Pregnancy myths!

2nd time mum

Reaction score
I just saw this on a pregnancy website and found some of it quite interesting - mind you nearer the time once baby due I will try some of the myths to see if something will work to bring on labour!!

https://www.welcomebabyhome.com/pregnancy/pregnancy_myths.htm?source=ppuk

The biggest myth is that pregnancy is 40 weeks. I'm closing in on 42 and still no baby!!!!

I dont think anything brings on labour, ive tried it all! xxx

Myth 3 - i currently live in Indonesia where all dishes are spicy. never had any problem with early labor nor contractions.

Myth 6 - loved sweets allthroughout my last 33 weeks. i'm having a son, though. :)

Myth 8 - in Asia, it's the other way around. broad nose = boy. just shows how untrue this is.

Myth 10 - my baby's hb rate is 146. and he's definitely male.

Myth 11 - an Indonesian co-worker said that loads of stretch marks means my son will have loads of hair. no mention of heartburn there. will update when i finally get to see my son outside my tummy.

(had nothing much to do so decided to de-bunk some myths myself based on my own personal experience)

I love number 15 - be interesting to see if it's true or not, I'm usually 28 days, occasionally 29 ... will have to remember that one!

Fun to read, but like they say these things to bring on labour only work if the baby is ready to be born, great to read, take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->