Pregnancy myths!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by 2nd time mum, Apr 19, 2009.

1. 2nd time mum

2nd time mum Well-Known Member

2. lyndsey3010

lyndsey3010 Mummy of two boys

The biggest myth is that pregnancy is 40 weeks. I'm closing in on 42 and still no baby!!!!

3. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

I dont think anything brings on labour, ive tried it all! xxx

4. butrfly

butrfly Mom to Sweet Elijah

Myth 3 - i currently live in Indonesia where all dishes are spicy. never had any problem with early labor nor contractions.

Myth 6 - loved sweets allthroughout my last 33 weeks. i'm having a son, though. :)

Myth 8 - in Asia, it's the other way around. broad nose = boy. just shows how untrue this is.

Myth 10 - my baby's hb rate is 146. and he's definitely male.

Myth 11 - an Indonesian co-worker said that loads of stretch marks means my son will have loads of hair. no mention of heartburn there. will update when i finally get to see my son outside my tummy.

(had nothing much to do so decided to de-bunk some myths myself based on my own personal experience)

5. avabear73

avabear73 Mum to Finlay

I love number 15 - be interesting to see if it's true or not, I'm usually 28 days, occasionally 29 ... will have to remember that one!

6. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

Fun to read, but like they say these things to bring on labour only work if the baby is ready to be born, great to read, take care :hugs: XX