pregnant 4 months after csection!help

Malouka

Reaction score
Hi ladies...

I am a bit worried. My baby was born by emergency c section. He is now 4 months old and i am 3 weeks pregnant.... It was unexpected but not unwanted. I am very concerned at the moment. The biggest concern i have is the healing proces. It was my first c sectio. And im 21 years old. These 2 weeks my incision feels sore. This could be because i have been working out.. but my doctor told me after 2 months its fine. Or could this be bcs of my pregnancy? I really dont know what to expect and i wont see the doctor until monday. The other thing might seem a minor issue but it has been affecting me a lot. I have gained 3 stone and although my husband ia very helpful i could get it out of him to confess that hes not attracted to me because of this weight gain. I decided to diet and workout. Now i am afraid that i cant lose weoght because o cant get too hot during my workout and i need to tale it easy bcs of my c section. Its tearing me apart because even if i wish to jave another baby i was looking forward to be beautiful again... I hope someone can advice on these 2 issues

I guess its not so busy at the c section side, but I really hope someone can advise!

You really need to see your dr/consultant. I was advised not to get pregnant for a minimum of 6 months, ideally 2 years, to give my scar time to heal, and mine was elective due to iugr. You can still do gentle exercise during pregnancy, change eating habits, walk instead of drive etc, so you can still lose a safe amount of weight during pregnancy, or just try not to gain too much, all depends on pre pregnancy weight. I would recommend seeing your dr asap though. Getting pregnant 12 weeks after major surgery could cause complications, but only your dr will know your circumstances. That's quite unfair of your husband to say that, you've just had a baby.

I would talk to your doctor, but as far as your scar being sore it might be normal when you get pregnant, I know for me it was sore in the beginning of my pregnancy when my uterus started to get bigger. You can still exercise, you just have to keep your heart rate under a certain number. Congrats on your pregnancy!

My dr told me there's no real time to wait before getting pregnant again although at least 6m would be lovely. I have a friend who got pregnant about 8 weeks after her emcs and her drs weren't concerned.

Personally I think I'd just see my dr/me sooner rather than later to make sure there's nothing you need to do and make tem aware x

See your dr and let them advise you. As for your weight gain I know its hard as I am trying to loose mine, but I am also thinking about TTC baby no2 and then once they arrive I can sort out my body once and for all (only plan on 2 babies). Your husband must find you attractive as you got pregnant rather quickly after having your last baby ;-)

You could try pregancy yoga/pilates, i didnt think id be into it but actually really enjoyed it. But defo speak to your doctor first.

And congrats on the bfp! I maybe might just be a teeny tiny weenie ittle bit envious! ;)

I was old it was ideal to have 18months between births but 12 would be just fine. You will probably just need extra monitoring and to take it easy. I would try going for power walks for now if you are trying to lose weight and not calorie counting but eating well and lots of water (which I hope your doing anyway :baby:) Are you bfing? I just ask because that will change how you lose weight as well. On the plus side I have heard you don't gain as much with your 2nd as you do your 1st :shrug: Idk how true that is though.

You will have pain and soreness around your scar for a while. LO is 8months and there are still days where mine hurts. Now it is different though. I think where my scar on my uterus isn't in the same place anymore as the one on my belly so I get some internal pain slightly in a different space. Some people say it never goes away. As long as you don't think you strained too hard or anything I wouldn't be too stressed. You will experience some pain as you grow I'm sure. I think all will be fine though :hugs: Just speak with your doctor and see what they have to say but it happens to women all the time :winkwink:

hey i got pregnant five months after a c section i was also told after 2 months its as good as it is even going to be .... it does tho depend on the reason u needed a section in the first place as i had an emcs at 33 weeks my uterus never thinned out nd ut was such a rush it was messy nd hard to cut through so there going to keep an eye on the inside when i get passed 34 weeks and as for ur scar at the start of pregnancy i was a bit freaked out about mine it change coulor got quite sore i even got an infected ingrown hair on it but the doctor just kept telling me it was fine ... i think when we get paranoid about it it makes it worse :) but as for ur weight gain im sure as soon as ur husband realises theres another little baby growing in there he will find u just as attractive at the end of the ur giving him the best gife any woman can give a man :)

Hi. I also got pregnant once my LO was 4 months old. My doctor is not at all concerned about my previous c-section which was actually an emergency c-section. I have had no soreness with my scar. You still have the option of a vaginal delivery after 1 c-section. 2 or more c-sections need to always be c-sections due to high risk of the uterus rupturing. I am going to try for a vaginal delivery with this baby.

Hi. I also got pregnant once my LO was 4 months old. My doctor is not at all concerned about my previous c-section which was actually an emergency c-section. I have had no soreness with my scar. You still have the option of a vaginal delivery after 1 c-section. 2 or more c-sections need to always be c-sections due to high risk of the uterus rupturing. I am going to try for a vaginal delivery with this baby.

I was told no more than 2 sections depending on the reasons. If I had 2 sections because they were both breech like with my LO they would still consider it there is just a higher chance of complications that wouldn't allow them to proceed with it. May be different because I had a midwife though and they are more pro vbac :shrug:

I want to get pregnant 4-5 months after my c section so I am jealous lol! Can I just ask you when your period came back? I bf for 3,5 weeks and my daughter is 10 weeks now and still no period. I too put on loads of weight so I sympathise. I feel like I am practically starving myself to lose it and with running around after a baby it's hard. What about swimming?

I want to get pregnant 4-5 months after my c section so I am jealous lol! Can I just ask you when your period came back? I bf for 3,5 weeks and my daughter is 10 weeks now and still no period. I too put on loads of weight so I sympathise. I feel like I am practically starving myself to lose it and with running around after a baby it's hard. What about swimming?

Unless you are exclusively bf'ing there is a good possibility yiu can still ovulate even with no period :winkwink: I wasn't bf'ing often enough so my midwife put me on the mini pill :)

Thank you :) I am not breast feeding at all so here's hoping!

It is hard for us women when we gain weight because we are expected to be a good mom, good wife, succesful woman and to stay beautiful and young. It's something thats impossible to ALL achieve and everybody knows this, but still when we don't achieve it we aren't considered good enough by the society. But don't show it!! We are also not supposed to show that we care about it... sorry little rant. But I think I got my period back after 6 weeks? I do not swim bt I do go to the gym. I decided to continue spinning twice a week.

Thankyou, yes so true what you say. Did you breast feed ever?

2 months sounds a bit funny to me, I have always been told minimum of 6 months but 1.5 - 2 years is best for getting pregnant after a c-section.

Then pain you are having could just be normal stretching pains or it could be because bub is trying to attach on the site of where your scar is.
I would say they would definitely keep you monitored closely because of how soon you are pregnant after having a csection.

If I was in your case, as much as I would hatE not to try to loose weight I would hold back on the exercise until at least 12 weeks, just in case.

I was breastfeeding exclusively when I got pregnant. But my LO started sleeping through the night for 12 hours once he was 8 weeks old so we were actively trying to conceive. I had one period 3 months after my LO was born and then got pregnant on the next cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->