pregnancy buddies <3 any trimester <3 chatty girls <3

Ohhh Kelsey, veeery exciting!! Congrats on team blue :D
I cant wait to find out the gender of this LO, Im sooooo tempted to get a private gender scan, I get 10% off when paying online plus i have a 25% off code that I got at my 10 week scan. That would make it cost... £51. What do we think ladies.. Should I? Or should I just wait?

I have been saving my pennies for I dont know what, was just keeping it for baby or maternity clothes etc... but since its my own money I thought maybe I should get a little excitement?! Hows everyones bumps coming along? Mine is still pretty much non existant. My OH and best friend say they see the difference, but Im not so sure!

Go for it mrsmurphey! I would if I had $ saved up and discounts!

AFM- the acid reflux has started. I can't believe it has so soon. I was 22 weeks when it started last time. Anyone else have this?

Ohhh Kelsey, veeery exciting!! Congrats on team blue :D
I cant wait to find out the gender of this LO, Im sooooo tempted to get a private gender scan, I get 10% off when paying online plus i have a 25% off code that I got at my 10 week scan. That would make it cost... £51. What do we think ladies.. Should I? Or should I just wait?

I have been saving my pennies for I dont know what, was just keeping it for baby or maternity clothes etc... but since its my own money I thought maybe I should get a little excitement?! Hows everyones bumps coming along? Mine is still pretty much non existant. My OH and best friend say they see the difference, but Im not so sure!

I say DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Go for it mrsmurphey! I would if I had $ saved up and discounts!

AFM- the acid reflux has started. I can't believe it has so soon. I was 22 weeks when it started last time. Anyone else have this?

Yeah I'm just starting to get it too :(

Morning sickness has also kicked in, worse than the 1st trimester! its awful!

Well there goes my gender scan.. Decided to get my dd a wooden play kitchen instead :dohh: I figured I can wait a few more weeks to find out.. Plus it means less spending in between! (if i found out early, i would start buying earlier!) Plus the look on her little face was worth it =D

Sorry your acid relfux is back runnergrl and kelsey... Ive never had it before! Does it stay with you throughout the pregnancy or is it just on occasion? Hopefully it goes away fast! Finally got myself a bump.. By the end of yesterday I actually looked pregnant. In the morning its nice and petite but by evening its huge! Haha. Going to buy some maternitt tops in the next couple of weeks i think =D

Yayyy! so happy you have the belly! and good for you for waiting on the scan. that's some self control and selflesness giving to your daughter. what a good mommy:hugs:

acid reflux comes and goes. for me anyway. It is worse when I do one of the following:
eat too much
eat too close to bedtime
eat and then lie down
eat something my baby didnt like

so yeah, pretty much every time I eat, unless its a small snack, I feel it. It got so bad toward the end of my pregnancy with my son (30+ weeks), I could only eat a handful of food or some crackers at a time and I could not lie flat. I had to sleep in my husband's recliner!

Can I join? Its hard to find a group that accept you with open arms when group already formed and Ive missed so much lol

xx

runnergirl...that is too bad you are having acid reflux :( I am still lucky that it isn't happening to me...knock on wood...hope it gets a bit better for you!

welcome to are little group wantingagirl! we would love to have you join :)

WELCOME Wantingagirl!! :hi: :friends: we would love to have you join us! (with open arms:))

Want some cake? :cake: LOL!

*Perks up* Did someone say cake? :haha:

Welcome Wantingagirl! :hugs:

Congrats Kelsey! Loving the bump by the way!

Runnergrl, loving your bump pictures too. I get the acid reflux too. Sucks doesn't it? I keep reminding myself that I prefer it over morning sickness. Hehe. Luckily, taking Rennie's helps me and it comes and goes as well so it's not an every day thing. I hope yours gives you more days off from it as well :flower:

MrsMurphy, I am sure the smile on your lil girl's face was well worth it! I bet she was thrilled. :hugs:

I'm doing alright. Did a bit too much yesterday with scrubbing the couch. Was trying to get most of the pet hair out. Never buy upholstery if you will have 8 pets in the house :dohh: :nope: Going to look for slipcovers now, that was the last time I was spending so many hours on it. :haha:

