!!

Dont have much time to write but will say that my belly has totally grown this week! (i take weekly pictures and it really popped out there, crazy!)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

DJF what are you taking for the heartburn? I take 75mg of Zantac twice a day plus anywhere from 3-8 tums usually in the evening/middle of the night! helps a little but my goodness heartburn is horrible isnt it?!

My belly seems to have grown this week to! I finally took some pics today but need to upload them to my computer still.

I take pepcid occasionally. I was taking Tums but ran out and I am so sick of them I don't want to buy them again :) I probably should pick something up to help.

34 weeks 3 days

Attachments

• IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2278.jpg
    IMG_2278.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2279.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
Thanks!! I sent the pics to my family and my grandmother emailed back"That shirt is so busy at first you really don't notice how big you are." I was like Thanks :(

I had the worst heartburn I have ever had last night. I took some pepcid which helped but I still couldn't lay down so had to sleep propped up in a sitting position. I am so exhausted today!

ME TOO! I ended up going downstairs and slept sitting up on the couch! hope tonight is better for you.

Last night was better!! There is an old wives tale that says if you have bad heartburn the baby will be born with hair. I told my husband the other night that I hope this heartburn is worth something and she is born with hair :)

Ive heard that too! I wonder if it will be true for us. Id be shocked since me and my two sisters were bald FOREVER and my hubby and his brother didnt have much hair when they were born. My friend just gave birth this last weekend and I got to meet her little boy, he has a ton of hair and is SO cute!!! I also have a friend who had her baby Monday and I have another friend being induced tomorrow. Im surrounded by newborns which makes me even more excited for my own!

I was also bald forever!! I don't really have any hair in my baby pics until I am like 5 :)

That's exciting to be surrounded by so many newborns. My neighbor just had a little boy on Jan 15th. He is adorable. But holding him made me a little nervous about having a baby. He cried as soon as I touched him and it kinda hit home that I will taking a little helpless human home from the hospital with me. I am definitely more excited than nervous! But it's going to be such a new experience and I don't really know what to expect.

Hey All...

Would you believe it - my cough AND cold have come back with vengeance... not a happy camper... on a more positive note - had another scan of the baby done - she's down to the 79th percentile (little over 9 lb's if I deliver full term)... and the technician re-looked at my last scan and said the previous tech overestimated everything!.... hurrah!

Sorry to hear that heartburn is causing you all so much grief - i've had to cut out juice or anything acidic and I try not to eat anything after 7pm - or I get it too at night....

Apart from the cough/cold things are going well - nursery still not complete - ordered 2 valances (from different people) and of course - they are different heights (ARGH).... so have to fix that before I send a pic ok? :)

Baby is def head down and ready to come - 2cm dilated and 60% effaced.... but am told she needs to stay put until 37 weeks... which would be a week on sunday.... ooooooh!... exciting stuff!

Trying to knit like crazy and finish a few blankets (one for my son and one for the baby), but who knows if I'll be able to complete them in time lol...

Hope everyone is ok and look forward to seeing your updates,

P
x

PS my bump is HUGE lol.... I'll try and get a photo taken at some point and upload it!

Im sorry your cold has came back, definitely not fun especially at this point when Im sure youre uncomfortable just from being pregnant!

I cant wait for my appt Monday to see if I am dilated at all or anything. (I know the number doesnt mean much but Im very curious!)

I also have my 4th and final baby shower this weekend! Im thankful for all the gifts and showers and what not but itll be nice to be able to figure out what all I need after this weekend and start to buy the rest of the stuff before my little boy comes!

Purpleish, definitely post a pic if you can, i wanna see!!!

Purpleish - sorry to hear your cold came back! That's horrible. Glad to hear the baby is doing well - looks like she is pretty big. Can't wait to see a pic of your nursery.

Missangie - how did your shower go?

I haven't been checked at all yet to see if I am dilated. I am going to the new OBs office on Tuesday so we will see if they measure me.

Had my baby shower today! It was great!! So now just need to get organized, wash things, and figure out what else we need to buy.

glad your shower went well!

Mine was really fun and got some great things. I am glad to be all done with the showers so that I can now go out and buy the rest of what we need! My sister is coming over next weekend to help me organize everything and set up the nursery with all the little things. I have already washed and organized all of the clothes and put the older sizes in bins under the crib!

DJF, youll have to let us know how Tuesday goes! Ill update you all after my appointment tomorrow.

purpleish, are you feeling better? I hope so!

had my 36 week appt today, they even did an ultrasound to confirm that he is head down (just a quick in office one but It was a very pleasant surprise! He was sucking on his hand, so cute!)

my midwife told me she thinks he will come early. Im not dilated at all though but my cervix is very short and she said his head is VERY low. Not sure why she thinks he will come early but i sure hope she is right!!!

Are any of you experiencing a ton of swelling in your legs/feet? Mine are SO bad, I look hideous. My midwife said they are some of the worst swollen feet and ankles she has seen but I dont have any signs of pre eclampsia which is good!

Hope you all have a great week!

That's exciting that you got an ultrasound in the office! It always makes me feel reassured when I see the baby on the screen. Glad to hear he is head down. So cute about the hand!

Also, it's exciting that you might have him earlier rather than later. I haven't had an internal exam yet but my 36 week appointment is today so I might know later.

I haven't had much swelling in my legs and feet but from what I have heard that's pretty common. I have been having some bad insomnia though. I have been awake since about 3am and I just gave up on trying to fall asleep again. It's 5:30 am now. Yesterday night I was up for 3 hours in the middle of the night. I think this baby is prepping me for the sleepless nights when she arrives!

Hi All....

Feeling a lot better thanks, still coughing here and there - but managing to cope and just deal with it.. if its anything like my last pregnancy, within a few weeks of delivering, I should have the energy to fight this off once and for all!....

I unfortunately did not have a shower on my previous pregnancy nor this one... the last one my 'friend' at the time said she was too busy to organize one, so for this pregnancy, just kept it quiet and as a result - no shower even mentioned... I'm glad you both had a great time though :)

MissA - yes, lots and lots of swelling, esp. by the end of the day - started wearing my compression tights on both legs now - it helps somewhat, but only thing that will truly help is to keep as much as you can off your feet!

DJF> sorry to hear about your insomnia, I had that for a few weeks, in the end, switched beds which helped for a while lol... also realized I was waaay too hot!...

Well, my next OBGYN appointment is tomorrow - let's see what fun that brings - hopefully all is good (would like to be dilated a little more lol)... and I have enough fluid etc for the baby... I'll be 37 weeks this weekend, so as long as I get to 37 weeks I can deliver at my local hospital (as they do not have a NICU)....

Take care girls - we're almost there!

P
x

Purpleish - glad to hear you are feeling a bit better! Hopefully you kick this thing soon. Sorry you didn't have a shower. My mother-in-law planned mine as my family is all in Canada. Let us know how your appointment goes.

My appointment today was very eventful! Started to have contractions in the middle of my appointment. Brand new OB office, first time I met them, and my records weren't there yet. Checked my cervix and I was 1cm dilated. They put me on a monitor and I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes. They tracked down my medical records then sent me to the hospital. At the hospital they gave me IV fluids for a couple of hours and continued to monitor me. The contractions slowed down and were smaller. Still only 1 cm dilated after a couple hours. So was sent home! Rested for a bit and the contractions seem to have stopped.

wow! eventful visit, DJF! Babies are coming sooooon!!!!!!!

Oh WOW!
Thats def' an eventful visit!... did you feel the contractions? Were they painful or ok? :)

Things are moving for us all.... will let you know how my appointment goes later on tonight...

P
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back