Had an appointment this morning at 8am (actually turned out to be for 8:30am). Goodness I was such a grump getting up! :haha: It was a bit of a disappointment really. We had no idea what it was for only that it was to "discuss how things work in the Netherlands" so we were expecting lots of info about the hospital and childcare after the birth perhaps but it was none of that. :haha: Basically, she checked my blood pressure, gave me extra booklets, and that was that. She did listen to the baby's heartbeat though which we were thrilled about. I was finding it difficult going 8 weeks between scans and not knowing how baby was doing. (The Mr. isn't particularly fond of the doppler idea as he is concerned it would make us worry more so we didn't get it as I respect his opinion on it.) Anywho, baby's heartbeat was found very quickly and as usual, baby hid as soon as s/he realized there was something going on. Hehehe. That's my kiddo :haha:

I asked the nurse of she could access my file and since she could, I asked about my blood tests that had been done a while ago to confirm that all was good and everything was perfect. I also asked about the 20wk ultrasound as I kept reading that it wasn't made for finding out the gender so I wasn't sure if finding out would be an issue or not but as long as the baby behaves, we can find out. Now, to get baby to stay put... :haha:

We were told to go ahead and hire the ummm errrrr aftercare people. Hehehe I have no idea what the word I am looking for is. Anyway, in the Netherlands, everyone is entitled to some weeks of homecare. This means that they send a woman and/or a nurse to come help around the home. She can cook, clean, help take care of the baby, etc. If you get the nurse, she will also check on baby and mama's health.

So anywho, that's basically it here on my end. :flower:

My son's birthday is on Thursday, and I am making chocolate cupcakes for all of his little classmates at school, and have ordered a lemon cake (as per his 2 year old request) for his party on saturday, hence, the :cake: on the brain. Cant wait to eat a cupake on Thursday, and more cake on Saturday-lol!

welcome wantingagirl!! :hugs:

Hi ladies! hope everyone is having a fabulous week so far, trying to catch up on what I've missed. Dr's appt tomorrow and I'm hoping to hear the heartbeat - hubby can't join so I'm really hoping we can record it so he can hear it afterward. Morning sickness seems to have subsided for now, all though all this talk about it being worse in second tri is not reassuring! Hopefully it passes quickly for you!!

I am not looking forward to the heartburn :(

runnergrl: aw yay birthday!! have a piece for me :D

Well today was awful. I went to my cardiologist for a check up and she is having me go do a sleep study Monday night, I have to go to the hospital at 730pm and get hooked up to a bunch of things and get monitored while I sleep to make sure I'm getting adequate oxygen. I can't even sleep at home so I don't know how that's going to work lol oh well, it's for the baby :)

The worst part was she prescribed me a drug for tachycardia because my heart rate has been in the 130s. She was debating on whether to put me on it or not and then decided to. I got home and looked it up and it's a class C for pregnancy! Which means it had adverse effects on fetus' in animals and hasn't been studied in humans! It also said if taken during pregnacy the baby should be monitored for AT LEAST 48 hours after birth! I feel bad even taking Tylenol while pregnant! I would rather be put on bed rest which may hairbrush, we'll see... I'm just stressed :(

Well today was awful. I went to my cardiologist for a check up and she is having me go do a sleep study Monday night, I have to go to the hospital at 730pm and get hooked up to a bunch of things and get monitored while I sleep to make sure I'm getting adequate oxygen. I can't even sleep at home so I don't know how that's going to work lol oh well, it's for the baby :)

The worst part was she prescribed me a drug for tachycardia because my heart rate has been in the 130s. She was debating on whether to put me on it or not and then decided to. I got home and looked it up and it's a class C for pregnancy! Which means it had adverse effects on fetus' in animals and hasn't been studied in humans! It also said if taken during pregnacy the baby should be monitored for AT LEAST 48 hours after birth! I feel bad even taking Tylenol while pregnant! I would rather be put on bed rest which may hairbrush, we'll see... I'm just stressed :(

Im so sorry Kelsey! i would try everything I could to avoid taking the medication too!

Thank you! I can't believe they would just put me on something like that with out explaining the risks.

me neither... did you ask them about it? is there an alternative??

I'm calling them first thing in the morning!

oh dear Kelsey, I hope everything is going to be okay, I will be thinking about you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->